Startig Oct 18th, 2010 Care to Join Me

• This is great - what a positive group!

A few of my goals: being fit at fifty and  fitting into my old jeans (size 6) and looking great in them!!

Did my upper body w/o first thing. Had my healthy breakfast - egg, egg white scramble with tomato and wheat toast (dry). Yum!

Will take my measurements and before photo tonight. I'm having my body fat measured tomorrow.

Height: 5' 6"

Weight: 144 lbs.

Size 10

Thanks - I'm so glad you're all here. We can do this together!

Sandy

PS Where do I post my photo?

• I'm in too...its been going pretty smooth today.

• this group is awesome.

Starting stats

5'7''

16.2% BF

Goal is to be no less than 170 with 10 to 12 BF.

Since I just finished my first challenge a week ago, I will simply use the same pics which are already on my profile.

• Well, almost done with day 1!  Did my UBWO and I am going to be sore tomorrow!! Anyways, I am going to go into my profile and post my measurements and try to figure out a way to put my nasty before photos up. WARNING!!! If you have a weak stomach, dont look at them!! Hehe!  Disgusting!!  Thank God this isnt a dating forum!!

Sandy~if I figure out the photos Ill let you know!

We will all succeed................together!!

• Hello Bec

I'm interested in some recipes. I'm also in the same boat, i'm doing the challenge by myself. My wife is pregnanat so she has a get out of jail card with food right now... :)

• Hey, anybody heard from Brian tonite?

First day went really well, surprisingly! Ate right and exercised. Had more energy today than I have in years... Stayed disciplined.

I even got my 66 yr old mom to agree to eat what I am going to eat!! And she agreed to go to the gym 3x's a week with me! Unbelievable considering 2 months ago she had a bi-lateral knee replacement!

How's everyone else doing tonite?

• Hello everyone,

WOW has this group grown.  In two or three days I'll take another accounting like someone did before to get a list but seeing as it is growing, there's no point for now.  As always, everyone is welcome to join (3 weeks ahead, two weeks behind, it doesn't matter).  I had been responding to individual messages but that seems a waste of space.  I'll start off by posting my stats:

Age 29, Male, 6'1", 211.8 lbs, 21.8% body fat (according to one of those electric scales ....natoriously innaccurate but it's all I got.)  Anyhow....looking to get down under 182 or 10%, whichever comes first.  On another note.

Bec,

Any good recipes for chicken?....or better still what's your favorite meal so far?

Laura & Kathy R

It's great to have you with us and I don't think you're behind.....everyone started today.  If ever you need any encouragement, I feel we have a great group of people here.

Jamie,

I'm either going to post my Day 1 pictures here or on your site, whichever proves easier.  I'd encourge everyone else to do the same.  If you're a private person, so be it but I don't think anybody should wait for after pictures to post before pictures.  If you're embarressed (which I think everyone is) let it drive you.  Use that as a tool to motivate your change.

As for me, the first day went well.  My expectations were completely innaccurate but oh well....forward is forward.  I have high hopes and every expectation that this is going to get hard....but remember, that's the point.  On another note, someone left me a qoute, so I'll leave one by Tony Robbins:

"The secret of success is learning how to use pain and pleasure instead of having pain and pleasure use you. If you do that, you're in control of your life. If you don't, life controls you. "

Anyway....good stuff.  If you tripped up just keep on going.  Nobody get taken down by any four day hump.  Remember, quiting is a question and it's not the answer you're looking for....it's getting rid of the question.

Have fun everybody,

Brian

• Hi Everyone,

My name is Alex, and I too started today, Oct. 18th. I am a 21 year old male, I am 5'11" and  weigh approximately 250 with approximately 30% body fat (electric scale reading). This is my first time trying BFL so I could use any recipes anyone has to offer. Specifically any recipes for the vanilla myoplex shakes, those things are hard to stomach. My goal by January 9th is 210lbs. This is my first time on a real forum, so be gentle!

Thanks,

Alex

• LI also started today.  I'm 43 5' 7" and weigh 197lbs.  my purpose for joining the challenge is due to a rare form disease which leads directly to colon cancer.  Because of the health issues I want to be in as good of health as possible.  I've already had my colon removed ten years ago and I maybe looking at having a portion of my small intestine removed in the near future.

First day has been good.  I have a recipe for chicken enchiladas.  I grilled two chicken breasts seasoned with fajita seasoning mix, shredded the chicken and added two green chilies and to taste green salsa verde.  I used white corn tortillas but you could use whole wheat.  Spoon the mixture onto warmed tortilla and roll up placing seam side down.  I topped with Weight Watchers cheese and salsa verde.  Popped it in the oven on 350 degrees until cheese melts.  Made 14 enchiladas.

• Day one was a success!  Here are my stats:

I am 5'2" and weigh 165.5lbs.  I would like to get down to 140 in 12 weeks.  Anything beyond that would be great if course, but I want to start off with an attainable goal.  I will get pics up as soon as I can get someone to take them for me!

Good luck and see y'all tomorrow!

• One of my friends shared this quote with me and it really hit home for me. I've tried to apply it to everything I do and it has really made a difference so I thought I would share it with everyone who is just starting out and trying to set goals.

He told me:

"Shoot for the moon, and even if you miss you will land among the stars"

I know its a popular quote, but it really hit me that if we don't set lofty goals, we are cheating ourselves. Even if we set a goal that is a little too high, in our struggle to achieve it, we will land somewhere better than if we had set our sights lower.

• It's great to see so much action on this page! Makes me happy to be part of such an upbeat group :)

Here are my stats: I started Sunday (Oct. 17), I'm 25 yrs old and 146 lbs.  I'm hoping to drop 11 pounds of fat over the next 12 weeks.  Nutrition is always the trickiest piece to the fitness puzzle for me (I'm a vegetarian who loves carbs and sweets), and though I know I don't have a ton of weight to lose, it's hard for me to shake these pounds.  I know nutrition is the missing link though (because I already enjoying working out), so I'll be looking forward to coming on here for some support, and I hope I can be of help to you all, too!  

See you all later in the week! Good luck!

• Had a very good first day pretty much went as planned. Seeing how this group has grown and is so diverse is an inspiration in itself! One quote got my attention "The pain of discipline or the pain of regret" so true and everyone being so positive is a great boost. Also great enchilada recipe jddarr66 I'm trying that for sure thanks for sharing. Hey Stalix throw some frozen strawberries in that Myoplex

• Day 1 went really well.  I ate all my meals and drank 10 cups of water.  Day 2 is off to a good start.  I started my morning with ham, egg, & cheese sandwich out of the EFL book.  I'm not much of a fan of cheese but I'm trying to follow the meal plan to a T.  :)

Stalix:  I love that quote.  "Shoot for the moon, and even if you miss you will land among the stars"  I think i'll use it on my Facebook today :)

• Day two:  I started yesterday with Cardio ,and it was really intense. Day two LBWO, its been 2hrs i finished with my training and i can really feel it! I'm loving the support in here and the sense of being accountable to someone especially that i am doing the challenge by myself.

I need to remind myself to take in all the meals, and even though i have packed my food during the day i have to make sure i dont forget the inbetweens.

Unfortunately being in Botswana, I have no way of buying the shakes that would substitute so i have to be creative!

I'm not complaining though! Even with all the hard work and the commitment of waking up at 5am everyday, I can visualise the end result!

Enjoy your day everybody!!