September 13 Start Date Anyone?

• I am sorry you are so sick, Peeps - that is no fun!  I am sure you haven't set yourself back a week.  Like someone else said, diet is 80% of it (or at least I have heard the same thing!).  That is what I am going to tell myself the week I have my wisdom teeth removed - since I can't exercise that I have to be super strict with my eating.  

Highbeams - your post totally made me want buttered popcorn!

How is everyone's week 6 going?  Mine is going pretty well.  I have gotten 3 work-outs in so far (skipped Sun due to jet lag).  I am hoping to get in tomorrow and Friday's and if so, I will be happy.  It seems that most weeks I can only get in 5 anyway :\  for one reason or another, but I figured 5 is much better than I was doing before (which was 2 if I was lucky!).   Anyway, haven't gotten on the scale since week 3 - am thinking of weighing on Fri after LB.   We'll see - I am nervous!   I feel like I have toned up some, but it's hard to tell.    Eating is going pretty well - it's weird though because a lot of days I am starving after dinner and try to hold out until my snack.   Most of the time during the day I am fine and just starting to get that small twinge of being hungry between my morning and afternoon meals, but come dinner time and after I feel ravenous!  BTW, I created a BFL hummus recipe tonight and it was sooo good!  If any of you are hummus eaters, let me know and I will post it!  It's a much higher protein and smoother textured version of traditional hummus.  It was great with one of the toufayan wraps (does anyone else eat those?  I am addicted - I eat at least one everyday - today I had them with 3 different meals **blushes**).  

Anyway, hope you all have a good evening!

• well Happy Thursday all!

I am happy to report that I am finally feeling better.  Thanks for all your well wishes, they are working!!! I still have a bit of a head cold but the 'flu-like' symptoms are gone.  I made it to spin class this morning which makes me feel so much better about myself.  I am definitely wiped, but I feel myself getting better by the day.

So I have been trying to eat well, however, I probably havent eaten much, so I will definitely NOT be weighing in tomorrow, I would hate for that scale to tell me I'm down and next week I'm up because I started eating again.  I think I will weigh next Friday.  I'm also thinking go straight through the weekend without a cheat day.  No big plans anyways, making costumes costumes costumes.  Whats everyone else up to this weekend, anything fun?

Travelgirl when are those wisdom teeth coming out? i'll be thinking of you.  Oh, and yes please on the hummus recipe!! absolutely love it :) and I have the perfect idea to use it in, I found a cholesterol free deviled egg recipe, just use hummus in 4 eggs egg whites (8 deviled eggs) instead of the usual and have it for a meal 2 or 4 snack.  YUM!!

How is everyone else doing with week 6?  I feel like i'm just starting mine, but I'll catch up >wink, wink<

Have a great day everyone!!!  

"Success is figuring out a way  NOT to quit"

• Hey -

the hummus recipe is more or less this (I never use measurements, but you can get the idea):

one small can of chick peas (maybe a 4-5 oz can)

1/2 cup cottage cheese (reduced fat)

drizzle of olive oil

1 TBS of tahini

lemon juice

Just add all ingredients to a food processor and blend until the curds in the cottage cheese are no longer visible and the mixture is very smooth.  It's sooo yummy!     You could prob use less tahini to make it lower in fat, but I don't think overall it's high fat anyway.  I don't know the nutrition breakdown,but could figure that out if you want it.   The recipe makes a good sized portion - probably enough for 3 portions of hummus with either veggies or a low carb wrap/tortilla.  

As for my teeth, they come out on November 5th.  Ugh - I hope it goes ok.    Anyone else having their free day today?  I had pie for breakfast (LOL) and some fries for lunch.  Very much a fattening kind of eating day for me!   I actually had to think hard about what I wanted for my free day - I can't even think of what I want to splurge on - maybe because I don't feel like I am that deprived during the week - not sure.  But, I took that as a good sign that I am actively trying to come up with splurges for my free day.  

