Protein/Carb ratio imbalance

• So I am noticing a few places where the carb/protein ratio doesn't seem balanced, particularly on Tuesday of the suggested first week of meals:

( Dinner:Turkey Burger
    1 portion steamed broccoli
    Glass of water)

Broccoli has so little carbs. Should it be paired with a more substantial carb? I know this is a very healthy meal, but should I add a sweet potato or brown rice  to even out the balance?

Also "Protein pudding" where the skim milk doesn't come close to the amount of protein from the whey powder.

I like the no nonsense "no calorie counting" approach to the BFL diet & also know some suggest frontloading your heavy carbs earlier in the day, but I am curious to what you all have to say about this.

Thanks!

• Hi Scojo

where are you reading this? are you forgetting the wholewheat burger buns?

• I'd say they are probably including a whole wheat bun, if not ....then eat the burger sans bun and add rice or a sweet potato.  You wouldn't count the broccoli as a carb, it is just your veggie source for that meal.  Remember even portions of carbs/proteins, but add a serving of veggies to at least two meals (that is separate).  I add spinach to my egg white omelettes, and don't count that as carbs.  I also add lots of veggiest to my meals, and never count that toward my carb count.

I think the protein pudding is a better last meal (meal 6) because you don't need the carbs as much as the protein during that meal, since it is typically around bedtime.

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"

• Thanks BDMom. That clarifies it.  I saw the Turkey burger meal here, on this site, for Week 1 meal plan:

bodyforlife.com/.../first-week-meal-plan

It must have just been an oversight, since other meals for the week include everything specifically (like the egg white omelet WITH 1 slice of whole wheat toast).

And the protein pudding at night makes sense too. I know I crave a desert treat at night after a tough day, so going a bit light on the carbs for that later meal ( while it just sits in the stomach) is no big deal & understandable.

Thanks again!

• Keep in mind, also, the sugar free fat free instant pudding mix contains between 12 and 18g of carbs per half package. Sugar alcohols, I presume, but still carbs on the nutrition label. It's one of my favorites!

There's a girl out there warming up with your max.

• SCOJO, I have been having this almost every night:

1/2 cup of water or almond milk

1/2 cup plain greek yogurt

1 Tbsp FF, SF pudding mix (don't like any artificial stuff...so I only use a bit)

1/2 scoop chocolate protein powder

1 spoonful of PB2 (sometimes use reg. almond or sunflower butter if haven't met my fat quota for the day)

I mix that all up with a little crushed ice in my magic bullet and it is delicious.  Tastes like a chocolate peanut butter milkshake...you gotta try it and let me know what you think.  You can substitute cottage cheese for the yogurt; it is good too.

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"