Motivation & Irregular Working Hours

• Hello there,

It's good to be here. I've been following this forum for a couple of months but it's just this time that I decided to kick it off and ask a question. It shows that I am "almost" decisive in transforming my body :)

I am 31 years old, male, mesomorph, 243 lbs, 5 feet 11 inches...I am not new to muscle workout however I've been away from all that stuff for about 6 years. I played water polo when I was younger and used to workout 4 days a week (though irregularly...4 months regularly, then give up for 7-8 monhts and restart for another 4 months :) ). During my workout sessions, I realized that intense workout makes my muscles grow best.

As for food intake, I try my best to have a balanced nutrition regimen but most of the time I cannot help but eat fast food (because it is sometimes not convenient to find a diner to buy healthy food and most of the time I do not have enough patience to stick with eating healthy food)

I am now somewhat out-of-shape but honestly I am quite in peace with it. The bad thing is that I am worried about my health and I do not feel good when I cannot fit in a slimfit shirt etc :) 

I want to start all this up over again just like the old days. But my daily schedule is extremely heavy. I work at my office from 8:30 am to 8 - 9 pm including Saturdays. I think of going to gym early in the morning but since my body gets depleted everyday, it feels like a torture to get up and sweat in the gym early in the morning. I also do not want to wait for 8-10 months to see the results. I think I can bear with it only if I see the improvement clearly in the first 2 months. What should I do to get motivated? or how should I regulate my workout schedule? Any ideas?

Thanks a lot.

Marv

• Marv - I think if you want to get motivated, you need to go to the Success Stories tab at the top of the page and read some of the stories. Take your picture and post in on the fridge. Ask yourself if you are truly quite at peace with the status quo. Buy the book, or borrow it from the library, or pull it off the shelf if you already own it, and read it.

I think that you will find that your body will become less, rather than more, depleted if you start exercising and eating right. You are not trying your best to have a balanced nutrition regimen if you turn around and eat fast food because it is not convenient to buy healthy food. How about getting a small fridge to put at your desk and stock it with healthy foods so that you are not dependent on fast food? May I ask what you do that requires that many hours at the office?

This program is no more than decision, planning and action. You can do it.

Want it. Plan it. Do it.

• Hi Saralynn,

You are very right. Now I think that the best way to get motivated is to take a pic of me and post it on this forum. Then, declare that I am committed to transform my body. Once I speak it out loud to the community, there's no turning back :) If I take and post pics of me periodically showing the improvement, I am quite sure that I would be even more motivated by the comments to be made.

It's not easy for me to cook but maybe I can cook a whole bunch of healthy food on Sunday and stock it on the freez so that I can microwave it when needed. I have the book (BFL), checked it out and the recommended meals are very good and actually not very difficult to find.

I made the decision. I'll make a plan which will be actualized :)

As for my occupation, I am an entrepreneur running multiple businesses. That's why I work a lot - usually for meetings and all that stuff etc. 

Thanks for the support Saralynn :)