DebbieMO's "Step it Up for Spring" Group

• Day one! This morning went pretty well. Popped out of bed at 5 and did the workout. I did not get sweaty like I thought I should. I am sore, especially through the shoulders and upper back. I may have used to light of weights. (trial and error) Plus, somebody kind of scared me that I wouldn't be able to raise my arms today.....(who was that? )..........Now to the food...... I have had a very good eating day. I have been eating every 2-3 hours and feel satisfied. I craved something sweet when I got home so I put some crystal light in water and that helped. Also, tonight I'm going to try chocolate protein pudding as my last meal. That should take care of the chocolate craving.

If anyone has helpful hints or favorite meals that they would like to share, that would be great. I am up for trying something new. I had cottage cheese for the first time. It is edible, but tastes much better mixed with flavored yogurt. I did what DebbieMO told me to do, put the cottage cheese and the yogurt in the Magic Bullet. It was really good!   Just 83 more days to go ;~)  Woohoo!!!

• First day down!  Didn’t go to badly considering my planning consisted of waking up this morning and asking mom, “so what are we supposed to be doing exactly?”  I am working on getting the meals and exercising to fit into my schedule around working/support raising for Viet Nam.  I managed today and soon I will be able to do everything without having to think about it.  As a plus, I discovered there are two very attractive young men who work in the weight room at Knowles YMCA.  A bit of extra motivation for the exercising side of this challenge ;)

• You can do this....all the best!!

fit4life "The dream must be bigger than the pain"

• Up and at 'em people!! Hopefully you can barely raise your arms this morning! If that's the case, you did your body good!! It's a good pain, right?!?  Don't worry it's usually like this the first week then the soreness subsides until you change up your routine/lifts.

Cardio today...HIIT those "10's"!! Have a blessed day! =)

DebMO :0)           Blessed to be a Blessing...

• hfh484,

haha, the last time I had eye candy in the gym I fell off the treadmill and left 1/2 inch of skin on the belt !

• I did not realize how out of shape I actually am. Giving thanks that it was only 20 minutes of torture!

I tried the protein pudding last night and it was pretty good.

I tried the protein pancakes this morning....not so good. If you think you would enjoy eating a sponge, then the protein pancakes are for you!

• I saw a couple of AIWFC participants at the gym this morning - good job! I saved my treadmill workout on a USB fob, so hopefully I won't have to keep manually pushing the speed-up/slow down buttons next time.

My triceps are letting me know they are there every time I move my arms today, but nothing else is too bad, except for shin splints this afternoon. Time for a new pair of shoes.

I tried the protein pudding last night as well, but I did not like it much. I made French toast for the whole family this morning. It's not any different than I usually make it except for throwing out the egg yolks. I think what bothers me most is having to keep eating even when I feel full in order to get in the prescribed number of grams of proteins and carbs. That doesn't seem right, somehow.

Want it. Plan it. Do it.

• Feels good to be back on the program!  Scale is already down 2 pounds from yesterday.  (143.8 - even lower than my ending weight from C1 two weeks ago before my very undisciplined active rest period.)  I sent in my challenge entry packet from my 1st challenge today.  Yes, I am a procrastinator and yes today was the absolute last day to send it in.  What can I say?  I'm motivated by deadlines.  That's one of the reasons this challenge works for me!

HighPoint

Patience, persistence, and hard work pay off.

• HighPoint - congrats on the loss!!  That is exciting.  :0)

Today was a difficult day emotionally for me.  We got some very difficult news regarding my 15 year old daughters health.  It was a very emotional morning.  BUT on the bright side, I stayed in control of my food choice throughout the day.  Last week I would have had a comfort food day on a day like today.  I was able to get in all of my water and had what I consider a very successful cardio workout.  I chose runing for my interval training on the treadmill.  I was very excited when I realized I had run 2 miles in 20 minutes!!  But I think perhaps I gubered...should I have started at a level 5 and built up to say a 7 and then gone back down or should I have just steadily increased my in tensity (which is what I did) until I reach a 10 and maintain it for a minute???

Woke up this morning thinking my upper body felt pretty good.  Arms have gotten much more sore througout the day.  I actually said ouch out loud when I lefted my water bottle to my mouth!!  :0p  Pain is progress I suppose!!

Hope everyone had a great day 2!!

• mtnhigh.....Great transformation!! That is so encouraging for those of us over 50. Keep up the great effort!!

fit4life "The dream must be bigger than the pain"

• Praying for your daughter, Betty.

Want it. Plan it. Do it.

• Hi

Hope BFL is treating you well so far. I too started the challenge on 4th October down here in Melbourne Australia. I'm glad I started and am looking forward to it. I'm sure there will be some tough times ahead but I think we can all support each other.

I found day 1 upper body a challenge, and I'm still sore from it! I was pleased with my effort for cardio on day 2 as I managed to get out of bed early for a 6am gym session (usually I love my snooze button!). Just did lower body and next lower body I need to push more.

I'm sticking to the eating plan quite well so far.

Good luck every one. Let's do it!

James

• Hi James!  Glad you are jumping on board too!  I found the upper body workout a challenge as well.   My arms scream a little every time I straighten them out today!  ;0)  But it is a good kind of pain.  Progress in motion...right??  I was suprised at how weak my arms are!!  Hope you are having a great day!!

• Hope all is going well for you all! Headed out of town...but will be lurking! Looking forward to hearing about your successful week!! =)

DebMO :0)           Blessed to be a Blessing...

• Thanks for the welcome. I enjoyed my day 4 cardio. Went for a run at 6am. Usually I hate running, but I was positive as I thought about my BFL goals.

Hopefully you are all keeping positive.

Love to hear your progress everybody

James