Sept. 3rd BFL-Start...Who's with me?

• Hello Carl

I'm planning the initial plunge again after purchasing the book over 8 years ago. Life, pain, and a truck load of excuses & failures has held me back long enough.  I have set a goal with success in site to start and complete the challenge also on September 3rd. Let's finish like winners and lose weight like the champions we see and believe we are. God's speed and enduring courage be with us.

• Hello Carl

I'm planning the initial plunge again after purchasing the book over 8 years ago. Life, pain, and a truck load of excuses & failures has held me back long enough.  I have set a goal with success in site to start and complete the challenge also on September 3rd. Let's finish like winners and lose weight like the champions we believe we are. God's speed and enduring courage be with us. Let's do it!

• Hello, my name is Kelly and I am also looking forward to starting the challenge in Sept. Good luck everyone!

• Welcome all!!! and feel free to friend me so we can all keep in touch and keep each other motivated!

Today's Mighty Oak is yesterdays Nut that held its Ground!

• Hello, my name is Kerry and I am starting on the 3rd of sept. best of luck to everyone.

• I will be starting on the 3rd as well. I work as a Truck driver for Wal-mart. My average day is 12 1/2 hrs long from the time I leave my door step till I return. In the winter it gets even longer. One accident on I-25 will put a fork in me as well. I live in Loveland, Co. My work hrs are going to be tough to deal with as far as workouts go and I will have to take all my meals with me on the road. This will be challanging to say the least! Its time to take control of my life ! Value meals are killing me one buck at a time! Good luck to all! Put the hammer down and hold on tight!

• Hi everyone, I'm Bex and I can't wait to get started. I'm pushing 40 and being overweight just isn't cutting it anymore. I'm recovering from cancer ( I'm proof that not *every* cancer patient gets waif thin ) and some recent traumatic back surgeries, but the excuses stop here and now! I've had my check-ups with all of my Dr's and I have the go-ahead to start. This girl is ready ;)

We all can do this! w00t!

• Hi everyone!  My name is Trudy and I will be starting the challenge on September 3 also.   I picked up the book at a yard sale a couple of years ago and  have become very intrigued by the positive feelings of hope that it has given me. I am 46 and tired of breaking promises to myself.  I have young children and really want them to see that any goal is attainable if you stay positive and stick with it.

Best wishes to everyone!!!!!!!!!!!

• Hi all!  My name is Kathy and I am starting this challenge on September 6th.  A bit about me...I am a 36 year old married mother of two.  My mother was recently told that she has non-alcohol related cirrhosis and needs an immediate liver transplant.  I have gone through me testing and found I am a match, but my liver splits oddly.  So, my husband is being tested to see if his liver is split more favorably for donation.  When at the doc's office, the doc said, "Although your liver is healthy, we would obviously prefer someone like your husband as a donor.  He is clearly in great shape and would heal more quickly".  This statement hit me like a ton of bricks!  I decided it is time for a change.  

I look forward to taking this journey and getting to know you all!

Kathy

• Hi Loretta,

My name is Kim.  I'll be starting Sept 3rd as well.  Like you, I was living BFL about 10 yrs ago.  Life circumstances changed and I gave up.  I was in the best shape of my life, better than that...I was confident and felt healthy.  I've been on every "diet" you can think of and have lost & gained the same 40lbs over and over again.  It's time to take control of my life and be the example of a healthy mom that I should be to my young teenage daughter!  I'm kind of in this alone so I sure could use an accountability partner & support person!  Best wishes to you!  WE can and WILL do this.....

• Good for you Bex!  Congrats on beating the cancer!  That's a wonderful testimony to everyone.  My name is Kim, I'm 43 and find that the older I get, the harder it is to lose this weight.  It's time to take control and make my outside match my inside!  Best wishes to you.  Stay strong & connected.

• Does anyone plan on using Betagen for muscle repair and recovery?

• Hi I'm Kat. I'm starting 9/6. Had 2 brain hemorrhages 9/26/07.  Lost all habits and routines. Extremely dificult to finish anything. I kinda am like a puppy. SQUIRREL!  Then I chase the squirrel. RABBIT!  Then I chase the rabbit. Lol. Broke my arm in march. Still getting use back. Have a broken foot now. Gotta do this to strengthen my bones!!!  I'll keep in touch. You guys are all awesome and together WE can do this!!!

• ^^^GOOD LUCK^^^ WE ARE ALL WITH YOU.

If you want it bad enough your willing to bleed to get it. I have. I will Continue to do so. Until I have what it is I desire.
  • Hi Everyone!  I'm also new here... planning to start the Challenge a few days before the 9/3 date.  I've had the BFL book for quite a few years and just now deciding to do it.  I've lost weight on my own in the past but neglected a good resistance training routine.  I'm hoping that the BFL challenge will motivate me to do weight training this time.  Good luck to everyone!

***Carndog:  Re:  Betagen... My husband also told me I shouldn't use the Betagen supplement - I forgot the reason why... something about it holding onto water maybe?  It's basically creatine.  He told me that when he has used creatine in the past, that it made his muscles seem less defined and more puffy.  Not sure exactly how it works.  I'm not much into the supplements other than vitamins and herbs... only planning on using the protein shakes and bars probably.  

"We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong.  The amount of work is the same."  ~Carlos Castaneda