DebbieMO's "Step it Up for Spring" Group

• Based on advice I received in another thread, I lowered my weights on chest press and bicep curl so that I did not burn out before levels 9 & 10. I was easily able to finish each exercise. Since the weights were lighter, I made sure to focus on form and although I did not feel it at the gym, the burn is there now. I am finding it difficult to determine what is a 10 on weight days. Cardio days, not so hard.

Speaking of burn, it's still there from lower body workout Wednesday as well.

Want it. Plan it. Do it.

• Hope you all had a great weekend!! Kathy, hope your hand is better!!

So are you all adjusting your free day to Thursday this week? I am! =)

speaking of food...I would like to do the "BFL Cooking Party" on Sunday (28th) around 1sh...there is a choir concert at Trinity at 3 and didn't know if anyone would want to go to that...or we could go about 2...

Will send a msg out through FastDirect today after I get in touch with Jan.

I looked at our beginning pics this weekend...you all are doing GREAT!!!! Woop! So excited for Christmas to get here in more ways than one!! Keep on Keepin' On, Ladies!! So Proud of YOU!!! =)

DebMO :0)           Blessed to be a Blessing...

• Hi Debbie, don't think I will be able to make the cooking party as my sister and her family will be stopping in Jeff City on their way home to Kansas City. My nephew plays soccer for NYU and scored a goal in the NCAA tournament! He was also named to the UAA all-conference second team. I'm very proud of him, can you tell?

Want it. Plan it. Do it.

• My hand is doing much better. Swelling is gone and I am able to use it. I will try (DO) the ubwo on Wednesday.

I will not be able to make it to the cooking party either. We will be coming home from Illinois on Sunday.

Hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving!!!

• Woo-hoo! Finally - 2.26 miles and 201 calories on the treadmill this morning.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Want it. Plan it. Do it.

• Sara-Way to go on the distance with the treadmill!! That is awesome!!

Kathy-Glad the hand is better!!

Sorry I didn't send this out on FastDirect, but we won't be meeting on Sunday...too many people can't be there...Would love to have an after Challenge party/get together of some sorts! That last week of December sometime...

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!! We all have so many things to be grateful for!!! =)

• Week 8 stats:

• Loss of 5.4 pounds and 5.5 inches
    • Decrease in fat mass 6.9 pounds
    • Increase in lean mass 1.5 pounds

Want it. Plan it. Do it.

• Debbie, hope your back is better this morning. Hit 8.0mph this a.m. for high point . . . and determined that the real reason for not eating before cardio is so that we do not throw up on the nice YMCA machines.

Want it. Plan it. Do it.

• Nine weeks down! We are 75% done. This morning I did cardio on the elliptical for a change of pace. While the machine says I burned more calories, I was not nearly as tired as after a treadmill session. Still it's nice not to do the same thing every time. I tried to keep the same pace but increase the resistance level, except for level 10 I set the resistance to 20 and it was like slogging through quicksand. I can definitely feel it in my quads and hamstrings this evening. Also I did not have to add an extra minute at level 6 to be able to get to level 10.

Debbie, how's the back? I hope you are back to healthy.

Want it. Plan it. Do it.

• Sara-My back is much better, was given permission to start walking...I walked a 5K on the treadmill yesterday. Feels great to get back into exercise after being out for almost 2 weeks!!

3 Weeks left, ladies!! Looking forward to getting you all together after Christmas for our Group after shot!! Keep up the great work!! =)

• Did cardio on the elliptical again today. Upped the resistance, but at the time I felt like I had not worked hard enough. Heart rate was up there, but it did not feel as hard as the treadmill. Tonight though, my quads, hamstrings, gluts, calves, everything are just screaming. I'm actually glad tomorrow is UBWO.

Want it. Plan it. Do it.

• Sara-Glad those muscles are Screaming at ya!! That's what like to hear!  What about the rest of you??

2 1/2 weeks to go...Are you going to get what you want for Christmas??

Push it ladies...the BEST is yet to come!!! YeeHaw!!! =)

• Goal jeans fit for a Christmas party this evening. Not even snug! Woo hoo!

Want it. Plan it. Do it.

• OK . . . week 11. After a couple of weeks on the elliptical I am going back to the treadmill tomorrow and kicking it up a notch for the rest of the challenge. Hope everyone is doing well; been kinda quiet here.

Want it. Plan it. Do it.

• Saralynn - I just wanted to peek in and say that I have been kinda watching this group (silent supporter here for my pal MO) and YOU have been such a motivator the whole way through. You are an inspiration both by your physical transformation and your inner YOU transformation.

Congratulations for doing this all the way. Im happy for you. :) Next time I visit MO, I will have to see you in those teeny clothes!