My first challenge...starting Dec 1st....I need your motivation!!!

• Hello fellow BFL friends.  I am new to this after hearing about it from a good friend of mine, but I have done lots of research on this website.  I have tried to get friends to do it with me but it looks like i'm on my own.  My husband is a body builder so we go to the gym very frequently but I am not in the shape I would like to be in.  And I honestly dont think that he thinks I can do this.  I am 23 and weigh 125 and many tell me Im crazy that I look good, but I want to tone up and feel better on the inside and out.  (and get rid of this big ole booty)  I want to be able to wear a bikini and actually not feel insecure.  Ok, that is my venting for the day.  I welcome any of you as my new BFL friends to keep a check on me.  I will be posting before and after pictures later on.  I am hoping that by having this blog I will stay motivated!  Thank you all for posting tips and your progess pn the blogs,  it is because of you that I am committing myself to this!  God Bless you all and keep up the good work!!!

• margie2437,

Welcome to BFL and the forum and congratulations on accepting the BFL challenge! For starters you CAN do this! I love that part in your post about feeling better inside and out. BFL transforms bodys there is no doubt about that. But the most amazing transformations happen on the inside. It is hard to explain but when you dig deep, deeper than you ever have in your life, and destroy the self errected obstacles limiting what you think you can do, you connect with yourself, if that makes sense. you come alive and realize you are capable of accomplising anything! sorry if I am getting excited. BFL had changed my life!

The people on this forum are great! There is a ton of support and encouragement and lots of different ideas and opinions. It is a great place to be and a great place to stay accountable.

All the best

Orrin

• Hi, Margie2437! Congratulations on taking your health back! These boards are so full of wisdom, humor, support, and genuine, caring people. Stay active, find a group to go through the adventure with, and give it all you've got! You can do it!

There's a girl out there warming up with your max.

• Welcome Margie!!  In my humble opinion the most important thing you can do is "Promise yourself that no matter what obstacle is thrown in your path, that you'll just jump over it".  You may stumble, you may fall, but all that matters is that you get back up and keep working on that promise to yourself.

Go show your husband what you are made of!!

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory

• Margie2437 ..... following is something that WannaBeABrickhouse posted in another thread. It says it all about how important it is to hang together, support & encourage each other. Check into the forum daily....post your questions, challenges, victories. Together we will all succeed!!

Honk!! Honk!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When you see geese flying along in “V” formation, you might consider what science has discovered as to why they fly that way.

Fact: As each bird flaps its wings, it creates an “uplift” for the bird immediately following. By flying in a “V” formation, the whole flock has at least 71% greater flying range than if each bird flew on its own.

Lesson: People who share a common direction and sense of community can get where they are going quicker and easier because they are travelling on the thrust of one another.

Fact: When a goose flies out of formation, it suddenly feels the drag and resistance of trying to go it alone. It quickly gets back into formation to take advantage of the lifting power of the birds immediately in front.

Lesson: If we have as much common sense as a goose, we stay in formation with those headed where we want to go. We are willing to accept their help and give our help to others. It is harder to do something alone than together.

Fact: When the lead goose gets tired, it rotates back into the formation, and another goose flies to the point position.

Lesson: It is sensible to take turns doing the hard and demanding tasks and sharing leadership. As with geese, people are interdependent of each others skills, capabilities, and unique arrangements of gifts, talents, or resources.

Fact: The geese flying in formation honk from behind to encourage those up front to keep up their speed.

Lesson: We need to make sure our honking is encouraging. In groups where there is encouragement, the production is much greater. The power of encouragement (to stand by one’s heart or core values and encourage the heart and core of others) is the quality of honking we seek. We need to make sure our honking is encouraging and not discouraging.

Fact: When a goose gets sick, wounded, or shot down, two other geese will drop out of formation with that goose and follow it down to lend help and protection. They stay with the fallen goose until it dies or is able to fly again. Then, they launch out on their own, or with another formation to catch up with their flock.

Lesson: If we have the sense of a goose, we will stand by each other in difficult times as well as in good.

• Thanks ya'll for the support!!  I just started reading the BFL book and will be done before I start my challenge!  I am soo excited and ready to start this!!!!

• Well I started early!!  Monday November 29th was my first day and today makes day 2!  I am actually feeling pretty good!  I love the eating every few hours, even if its not very much!  Yesterday I had a terrible headache all day, Im thinking maybe it was from the lack of sugar my body is use to.  Hahah. Take that you belly roll!!  Anywhoo, I hope you all are having a good week!!!!  I will post again in a few days!!

• Hi Margie, I'm on Day 9.  Nice to be on the journey with you.

• Hi Margie, and welcome! I invite you to check out 'Butts and Gutts Crew'...they just started round 2 Monday...they will give you great support along the way! I am in week 12 and have had a lot of obstacles, but am making it thru and finishing strong this week! I will be starting another challenge in a couple weeks. I also recommend the BFL Success Journal. It is a great tool and has really helped me stay on track!

Best of luck, and prove that husband WRONG!!

Leggs