Startig Oct 18th, 2010 Care to Join Me

• "I won't quit",

that's amazing stuff.  I'm glad to hear it is going so well and that you are getting your life in order.  Additionally, I am also excited to see that you are still with us.  Your continued participation means that we haven't lost anyone who completed the 4th week.....Amazing!!!

Anyway, on my side I worked out this morning.....ran with the dog.  I'll confess my results aren't what I had hoped they would be at this point but I am resolved to finish because while I am aware that my weight has not changed in 4 weeks, I do feel and look healthier and at some point, I expect the scale and everything else will reflect that.  

Regardless, I would say, remember to post your pics....this is the end of week eight.  I'll update my photos on my profile.  I hope everyone is doing well.

Be great everybody,

Brian

• Lori...holy smokes girl! Good for you! I can tell it took a lot of hard work. Congratulations!

• Wassup Crew,

I'm still here and kicking.  I was in Ottawa Canada the last few and it was awesome since I did all my cardio while skating.  But now I'm back to Sunny San Diego.

Last week went good for me apart for my flying/traveling days.  I tend to drink a lot prior, during and in between flights.  But apart from that I kept up to the routine.

Just like Brian I'm not seeing much changes lately but I know it as to do with not being strict enough.  One thing I have to say, it is way harder to remain motivated during the 2nd challenge.

Hope everyone is doing great and lets continue to have fun...

• Well, Im still here!  My eating has been off track!  My workouts have been awesome!!!  I started a new job, my brother and nephew moved in with me and my thyroid was off so its been stressful!! Oh and I forgot to mention.................PMS!! Ugh!!  But I hit a milestone yesterday, I am now under 200lbs!  I am 199!!!! Yay!!!  I hope you all are hanging in there!  this is one of the most difficult times of year to stick with the program!! Have an awesome day!!!

We will all succeed................together!!

• Sandra, Congratulations!!! You go girl!!

I did my HIIT this morning at felt really great! I am getting stronger for sure and am able to run longer without dying. My midsection is starting to decrease and can really tell a difference in my obliques. Now my booty, hips and thighs need to catch up! LOL

Eating well has been a struggle still this week. One day at a time, right?

Good luck to everyone this weekend!

Jaimee

www.myrunforlife.blogspot.com

• I just wanted to thank everyone on the forum. I read every post and it has been inspiring and motivating for me. This is the longest I have ever stuck with a new fitness and health routine. Thank you!!!

Also, I had 2 holiday parties this week. So I did a wild and crazy thing.... I turned my free day into 2 free meals. I made sure and stuck to my exercise routine and ate pretty clean the rest of the week. I was very diligent  because I was nervous about what would happen. I lost 2.4 lbs this week!!! CRAZY!!

On another note, I have gotten discouraged, like others on this foram, that my results are not what I was expecting. But hey, this is a total life style change for me. I am finding things that I can incorporate into the rest of my life. And even though I am not where I thought I would be at this stage, I am healthier, happier and feel so much better than last year at this time, better then 3 months ago. We are all a work in progress.

• Congrats Sandra! I ljust want you to know that I love reading your posts! Good luck with the new job, thyroid and new roomies!

• A reminder to everybody to put a post in after this post but before sunday to log your participation for the coming week.

Thanks,

Brian

• Hey everybody,

I just wanted to say again that I'm really proud we stuck it out this far.  You'll remember I predicted that people who stuck around past week 4 would be the same people who stuck around till the end.  People have started to check in less frequently but it would appear that prediction is holding through and I just wanted to say how happy that makes me.

If you click on my profile link you can see my updated photos for day 1, 28 & 56.  I haven't made stellar progress this last month but I've made some.  You can see why on this chart, which dipicts the great failing of commitment I've had last month.  Regardless, forward is forward and if I get there at 1mph or 100mph, I will get there.

Be great everybody,

Brian

• Brian,

Keep up the good work! Lift heavier, push harder and give it 110%. I did not see many changes in my transformation until the 9th week. Your doing great! Step up the game and go for it!

Best wishes,

Lori

• Hey everyone,

I forgot as usual to post yesterday, so my apologies. Anyway, my week was good. I completed most of my workouts except for one cardio session. Overall, I definitely tell I'm getting stronger since my weights I used as my 6 rep set are now my starting 12 rep weights!!  The only thing that has plagued me yet again is my eating habits. I won't give up on choosing healthier options, but I agree with an earlier post that this challenge is 80% eating correctly. There's no doubt I plan on finishing this challenge, but the next round will be much stricter on eating.

Also, I just thank everyone for their inspirational stories and progress updates each week. It puts a lot in perspective and keeps me in the gym each day, so thank you.

Another week down, many more to go in my journey to a healthier me!!

Good luck next week everyone!

Jonathan  

• Hi Jaimee, Thank you very much for your kind words. The best part about the tranformation is that I regained my health and have never felt better. Body-For-Life has transformed my life in some many ways and I am so grateful.

Now let's all work hard and give it 100%

Regards,

Lori

• Beginning and the end of week 8 measurements:

Weight-207lbs.                                                  Weight-199lbs

Neck-14 1/2"                                                       Neck-13 1/2"

Right Bi-13                                                          Right Bi-12 1/4

Left Bi-13 1/2                                                      Left Bi-12 1/2

Chest-44"                                                           Chest-38"

Waist-43"                                                            Waist-37"

Hips-48"                                                              Hips-42"

Right thi-26 3/4"                                                 Right thi-24 1/2

Left thi-27"                                                           Left thi-24 1/4

Right ca-16 1/2"                                                 Right ca-15 1/4

Left ca-16 1/4"                                                    Left ca-15 1/4

So I have lost 28" and 7 lbs!  Woot Woot!!  Time to lose some more!!  Have a great day!!  Oh and I already did my cardio for the day!!  I still hate it! lol

We will all succeed................together!!

• Happy Monday Everyone! I've been MIA lately from not only here but from my workouts as well. My motivation went on vacation it seems but happily came back this weekend. I spent all last week getting back on track with my eating and managed to do an ok job. Yesterday I finally made it back to the gym and had a great run that unfortunalty left me with a headache I am still fighting today! I have decided to move my 12 week date up (from 1/9/11) to allow me to make up the lost 3 weeks. I am still determined and will check in as much as possible. Great job to everyone who is sticking to it! Even with the small amount I am doing, I am continuing to lose weight. Adding muscle has made such a big difference.

Keep up the good work all!

Nik

• Hello everybody,

For the first time in a while, I'm actually gearing up instead of gearing down.  For these last four weeks I had been losing commitment but rather strangely last night, I just got fed up.  After skipping my upper body workout, I went to bed at 11pm, only to realized I wasn't going to quit.  I got back up and worked out.  Then this morning I was supposed to run but I was tired from the workout the night before and slept in instead.  I can honestly say getting up to shave I was thinking only about getting into the shower and then I thought, you know what, I'm not postponing these workouts for anything....I'm doing it now.

It is the last four weeks.  I know I could coast to moderate success but I want more than that.  I'm putting it out there.....I'm doubling down.  My commitment this four weeks isn't going to match my first four weeks, it's going to rival it.  I'm going to push harder and longer, stick closer to the diet and push for every ounce of success I can get my hands on.  This is the last four weeks......I'm going to own it!

A special thanks to Lori for her comments.  My head is back in the game.

See everybody at the finish line,

Brian