I didn't weigh yesterday - I chickened out, but my husband said that I looked thinner, so hopefully that's a positive.  Can't believe we are halfway done!!   Oh, for those who have done challenges before - how long do you wait before you start another?  I am pretty sure I will keep going after this one, but since this one ends just after Thanksgiving, I will take December off and then start back again in January.    I just hope I don't completely undo all of my work during the month of december!

• Oh, I also add some garlic powder to the hummus - both that and lemon juice are done to taste.  

• Hi everyone!

I'm still here but no time to post this morning. I felt like I'd better post though because next time I may not be able to log back into the site. Man that's frustrating! Sometimes it's a whole week before I can post again. :(

Peeps, I'm so glad to hear you're feeling better!!  And don't worry about missing a weigh-in this week, your body was using all it's strength to make you well.   Now you can focus on ripping those muscles again!!!

Wow, we're in week 7!!

• HighBeams,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble posting! Can you let us know what kind of errors you're experiencing, as we'd love to help. You can put them in the 'Did You Know' forum website issues thread, or e-mail them to us, or send a 'Conversation' on here.

Thank you!

The BFL Team

P.S. - Congratulations on reaching week 7!

• Good Morning Everyone,

It has been an extremely crazy weekend/week for me.  We are getting ready for Halloween in Salem, Halloween parties, etc. which means making costumes costumes costumes!!!  It has really taken up alot of my free time, but it will be a blast!

How's everyone doing?  Week 7! my clothes are definitely looser.  I skipped the gym this weekend to make costumes, not good, but I have been eating well so halfway there.  I feel like its going to be a very busy next 5 weeks with the holidays - how is this going to work??  

Thankfully we have each other to check in with! have a great week everyone!!

• Hey Everyone!

Sounds like everyone's still here! Clothes are definately fitting loser here too and I am loving my cardio days. I have this week off from work so trying to stick to the schedule has been harder than I thought! I have to keep reminding myself to drink water and eat and not eat too much.

Have a great week!

• Hi All!

Just wanted to check in and say I cannot believe we are starting week 8!  So glad to be nearing the end!  Not that it's been a bad experience at all, but it's nice to know we have a stopping point and can really assess our progress.  I decided to weigh myself last week - out of the blue on Wed, I just did it.  I was down 6 pounds total!  I was/am very excited!  I hope I didn't blow it though this weekend.  We hosted a halloween party and have lots of leftover junk!  A lot of it got thrown out, but there are still a few of my weaknesses around that I am saving for my free day (mainly wheat thins - I love those things!!).   Also, my weekend got totally screwed up as Saturday was my free day (party day), but toward the end of the night, I got really sick - my husband thinks I got food poisoning which is weird since I don't know of anyone else who got sick.  All I know is whatever it was, was not fun.  I spent the next day drinking clear liquids and eating wheat thins and bland food.  Anyway, am back on track today with diet and exercise (also didn't work out yesterday).   My  problem is that I feel my willpower is less than what it was - anyone else feeling this way?   There's still temptation around and so I have grabbed a couple pieces of candy and such and eaten them KNOWING I should not be doing so!    Does anyone have any tips for helping me stay on track better or improving my willpower?  I really want to do well these last four weeks and finish strong, but it's getting harder for me for some reason.    

Anyway, hope you all are doing well and I look forward to hearing your updates too!

• Good Morning,

Travelgirl its so nice to hear from you.  Congrats on your weight loss, woo hoo!! that must feel great :)

I have to say that I feel like I am in the same boat as you.  Losing steam quick, and not getting to the gym like I use to, or feeling motivated to do it.  I brought my gym clothes to work today and plan on working out tonight. I've got to get back into the swing of things.  I know for me once I got sick and didn't get back into the gym it was tough, then Halloween came and I had all the costumes to make so I needed all my extra time to get them done and staying up late, I wasn't getting to the gym in the morning like I was use to.  Then of course, plans all weekend in Salem, so, here I am.  

I was thinking about why my first challenge was so successful, and I realize it was the perfect time of year that I had started it - January, no real holiday season to get in the way, nothing to do, and getting my body ready for summer.   In retrospect I dont think this was the best time to start a challenge, but hey we did it.  We need to stay committed, refocus, and just move forward, right!?

