I don’t know how many of you remember the Muscle Media Publication by EAS-BFL, but I have a copy of every issue including the one strictly devoted to Hydration( 2002 Drink guide). I have to say it is one of the best on what Drinks can help you and the Best & Worst Performance Beverages....There are over 175 beverages reviewed and it is amazing how they will effect your weight gain or weight loss....Here are some examples....

Obsession with adequate protein intake seems to be one of the most common concerns among guy’s and gals who work out..Granted, we all know it takes protein to build muscle tissue, but too much of a good thing can create a lot of problems! Like anything , excess protein is stored as fat-that’s right fat, ugly body fat! And prolonged over-consumption of protein may lead to medical problems including dehydration, ketosis (abnormal increase in ketone bodies in the blood) and kidney damage....

Just how much protein should you be eating every day? The average couch potato needs about .36 grams per pound of body weight and an person following an intense resistance and aerobic program 1 gram of protein...equates to ( 250lb man X 1 gram of protein = 250 grams (divided by) 6 meals = 41.66 grams of protein per meal) a (140lb female X 1 gram of protein = 140 grams(divided) by 6 meals = 23.33 grams....since your body can easily handle 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight without problems. This will give you plenty of the biochemical ammunition needed to build a strong, muscular body without adding to the fat stores you so desperately need to get rid of and also, without jeopardizing your health...

Another article witch I will break down is called "Fluids and your Workout." I goes on to say that your body takes any where from a half hour to a full hour to absorb 8 ounces of water from the stomach. Keep in mind if you’re working out in hot-weather or just plain work up a big-time sweat during your workouts...A good habit to get into is to drink at lest 16 ounces of water about two hours before your workout and then another 8 ounces about 30 minutes before...Then, during your actual workout, keep drinking between 3 ounces and 7 ounces about every 10 to 20 minutes..Another thing is use cool water so that it will stimulate the "BAT’ ( a Strong Adipose Tissue) this BAT is highly metabolically active and has the ability to burn a bundle of calories and create its own heat when it is stimulated in this way..It states that cool water can make a significant difference in absorption rates than lukewarm water...It also states that drinks with more than 8% sugar concentration effects the rate of which fluids or absorbed ...therfore slowing down the rate.... 

If you have a copy of this book (Muscle Media spring of 2002)....it has a lot of good information and not only covers Hydration, but many other articles on muscle recovery as well as the effect of using fat burners, carbs, green tea, gatorade, powerade, and many other products...I know this was quite long, but I felt it to be a great tool for us that need it....John