Starting November 22nd... Are You Ready?

• Brickhouse ..... that is proof that BFL can add years to our life!!

• I'm in.  New to this.  Work with Cuervo.  My wife is joining in with this, too.  She's "easierpete".

A little about me.  I'm male, 40, 6'-1", and somewhere north of 300 lbs (official weigh in tomorrow).  I have 2 herniated discs and have gout (been suffering for past 14 years).  It took about 5 years for the doctors to diagnose it after my first signs of it (left knee), so it's reduced the use of my left knee significantly.  While I hope it doesn't impact working out, historically it has.  I will have to pick my exercises carefully.  For those out there that have issues with knees, I would appreciate help with choosing exercises.  I imagine that when the weight starts to come off, I will be able to stress it more.  

My goals for the first time through BFL is 25# and 3% reduction in body fat.

Look forward to it.

• And life to our years!

I an now proudly sporting two simple black rubber bracelets on my wrist, from my daughter, one for each Challenge!

Has anyone used resistance bands? I know they're not the same as weights, but I found a set on clearance for $6 tonight and had to grab 'em. They're labeled "medium" resistance (that's all they had). I'm thinking I could even keep them in my desk at work.

After seeing the room we made in the basement, I'm imagining some gym equipment down there eventually! That's once we evict all the spiders (some giants were down there yesterday) and seal up the drafts.

My meals and workout are all planned for tomorrow and I am ready to BUST THIS THANG WIDE OPEN, Y'ALL!!!

There's a girl out there warming up with your max.

• I'm in.  Starting with my husband "easypete".

I'm 40, 5'3" and very overweight.  I have hypothyroidism and bad lower back.  

My goal is to get into a routine that is good for me and lose weight too.  Goal - 15 pounds loss.

• Welcome, Easypete and easierpete!   The more, the merrier!!

I just did my real age and it is.....41.4 years!  I will be 48 in April, so not bad.  

Is everybody ready for tomorrow?

• Welcome 2Petes! This is a great group and we're glad to have you! Cuervo is a hugh inspiration and an integral part of our little family here.

Can you believe we have 66 posts on this thread and we haven't even started yet? Can't wait! It's ridiculous how excited I am to start again! I love seeing my progress as I get stronger.

There's a girl out there warming up with your max.

• I'm in...to the two Pete's...so glad you guys are here.  You both will do great.  These guys here are crazy supportive.

Did my weigh in this AM at 219.  I don't want to lose any more weight but I realize that 10 or so pounds is likely.  Focussing on strength and muscle gains this challenge.  It's going to be brutal and fun!!

• Count me in, too!!   I successfully completed my first challenge about 8 years ago.  I never felt better.  Unfortunately, life got in the way, or should I say, I got in my way and fell off the bandwagon.  I have continued worked out off and on over the years.  I have also slipped back into bad eating habits.  I am starting this challenge 40lbs heavier that I was for my first challenge.

My goal is to lose 25lbs, tone up, lose 17% body fat, and build up so muscle.

I have already printed out my work out and eating plans for next week.  So, I am ready to get started again.

It is great to have so much support here!

Brick - Nice article.

• Can I join in too??  I tried a challenge 9 years ago and it fell apart half way through due to many reasons.  I am a shift worker and have found I am putting on weight and feeling more and more tired all the time.  After an honest comment from my newlywed wife a days ago I realized I need to do something about this.  I was going to wait until 2011 to start to line up with a challenge date but there is no time like the present.  I will finish this 12 weeks just before my 39 birthday.

My goal for this challenge is to lose 20lbs of scale weight.  I look forward to the support as switching between day and night shift it becomes fairly easy to lose motivation to hit the gym.  I will be starting in the am as soon as I am finished night shift.

HONK HONK!!!

PS:  Is there a spot where we check in every day or will this thread be the spot????

• Good morning gang,

Since morning cardio was not my favorite thing to do during C1, and many times I would do it at night, I decided to start C2 with a nice HIIT session. 3.02 miles in 20 minutes @ 4:30 am !!! That seems like a good baseline for me during this challenge.

Welcome to all of the newcomers. Lets roll.

Have a great day everyone.

• G’ morning to all,

Just came upstairs from my UBWO. Arms are shaking … takes both hands to lift my protein shake. For mw that is a sign of a great workout!! Fortunately I made the shake before doing my UBWO.  Have a great day!!

Honk!! Honk!!

• Good Morning everyone!

I'm up early, and mentally preparing for UBWO. I'm not sure what weights to start on since I've been out of the gym for almost a month or two. I could hardly sleep last night thinking about what these next few weeks will bring. I kept wondering if i was going to be able to make it through the 12 weeks, and the bottom line is, it's all up to me and how bad i want this. I'm going all the way! I'm 166.8lb today, and i'm not really sure if i want to weigh-in every week. I was pretty obsessed with the scale on my first attempt at C1, and when i wasnt losing as much as i wanted to (which was like a 4lb loss in 8 weeks :( ) i was pretty depressed.

Turns out, i wasn't eating enough. It's something i tend to correct this time around!

Question, can i use 100% WHEY protein as a meal replacement? Or do i have to add a carb to it? Last time i added a carb to it.

Good luck everyone on your W1D1.

Honk, Honk!

• Good Morning 11/22 Crew,

I blasted my workout this AM!  AR paved the way for strength gains across the board for me....and that is exciting!

Mari - yes you need to add a carb to that whey protein.  You need that Carb and Protein source in each meal.  Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions about what to add...

For anyone new to the site...don't be surprised if you have some issues with posting responses.  It happens on occasion, and I was having problems this AM.  A restart of my browser seemed to fixed it.

Thank God legs were the focus today...otherwise typing would be a problem!!!

Lift hard and eat clean today guys and gals!

• SO JAZZED to be starting up today!  WAHOOOO!  Finished the workout this morning, now just have to pack up the clean food and head off to a crazy day at work.  My husband took my photos for me and yes, it was quite embarrassing.  I will only muster up the courage to post them if the 4 week photos show any marked improvement.  For now, I will keep the shock to myself!  ENJOY THIS GREAT MONDAY!  We are in this thing together.  xoxo  BOSTON

• WOW...wish I had time for personal posts...but I don't.  I won't have much time on the computer this week.  In-laws getting in around noon tomorrow, so major house cleaning and shopping to do.  We will have several people over for Thanksgiving.  Out for Black Friday sales with my sister by 3:00 a.m. on Friday and then out to dinner with In-laws Friday night.  Not sure what all is in store for the weekend, but don't see much sleep in my near future.  I will try to check in as often as I can though.

I just wanted to give a shout out to all of you who are starting today....you are Awesome and you will finish this challenge, no matter what.  Focus on progress and not perfection.  And, always strive to give a little more and work a little harder.

Boston:  Since you have done this before, you may see results in four weeks.  In my first and only challenge, I saw zilch at week 4.  So, just don't let it discourage you if you don't see major changes at that point.  Think how much healthier you are than you were just three months ago.

Brick:  Can I just say how proud I am of you.  You have come so far with your weight, and quitting smoking.  You have added so many years to your life, and your daughter is soooo lucky to have such a positive and healthy role model in her mommy.

To all my buddies and all you newbies...here's to a beautiful and amazing day.  I hope you all hurt so bad that you can't get out of bed tomorrow.

2Conquer:  Are you ready for week 2???  Check in when you can, so we can compare notes.

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"