Starting Oct 4th 2010

• Getting ready to start with my wife. We both had lap-bad surgery, but still can't get past certain weight and having issues with flabby skin, muscle loss etc... Read the book Body for life again this week, and excite about the challege and life change. Will be putting together a home gym this weekend, bench and some dumbbells. Any ideas on what I need to get ready to prepare before I start on Monday? Does home made Hummus have any nutrition that I need? This is something we have come to love because it goes down easy and provides energy. How much hummus can we eat per meal?

Thanks,

Monty

• Hi MrRogers!!  Hummus would actually be counted as a carb portion even though it does contain protein also you make sure that it's your fat portion for the day if you include olive oil or tahini in your hummus.  

I'm not sure of the ratio per serving, but if I had to guess I would say it's no more than just a couple of tablespoons.  

You want your meals to be equal portions of carbs fist size and protein palm less fingers and the thickness of a deck of cards.

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory

• Best of luck to you both on your journey!

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"

• Good luck to you and your wife!

• There is a big group (50+) of people starting a challenge sponsored by DebbieMO. There is a thread called "DebbieMO's All I want for Christmas Challenge. You are welcome to join us for support.

Want it. Plan it. Do it.

• Sponsored by...that made me smile, Sara!! I'm hoping we have a BUNCH of people there for the pic on Sunday!! I'm up to 56 now I think...one of the St. Joseph parents asked me about it last night at the vball game! =)

DebMO :0)           Blessed to be a Blessing...

• Will we started today 5 am.......

• Day 3 of the 12 week weight training/jogging challenge, very sore and fighting hydration, lost 2 pounds so far.

• Day 4 feeling better energy wise but so sore...Awe... Lost another pound still struggling getting enough water down....Working out with all dumbbells. Need more ideas for the lower body workout. Wife has bad knees so lunges are out.

• Will week 2 and already having issues, wife's knee is really hurting her, and the alarms didn't go off this am so we will have to do the upper body at 6:30pm when I get off work. Must be gaining muscle weight not losing now but not gaining either.

• mrogers102:   Your wife should probably look into getting a knee brace for extra support during cardio and weight training.  

I am just starting week 2 as well and have not lost any weight.  My muscles seem to retain a lot of water when I weight train so I figure that is why I'm not seeing any weight loss on the scale.  I think the real fat loss will be noticeable by week 6 or 7.

• Week 3 Missed two workouts this week been sick with stomack flu. Lost 9 pounds, haven't been able to eat solid for since Sunday. Hope to be working out in the morning.

• okay couldn't get up early to workout will push through it when I get home.....

• OKay my wife wants to know if anyone drinks beer on the BFL challenge? Could one or two a week hurt us? If we drink we don't do light beers I like the Imperial Stout Beers....

• There is a free day - beer isn't the healthiest option, but if having one or two on your free day prevents you from going out of your mind and losing heart for the challenge, it's not going to kill you!!!