DebbieMO's "Step it Up for Spring" Group

• I am still really sore from yesterdays squats!  Got up at 5:30 and hit the treadmill this morning. It went pretty well. I was very glad to be done though.

Have a safe trip DebbieMO!

• I am very sore today!!  Hurts to straighten my arms and hurts to bend my legs...but no pain, no gain...right!!??  :0)  Getting ready to do my HIT on the elyptical as soon as I get off work.  Sure hope it works out some of the soreness in my quads!!  Hope everyone is having a great day!!

• Kathy and Betty, embrace that soreness. It's a reminder of how you are improving your life!

Upper body today, still a bit sore from Monday, but wen pretty well.

Have a great day!

• Argh. I burnt my omelet this morning. Had to throw it out and make a shake instead. UBWO was a little more challenging than Monday's - partly because I forgot to take my notes along Monday and did not remember quite correctly how to do it. I think I'm on track now though.

I have some questions that I am going to post separately to get the attention of some of the veterans on the board.

Nearly one week down - keep up the good work.

Want it. Plan it. Do it.

• I just read in another thread that statistics show that only 5% of people who start a BFL challenge finish out the twelve weeks. Let's not let that happen to our group!

Almost one week down. Keep up the good work - tomorrow is a free day!

BTW, for those of you who are able to log into FastDirect, there is an updated BFL food list that you can print and post on your fridge in the Links section.

Want it. Plan it. Do it.

• Sara,

That's exactly true...just went to a seminar where Porter Freeman spoke. He said one of the years they sent out 700,000 entry packets and they received about 5% completed packets. So the "team" started calling people up who didn't complete the challenge and they had excuse after excuse after excuse...

So TEAM, you all will be greater than that 5%, right?? Don't let life happen to you, stick to your goals and push through!!

You ALL can do this! Keep working hard!

Having a great time in Nashville at the BFL gathering...might post a pic on here later! =)

DebMO :0)           Blessed to be a Blessing...

• I  STARTED a challenge Early January, but went against what the people who knew better told me and got caught up with my weight not changing and gave up by mid March. ANYWAY...I've been looking for a new focus and BFL is a great thing to fix ALOT of what ails me...mind and body. So, On Tuesday I found myself mysteriouly ready, very out of the blue.  Due to the fact I didnt "plan" to be doing BFL...meals have been less than perfect but getting there...one stop at the grocery store at a time! There are 12 weeks between Thanksgiving and  2011...so I'm in !

• I can understand why a lot of people quit.  I made the mistake of getting on my scale this morning and I had GAINED weight!!  I was really frustrated!!  BUT I ran my 5k at Race for the Cure this morning for my cardio workout.  I did it with the HIT pattern and finished 3.2 miles in 35 minutes.  There were some serious hills and my quads are still screaming from my LBWO a few days ago!!  Glad tomorrow is a rest day or I may not be able to walk tomorrow!!  :0p  I did really well this week, trying not to think about my weight gain....hoping it's just water weight.  I planned my next week's worth of food and bought my groceries today.  I am REALLY proud of my family!!  They are liking to healthy food and are being very supportive!!  One week down 11 to go!!  Hope everyone is having a fantabulous weekend!!

• STAY away from the scales! They are big LIARS when it comes to BFL success

• AND CONGRATS on the 5k BETTY!

• Sara

Thanks for posting the food list for us.  There is one thing I know for sure ibprofen is my best friend..  Leg days kill me.  The second day is the worst.  At the same time I love feeling sore, I know I worked the muscle to exhaustion.  

I'm staying on track with the meals, but wonder sometimes if I'm eating enough.  My energy level gets low at times.  

Good Luck everyone, stay focused.

• Hi All

Hope everyone is pushing ahead and staying focused.

Just a question - I use the gym at my work and every now and again I have a day off during the week.

When i do have a day off can I change the order in which I train so that I do two weight days in a row and two cardio days in a row.

Also I would really appreciate any meals ideas people have especially for meals during the day.

I'm finding myself getting bored and it's making harder to eat right.

Thanks

Anthony

• Anthony, I suggest that you post your question in the "Gym" forum to get responses from veterans on the board. My overall impression of the BFL is that it is carefully put together for maximum benefits, but sometimes we gotta do what we gotta do. There are lots of suggestions for various exercises in the book so you don't necessarily have to go to the gym, especially for cardio days.

I hope everyone enjoyed their day off Sunday. Hanna brought me leftovers from a Vietnamese restaurant that she visited in St. Louis over the weekend.

It was tough at the gym this morning (partially because it was extra busy due to the Columbus Day holiday). Last week I thought I would be able to bump up my weights for lower body today, but I found that was not the case quite yet.

Have a great week!

Want it. Plan it. Do it.

• Hey everyone.

Hope the start of week two is continuing to challenge and make us all stronger fitter and healthier.

Kind of missed not training on my day off. Haha! Need to increase my weights on LBWOs. Loving my early morning card. Starting a little slow but definitely hitting the 10s!

We will be part of the 5% who succeed if we continue to support each other!

• Good morning ALL,

Back from Nashville...tired as all get out, but it was so worth the experience meeting all the wonderful people and hearing about other's successes.

Anthony, make the program work for YOU; just because it says on the chart that Thursday might be a cardio day, doesn't mean it has to be that way. Just make sure you PLAN!

VAM =) make sure you are drinking your water...maybe post your meals and I can see if you are getting enough food. Remember your protein intake should be about 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight for the day...Good rule of thumb though that I tell people is 20g protein, 20g carbs...

Keep Working hard, folks...this WILL pay off for you, if YOU do the work!!! =)

DebMO :0)           Blessed to be a Blessing...