DebbieMO's "Step it Up for Spring" Group

• I just want to know . . . WHERE ARE THOSE ENDORPHINS???

Want it. Plan it. Do it.

• Welcome back, Debbie.

Want it. Plan it. Do it.

• So, I stepped up my cardio workout this morning. I decided there is no point in waking up in the wee hours of the morning to go to the gym if I don't work as hard as I can.

In general I am not a huge sweater, but this morning I sure was. I intended to take a shower right when I got home, but events conspired to keep me from it until late afternoon. I bet even the plumber was grossed out by my, shall we say, aroma.

Once cleaned up and feeling much better, I grabbed a pair of jeans out of the dresser. I was horrified to find that I could barely get them on and zipped - until I realized that it was a pair that I had intended to return because they were the wrong size, but couldn't because the tags were taken off.

On the bright side, I took off the jeans and put on my jammies and am now verrrry comfy. And I have a pair of test jeans. And you can all laugh at me for being a doof-head.

Enjoy your evening.

Want it. Plan it. Do it.

• Got my cardio in today and have done well with my eating.  I struggled with my lower body workout yesterday.  :0(  I had planned to do lunges for my hamstrings and about half way through it HURT!!  I'm not talking a good burn I'm talking it HURT!!  I am thinking maybe I started out with too much weight my first week and my muscles were still strained??  Thoughts anyone??  I changed the exercise I was doing and completed my workout.  But I was a little baffeled.  Hope everyone is having a good day

Saralynn - I LOVE your jeans story!!  I tried on a pair of my 13 year old daughter's jeans and they almost buttoned.  She was like "Mom!  Those are really close to fitting!!"  Those are my first goal jeans.  :)   I needed a pick me up today.  Thank you for your good humor!!  I wish I could know you in person.  You seem like a hoot!!  ;0P

• Betty - She is a hoot, though I thought her story was more scary than funny.  It made me realize that my source of free clothes may be drying up soon...  

Saralynn aka Mom- if those jeans don't fit, I would be happy to take them off your hands...

• Too bad, so sad, hfh. My normal jeans are no longer snug so goal jeans here we come!

Betty, the trainers at my gym always say that discomfort is fine, but pain is not. It sounds like you did the right thing by changing the exercise. Try slightly lower weights next time. Remember we are still early in the process and some trial-and-error will be necessary.

Have a great day, everyone!

Want it. Plan it. Do it.

• Woo hoo. Two weeks of cardio and weights down. Only ten to go! Have you noticed that cardio is harder the day after LBWO as opposed to UBWO?

I think I have found a perfect bread. Pepperidge Farm has a very thin sliced whole wheat bread with 20g carbs per three slices and no high fructose corn syrup. Now to find a grocery store that carries it.

Have a great weekend.

Want it. Plan it. Do it.

• Sara,

Have you tried the Arnold's Sandwich Thins? I use those; get them at any grocery store. 100 calories and 20g carbs, not sure on the sugars, but it is what I use... about $2.50 for 8 of them.

Keep working hard!!

Where's the rest of our group!! Get on here folks!! =)

DebMO :0)           Blessed to be a Blessing...

• Haven't heard from anyone lately...sure hope everyone is doing well...I know where some of you live! hehe!! Honor your self promises!! =)

• I've been really busy lately. Sticking to the plan though  =)   Starting to feel some of the changes. Day 17, I noticed my belly didn't seem to stick out as far  & pants weren't so tight.  ;~)  

I am having trouble finding new things to eat. Getting tired of chicken. My nights have been busy  and chicken is a quick and easy fix.

On a brighter note, my husband has been getting up with me some  mornings and hitting the eliptical. Baby steps!!!

• Kathy,

What about fish or turkey. I take a pound of the lean turkey (Honeysuckle White brand), brown it off, add a can of black beans and about a cup of salsa. It makes about 3 servings.

I'm planning on having a BFL cooking night where we all bring our favorite dishes and recipes then portion them out so everyone has at least a week's worth of meals...Will probably be after the state volleyball tournament though... =)

Good for Tony!! =)

Keep up the great work!!

• I tried the turkey recipe you posted above. It was really good and very easy to make. Does the salsa count as a vegetable? I  am looking forward to trying new recipes.

Alex showed me a tabata (spelling?) tonight. After LBWO yesterday, I didn't even attempt one.

Thanks for all of your help, it is greatly appreciated!

Alex says "Hi"

• Week FOUR!! At the end of this week we are already done with a third of the challenge.

Fixed a grand dinner this evening . . . marinated chicken (btw I love my George Foreman grill), Spanish rice and green beans and just had a pina colada protein smoothie for my final meal. I missed meal four today due to scheduling difficulties. That's not usually one I have trouble with, but hfh and I were cleaning up after her fundraiser rummage sale and mealtime just got away from us. Back to it tomorrow.

Want it. Plan it. Do it.

• Morning Sara and Kathy...

Hope you all are lurking anyways! Hope you all are doing well! Once volleyball season is over, I want to set up another meet up to see how things are going...so watch your fastdirect accts!

Have an AWESOME day!! =)

• I'm in!  If you have another meeting I will be there.  Last week had some low energy problems, but I pushed through.  This week a different story, feel great and I completed a great LBWO, went up in all my weights for sure.  I know the scale isn't what I should be watching, but I did weigh myself Monday, weight went up a couple of pounds.  So  a little disappointed.  But I feel stronger and my cloths feel different.  So we will see.

I hope everyone is doing great.  Keep up the good work.

Velvet