Starting Challenge September 13th - anyone else?

• 48 year old male on blood pressure meds, cholesterol meds, 5'6 and 195.  I just had my body fat checked and it was approximately 26% (measured in water).  My goal is to get off the meds if possible and loose that fat. Any words of wisdom is always appreciated!  

Question for those who have been there already....

I have had problems in the past when trying to increase weights - With the B4L mefthod - how have others done it successfully and when during your 12 weeks?

Thanks!

James

• Hi James, I'm starting 9/13 also, I'm 53 and have played around with BFL for over a year but never completed a challenge.  I'm on blood pressure meds also but my docs tell me that losing weight won't help me as I have essential hypertension but definitely want to get my body fat down also.  I have about 25 pounds to lose.  I have been able to increase my weights at the gym, though I started out very low.  I currently am up to 25 pound dumbells for chest press and when I started a year ago, no way could I do that. Anyways, good luck to us both, I really hope I can do it this time!!

• Hi James and Marilyn, I am also starting tomorrow. Very excited. I am 48 and need to loose about 35 lbs. as well as some bad eating habits. Looking forward to some needed changes! Good luck!!! :) joy

• Hey guys just hit 42 and have been following blf for the past 10 years on and off.  I have always had chest pain and have been using metoprolol for two years. Could we still join the challenge being that that it said start no later than September 3 I believe?  My goals are to get off meds, bring down my cholesterol, and enjoy my new grand kid arriving in two weeks. Also smoking and drinking is an issue. This is going to be my biggest challenge ever.

• HI James,

I am 30 years old, a mom and a military wife.  With the stress of moving every few years, having a 10.3 lb baby (5 years ago), and just every day life, I have lots to loose.  I don't have friends where I live so it is going to be hard to complete this challenge, but I am determined.  I need to get active for my sons sake, so he doesn't get traped in the same weight "yo-yo" life I am in.  So I guess this forum is going to be my support group.

Good luck to you.... I know I am going to need lots!!!  -----> Starting September 13, 2010 6 a.m.

Stacey

Stacey

Military Wife and Mother

• I've been putting off the challenge for a couple of weeks now. But tomorrow is THE day. I have been through once before a few years back. I still do the workouts but in the summer I don't do HIIT because I ride my bike a lot.

My problem is the healthy eating protion of the program. I'm good during the day but dinner meal is always too large.

I'm 44 and want to drop 25 pounds and get my bodyfat into single digits. I know it won't be easy but that is what I want.

• SEPT 3 IS THE LATEST START DATE FOR THE LAST ROUND OF 2010, BUT YOU CAN START ANYTIME IF YOU ARE NOT ENTERING THE CONTEST. YOU MIGHT WANT TO CHECK ROUND DATES FOR 2011. OR USE SEPT. 3 AS YOUR START DATE AND JUST DO YOUR BEST FOR THE NEXT 72 DAYS.

• Hi,

Im Joyce and I started on September 3. I am a 36 year old mom of 4 children. I have about 70 pounds to lose. I had my body fat done and it 41 percent UGH!!!....

• Hi

Im 32 years mother of two.  Started just to day.  I am going to lose 33 punds.   Good luck everybody;)

• I'm also starting today.  5'10" 185 lb male, 30 years old.  I really want to lose 20 lbs and tone up.  I haven't finished reading the book yet so if anyone has any tips on what to do at the gym today on the first day, I'd appreciate it.  

• Started today too! It's a good start to 2011~

• Hi, I started my 3rd challenge today as well.  Very excited, had a good day, but did not get all my snacks in as work was insane, still did okay, but went too long without a meal.  

Stacey, I am also a military wife and Mom, I have successfully completed two challenges.  One during my husbands deployment.  

You can see my results on transformation.com.  (JillC)  I had some issues with the pics from C2 so the end results never got posted.  Had surgery this summer and was banned from working out for 2 months so now am more flab than fab, but I know BFL works, you just have to stick with it!

My new motto in life is Do it once and do it right!  I apply that to everything, especially my workouts.  

I know we all can do it if we hang together!

• How did everyone do today?

I had a great day. Almost perfect diet and three level 10 efforts in the gym.

• I am the DIsease Manager for my clinic, and I teach the concepts of BFL for nutrition to my Diabetics and High Cholesterol Patients. They utilize the foods list (I have modified it to tell them exactly WHAT brands to eat to stay in the lean meats, and the lower carb choices. I will tell you that a great number of my patients have a GREAT success in lowering their Cholesterol levels back to TOTALLY NORMAL after only 2 months of  the program (not doing the workouts... just following the outline for eating from the foods list and eating every 3 hours). One gentleman had B/P out the roof and cholesterols levels, too. Now, BOTH are totally normal!  :O))

• Hi All,

I am just starting today, september 13th as well.  It's too bad that it's too late to be in the official challenge, but not putting it off any longer!!

I did BFL once in the past - in 2 mos dropped about 23 lbs, but I did not finish (scared of success??!!!)

Like so many of you, I've been thinking of starting and "it's never the right time" well, IT'S TIME!!!

I'm 54, i need to lose about 25-30, the actual weight is not important, but the size. I'm currently a 16. I have a great job, but long hours and it's sedentary. I will have to cut out the wine, as well, 'cept on free day!

Looking forward to having company if I can join you all!

Sawadee