Hello everyone, BFL first day Sept 16th 2010

• I am preparing to begin my new life under the Body for Life principles beginning tomorrow, Sept 16th 2010. I have tried so very many diets and other plans over the past years attempting to find any kind of success before being turned to Body for Life. After a few weeks of consideration and a lot of encouragement from my wife I have decided to jump in. I've had the video with Bill's brother's photo on the cover for years now and have been staring at it for years but never had the courage to go through with it. I wish to begin tomorrow and have joined the community to hopefully share my improvement and goals along with others. After reading just a few posts it seems I have in the minority (age-wise).

I am currently 25, 5'6 and 225 lbs which is basically nasty obese. My target goal is to hit a healthy 150/160 and maintain. The challenge will be following the plan properly and not giving to basically laziness. I work overnight so the schedule is modified a bit, specially with the complication of weekends where I swap for just 2 days onto normal life so I can spend time with my family.

So, I am jumping in and hope to talk to you all soon.

• Messi,

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on making the decision to change your life with BFL!!!

BFL works! ! Stick with the plan, by the book, for all 12 weeks and you will see amazing results.

This forum is a great place to visit often. There are so many great people here with lots of experience and helpful advice. Don't be a stranger.

Have a great Day 1 tomorrow! You can do this!!!

Orrin  

• Messi,

Good for you for starting this journey! This forum is a great group of people. I've been lurking in here for a couple of weeks and posting since I started on monday :) They give great advice and wonderful input. It's also really nice just to have the chance to hat about what you are doing with people that suport you 100%. I totally agree with Orrin, If you don't already have it, get the book too.  It comes fairly cheap on amazon if you're frugal like I am. It's a great and easy read. Even my husband, who hates reading, sat down with it.

Hope your first day is fantastic!

• Messi, you aren't alone.  I am 26 years old, 5"4, and 255 so believe me when I say I know how you feel.  I started yesterday, but I would love to be accountability partners if you like, just let me know.  You can do this, WE can do this.  The program works if you work the program.  I've known a lot of people to complete the program, all various sizes, ages, races and they all got results.  

• Hello CWords, yes it'd be nice to keep in touch with someone around same age and checking in. If you wish to keep in contact, my email is s1ds@msn.com. Good luck on your goals and yes I believe we can do this!

• Great.  I am going to send you an email right now.  My email address has my maiden name on there but I will write my name on here in the subject line so you know its me.  Can you write me and let me know if you get my email within 5 minutes or so?

• Make sure to check out BFL Tracker, that site is filled with pictures of people who have completed the program in all age groups.

• Where is the tracker?

• Check out my profile.  I started at 300#.  It took multiple challenges but it's certainly been worth every single one to overcome my food issue and learn to live a very fit and healthy life!

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory

• Hello everyone. I am a little over a week into my diet / exercise. I'm about 10 lbs down according to scale, which makes me believe I'm not getting enough water. I did stray for 1 day and decided to skip my free day for the week to make up for my mistake. I've definately improved in the running department, as I can now continously jog at a brisk pace for about 20 mins, while on day 1 I had to break after every 6 to 7 mins. Well just giving a little update.

• Thanks for the update. It is great to hear you are already having progress. You have started and it takes more energy to start a motion than to keep it going so KEEP GOING! You are on your way to a new and better you, inside and out. Great work!

Orrin

• Good luck! I've started on 9/20, so we'll be seeing each other on the forum. Stay strong! Kat

• Week 2 is in the books. Total weight loss is stagnant at 10 lbs however, the transformation (specifically in the belly and sides) are very obvious already. I am taking pics every 7 days, and I can see the differences in the photos. It's definately helping me feel confident about the change in the future. The shirts are beginning to feel a bit looser, belts need that 1 extra notch and walking/breathing/running/talking has become much much easier. I sleep better, and trust me working overnights, being able to sleep for a constant 6-8 hours is a godsend.

The eating change has almost become easy now as I found out in my off day that, greasy food tends to give me a really bad headache, stomach pains and terrible terrible guilt. I'm finding it easier to pass on foods that I'd normally binge on as they just don't appear appetizing anymore. YAY!

It's also been extremely encouraging to have people I see only once every few days come up and compliment the changes they are seeing. I've also kept up with a lot of the threads and just reading about the transformations have been very encouraging.

But the BEST BEST BEST part about this so far has been the utter and complete disappearance of back pain.

• reading about your transformation already on wk 2 is encouraging! i'm in my first wk so i look forward to that!!!