Oct 4th...the beginning of the rest of my life...you coming?

• Just got off the worst diet of my life...HCG! Horrid!!!  I cannot wait  to make healthy life changes and do something that is not a diet.

I am going to need all the help and support that I can get. If you are starting Oct 4th, I look forward to starting the journey with you! If you have done this a couple of times and know all the hows and whats, please help us new people out.

ALL ARE WELCOME!!!!

I look forward to it all! The good bad pretty and ugly!  I want honesty and a feeling of love and support while I am on here.  Lets face the challenges together! This is a thread of no judging just an increase of hope happiness and love no matter what point of the change we are in!

"if there were no change there would be no butterflies"

Natalie

• Welcome Newlywed...my name is Natalie as well.

I love...."if there was no change there would be no butterflies."  You will feel like a butterfly at the end of your challenge.  BFL is a lifestyle change; HCG is a quick fix.  Glad you found your way here.  You will find so much encouragement and support here; it will quickly become a second home for you.  Best of luck to you on your journey!

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"

• Let's do it!!!

So I will start with you, I just took my book out and will re-read it between today and tomorrow so on monday morning I'll be going thru my first workout and so will you!!!!

Let's share...I'll tell you how it went on monday night....

• I would love to join you on your journey.   I too need group support.  I am truly looking forward to starting on Monday.  I had my "That's it!" moment and am ready to begin.  Let's all stick together and do this.

Diana

• hello to all of you who plan to start this life style change on Monday, 10/4/10, I look forward to joining you guys and I know we will be successful!!

• There is a big (50+) group starting a challenge on October 4 sponsored by DebbieMO. Look for a thread called "DebbieMO's All I Want for Christmas" Group. Feel free to check in there for support.

Best wishes to everyone!

Want it. Plan it. Do it.

• Hi everyone,

I am 61 years old and about 100 lbs overweight.  I've never done weight training and don't even remember the names of all the muscles yet.  Boy, I sound really decrepit.  I have to admit, I look pretty bad, but I am basically in good health, and fairly strong for an old lady.  Just fat and out of shape.  I did not want to do just a regular diet to lose weight because I want to be toned, not just smaller.

I just started BFL today and did the Upper Body Weight Training this morning, and I feel like a complete idiot.  I know I don't have good form and I keep forgetting how the exercises are done.  I started with the lightest dumbells at the gym (5 lbs) and that's where I stuck.  My muscles were quivering like a cat stalking a bird, just before she pounces.  I didn't break into a sweat, but I was sore afterwards.  I am afraid to push too hard at first because I don't want to be so sore that I can't do exercises the next day.  I am drinking the protein drinks for 2 or three meals a day, and taking vitamins and something called glutamine.

It looks like I am a lot older than the rest of you that are starting, but I think I can add to your group.  I am very motivated and excited to do this, no matter how dorky I look in the beginning, or how clutsy I am.  As I succeed, you all can look to me and say, "If Mimi can keep at it, I can too!"

I intend to do this challenge as many times as it takes to get down to a normal size for my 5'4" height.  Actually, I am doing this just as much or more for the emotional and mental benefits:  feeling good about myself and not being so lethargic and couch-potatoey.

Mimi

P.S. "Mimi" has always been my knickname as a child, but when I moved to Texas I found out it means "Grandma", so it fits even better now.

• So Natalie...I am all geared up...I'ma hit the gym early in the morning...and I'll tell you tomorrow how it went...Let me know how you are doing. I'll do the upper body tomorrow morning...and I'll do a little swimming too...I surf swimming has to be a part of this for me. Even though I just came bvack into the country 3 months ago...I was on an eight months vacation and lost 50 lbs. in that time...just so happens that I found 30 of those 50 back...so this is definetly something I hav eto part take in. Well tha's my story...Let me know how you're doing!!!

• Best wishes to all of you starting today.  Whether anyone is starting today or not, you will get plenty of support from most of us active folks on this site.  Ask as many questions as you need to keep going.  No questions is a dumb question. :-)

Love you some you...PERSEVERE!

• Mimi - Age is just a number.  You can do this.  Starting at 5lbs is ok, that's where I started. :-)  If you are at a gym, I suggest you see about getting a trainer to show you how to lift properly.  Form is important for getting the best results and for not injuring yourself.  Be aware that if you tell them you are doing BFL, you may get some sort of feedback good or bad.  I'm not sure why (unless they really don't know what it's about) but just be aware of that.

Love you some you...PERSEVERE!

• OK, I'm in-starting today.  Sick and tired of being sick and tired...today is the day and I have to feel better and lose a few to fit into my winter clothes since cool weather is quickly approaching.  I would like to lose 25 pounds and I don't care how long it takes as long as I do it right and make changes to my body other than weight loss.  Getting the pantry in order and going to work out this afternoon at the church gym.

Ramona

• Welcome aboard Mimi.  You are never to old to start.  Im 55 and my girlfriend is __ and my other gym partner is 63.  We are all starting Oct. 4, 2010.  I know my way around gym.  Training partner has never been in a gym in 63 years, but we will get through this.  Wishing you best of luck!

• Sorry to be MIA over the weekend but I am back and an official BFL-er!! This may sound ridiculous but I can already feel my body functioning better. My husband and I took our before photos last night and I am stoked to see my body change.  

I am slo very excited to have such an amazing support group!  I can hardly wait to get feedback from you all and to hear how you are doing.  

-Natalie

• I am also wondering if anyone knows if it is ok to start the first day with Cardio and do UPWO tomorrow?

• Good luck to everyone starting today............stick with it and you won't regret it.