4 Weeks of BFL Meals for Fat Loss! (Men & Women)

• So glad you all are liking the meal plan. I am eating some yamcakes as we speak and am feeling a craving for the lentils tonight. Love warm foods in this cool weather!!!

How are you ladies who are nearing the end of your challenges doing? Any obstacles or hurdles? Do you have professional pics scheduled or are you doing them yourself?

@Orrin- I had to take care of the men too of course!  Glad you checked it out! :)

"If you want something you've never had, you must do things you've never done!"

• Thanks Emily for checking in with us!  I am nearing the end of week 10. I saw some changes in week 9 and not a whole lot in this week.  Wondering how the last 2 weeks will be.  I am at 19 percent bodyfat.  My only obstacle is what to do after the challenge.  I am unsure if I am wanting to do another so soon.  My goal for bodyfat would be around 16-17 percent and be able to maintain that.  What did you do?  Your results were amazing.  Did you take AR and start over or did you do something else?

Laurie

• I made the souper lentils and they were awesome!! I look forward to making some more of your recipes! Thank you!

• LDPower- 19% bf is a very healthy body fat range, but if you feel you'd like to lose more, then that is certainly up to you! To answer your ?....when I finished my challenge, I felt absolutely amazing but still also felt like I could lose a couple more % of body fat. I think I was 20.4% when I finished. Anyhow, I had said I was going to take a week off and do another actual challenge. The day I finished I had a weekend full of goodies in Napa Valley with DH. It was fabulous! I think I did take it easy for a a week or two, and what I noticed was that I was ready to get right back on the healthy train. I still wasn't exactly where I wanted to be (from the rear view mainly). However, what I noticed was that I didn't feel the need to do an official "challenge". By that time, eating every 2-3 hours and doing the workouts was so second nature to me, that it was no longer a "challenge", but rather it really had become my way of life. I was still part of a team of BFL Tracker and we would post our meals, talk about our workouts, and there was accountability, so I didn't feel the need to do a challenge, send in a packet, etc.....I just kept doing BFL....it really became a true lifestyle for me. What happened was that I continued to lose weight and lose fat. Actually, even though I was being less strict that I was during my challenge, I continued to lose fat. I didn't really even realize it, because I never weighed often, but one day I went shopping and the size 0 jeans I tried on were too big in the waist. That is when I hopped on the scale and realized I'd gotten down to 110 lbs. without even knowing it. That is when I realized how much of a metabolic machine I'd turned my body into during my challenge, because my metabolism really had gotten a make-over and I was continuing to lose fat with less effort really. It was a bit insane. It was then that I realized I needed to start eating more. I definitely eat more freely now than I did during my challenge and I've been able to stay at or below my finishing weight and body fat% for more than 2 years now. I'm just doing BFL eating and still doing my HIIT 3 days per week and doing weight training 3 days per week. I've tried different things along the way....ran a 1/2 marathon, tried CrossFit, have tried other fun stuff, but I really just do BFL....I truly do live the lifestyle and stick to the eating and it works to keep it off.

I think if you want to do another challenge, then go for it. You may find that you are at a point to continue with the BFL lifestyle without doing an official challenge and write every little thing down. I don't know where you are mentally and in regards to self control. I would suggest to continue being involved in this community. It will help keep you focused no matter which route you choose to take, and I think if you stick with BFL eating and workouts, that extra couple % will just fall off of you in time just by sticking with the program.

gg41- So glad you liked the lentils. They are such a superfood IMO. Surprisingly kids seem to like that recipe too. It's got a little sweet kick with all the carrots and sweet onions....yum!

• Thanks Emily for your response-  That helps so much to hear how easy it has been for you to maintain this.  That has been my biggest fear so your post has really encouraged me.

Laurie

• Just got this question emailed and thought I'd share the answer since I think others might benefit.

Q: For convenience purposes, is it ok to use pumpkin puree in place of the mashed sweet potato in the yamcakes recipe, which is used in the meal plan above??

A: I don't think that's a problem at all. I've never tried it, but why not? Actually sounds pretty tasty...maybe not as sweet as a yam, but let me know how it goes. I looked up the nutrition facts and they are here...

Pure Pumpkin

You might want to play with it, but using anywhere from 1/2 cup to 1 cup total would be fine. There are 4 g sugar per half cup, but even having a meal with 8 grams of sugar isn't so bad, especially if it's post-workout. I never realized how much fiber is in pure pumpkin either. Awesome! Let us know how they turn out!

• Made the" fake out take out"!! it was great!  my group is just starting week 12!! I am very appreciative of the information you have shared!!

• Awesome gg41! Just had it the other day myself. I love Shirataki noodles! Glad you like it!

• Now, I made the awesome yamcakes-your blog has changed my life!!  

• I made a huge batch of the yamcakes yesterday as well, and both of my kids begged me for one hot off the griddle.  So, we were eating pancakes for lunch....

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"

• Yay! So glad you're digging those yamcakes gg41 and BDMom!  They are ah-may-zing if you ask me :)

Wanted to send a HUGE congrats to BDMom for finishing your challenge with such success! You should be very proud of your transformation. The great part is that you can feel as good as you did the day you finished forever....just keep up with BFL and it'll happen. It's the real deal I tell ya! Hope you got to celebrate in a big way! woo hoo for you!

• Thanks Emily!

I do intend to feel this way forever...no back tracking or side stepping now.  I know what needs to be done.  Thanks for your insight, motivation, website....you are a star.

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"