Ok, lets do it.  We are going to get an extra hour of sleep this weekend so maybe that can kick us into the next 4 weeks!!

Good luck everyone :)

• Hi Travelgirl and Peeps!! Highbeems are you reading? :)

Yea... what a great time of year we picked! LOL Halloween AND Thanksgiving. My suggestion is get a zip lock baggie and stow away your favorite candies and eat them ALL on free day and get rid of the rest. Take them to work. Do something to get rid of the temptation!!

I feel you peeps on getting up early again. Last week was my vacation. Ugh... when the alarm went off at 4:40 this morning... oh no... but up and at em. I think the only thing that gets me up is having a goal in mind for my workout. I NEED to meet the goal. This morning I did cardio and the goal there is increasing my distance running. SO... I can rack up 2.0 miles in our 20 min HIIT. The long term goal is 2.5 miles. I figure if I can add just .1 miles each week... I can get there right? I started at 1.5 miles.

Anyway...

We only have four weeks left to push through!!!!

• Hey Bay - good to hear from you and it sounds like you are doing well in the motivation department - definitely better than me!   Would you mind sharing your running plan with where you started?  I used to run and that definitely kept my weight down.  I'd like to start again, but I don't think that I can do distances anymore, but I would like to do 5k's again.  Anyway, I would love to hear your starter plan if you don't mind sharing your speeds and such and how you get in the 1.5 miles within the 20 min (that sounds like it would be a good place for me to start too).  

Peeps - I remembered this the other day and thought I would post it here.  Whenever I am feeling less than motivated, I will do something like buy a new work-out top or add some fun, new songs to my iPod.  I did the latter just last night and it did motivate me to want to go to the gym to listen to my new songs.   Anyway, just thought I would mention that to see if it might help.  

How has everyone's week 8 been?

• Hey Kids!!

Travelgirl: I LOVE running. 5K's are the perfect distance. I actually finished a marathon about eight years ago, although I hate to say I ran it... it took me 5.5.hours to finish it!! I did love distance running. But man, I have always been SOOO slow. Anyway... if I don't have a goal for cardio and just kind of go through it. My first goal with cardio was to do the entire hit (minus the warm up and cool down) running. Once I did that it was starting at 6 mph and working up from there. Now I'm starting at 6.5 miles an hour as my easy pace and working up to 8 mph for my 9 and 10's. Load some rocking music on your IPOD to do it though! I have to FOCUS through those last five minutes. My biggest issue with running is my height. I'm only 5'2 and I don't have gazelle length legs. It resemble a hobbit. :) Anyway... I'm super proud that I've finally been able to get to 2.1 miles in a cardio session. Hopefully this week I can get to 2.2 and add that extra on each week. I ahve a 5K to run on the very last day of our challenge. I'm pretty geeked about that!!! Although... it's Michigan, so hopefully it dosn't snow.

As for motivation... The pictures I took after week six are helpful and the 5K at the end of this challenge is what keep me moving. The funny motivation I have... the gym is the ONLY place I can shower in peace. No eleven year old barging in to use the bathroom, or the two year old banging on the door, or the husband asking me where his socks are. If I go to the gym and work out I am promised a HOT shower for as long as I want! I love the locker room for that ALONE!!!

Happy free day!!!

• Okay.... super bummer. I feel like I totally got screwed with my free day. It started out wonderful... french toast for breakfast. I had to go into work (I work for a bank) it was supposed to be a quick 10 minute thing. Right.... FIVE hours later I'm rushing to get out because we have my  father in laws birthday dinner. I didn't get to eat lunch. We get there for dinner and they actually prepared something healthy!!! Fish, salad, whole wheat rolls and potatos. They had cake, I figured, no dice baby, if I'm going to be forced to eat healthy on free day I'm not going to eat cake. I did have two peices of fish :)

okay on to week 9. I have a UBWO scheduled for tonight. I don't ever workout after work, so we'll see how it goes. For whatever crazy reason, I am really excited about it.

Is anyone getting crazy hungry?

• 26 more days!!!!!