The right calorie count for me?

• Hello,

I have just started researching the body for life program via website, have not read any of the book yet.  I have been looking in the "library" section and I think the meal planners are such a great resource!  However, how do I determine how many calories/carbs/etc. I should be taking in each day?  Is there a formula to calculate this?

Thanks in advance for your input!

• bushman_IL

Congratulations on making the first step toward changing your life! BFL works!

There is a lot of great information on this site but I would highly recommend you get your hands on a copy of the original BFL book, read it cover to cover and then follow it to the letter. It will change your life!!!

I don't know how tall you are or how much you weigh or how much you want to lose but it doesn't matter. The beauty of BFL is it is simple and works for everyone. You don't have to worry about counting calories or weighing your food. BFL eating is this: 6 meals a day each spaced 2.5 - 3 hours apart. Each meal has a portion of protein the size of your palm and a portion of carbs the size of your clenched fist. At least two meals should have lots of veggies and you should drink at least two glasses of water with each meal. In the Library section on this site there is a list of authorized food. It makes BFL eating simple. Just pick a protein from the authorized protein list and a carb from the authorized carb list and you have a meal. It is just that easy.

When you combine clean BFL eating with BFL fitness and a powerful, positive mindset for 12 full weeks you will see amazing changes in your life inside and out.

Visit the forum often and post any questions you have. There are so many great people here who want to see you succeed!!

All the best

Orrin