HUNGRY....3:30pm carb cravings...time is 3:26

• so here i am, day 2....and i am hungry....ive eaten...but im hungry...and usually around this time i am hankerin for some frozen yogurt.  I am a carb-oholic....and i am sure most of it is psychological...though i swear my tummy is growling...have had about 48 oz of water....how do you guys fight cravings????

• Get busy doing something other than thinking about food.  Read, wash dishes, vaccuum.  If you are at work, get up and take a walk, have a cup of hot coffee or tea.  You manage your cravings, they don't manage you.  You can do this.

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory

• Hey there, Michelle!

wow, do i feel honored!! a champion!! at work, and i am bored.  a walk sounds nice if it werent 100 degrees and i wasnt in jeans....excuses, excuses, eh?? i am about to have a myoplex shake in a few minutes....i liked your profile...and ur story, very inspirational.  

thanks!

Lisa

• Champions, much to the surprise of people are normal.  We've struggled with the same things everyone else struggles with.  Just remember that this is a process that takes time and for some it takes more time than others.  I really just started getting good at managing myself in February of last year.  So be patient and be honest with yourself when you are eating inappropriate foods first and foremost.  All you do when you do that is prolong your results from coming through.

• Hi Lisa:

I eat when I am bored, so finding enough to do is really important for me.  I am on day 2 as well, and I don't feel hungry at all; I am actually satisfied.  I am just craving foods that I enjoyed before.  I ate a little bit of dark chocolate every day, and really miss that.  My kids also get veggie straws (which are like potato chips...just marketed to look healthier -ha).  But I found myself craving crunchy, salty & sweet.  I had a mild headache last night, so I'm sure it is just getting used to the program.  Let's do this.  I am feeling great.  If you get tired of water...add a flavored tea bag to it, and it is not so boring.  I was proud of myself for getting in 63+ ounces of water yesterday.  Yay!!

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"

• Champster~i powered through yesterday....it was tough though at times.  I have recently stumbled upon banan chips...i know in his book, bananas arent an "authorized" food...but i figured it was better than a candy bar or a piece of cake or doughnut or icecream that i would normally eat.  I actually figured that the potassium from the bananas would be good on a weight training program. I did measure them so I know exactly what I am eating, caloric-wise.  and the oatmeal i eat most days is weight watcher maple and brown sugar...I usually add protein powder to it...but i am guessing i should just do real oats, sigh.  My eats are nearly perfect minus those couple of things, I guess. Did make the beef stew from the BFL cookbook last night...BOY WAS THAT TASTEY!

bdMOM~EATING WHEN I'M BORED, STORY OF MY LIFE!! or when im sad, or happy and want to celebrate. I actually have an office dinner tomorrow at fogo de chao...it'll be a meat fest....and i am the manager...and have never missed a dinner with my top producers....but i dont want to screw up what I have done for the past three days...."but , it's protein" my head says....I am feeling pretty good today...it's manageable...i did the cardio today...oh-my-gosh!  that was intense.  But I enjoyed it! I have a very comepetitive spirit!  Good job on your water!!  I have had about 48oz so far today...working on some more (just afew more swigs)....3:00 is upon me (and between 3 and 430 it becomes mentally challenging for me to not eat something sweet) I have to be careful because before i decide to do BFL i stocked my office with kettle corn popcorn, 100 calorie chocolate covered pretzels...im feeling bad already about the banana chips!  WE ARE DEFINITELY DOING THIS!!!  KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!

• Banana chips are concentrated sugar.  I'm not sympathetic to  "it's better than what I used to eat".  That's just another form of justification.   No brown sugar, no banana chips.  These are just crutches that you are unwilling to get rid of.  This may seem harsh, but some times the truth hurts.  Everything is relative to the results you want.  If you want mediocre results have at it.  

Change your way of thinking...none of this is about what you can't have, it's all about what you are willing to have instead.  Eat clean and the results will come and fast at that.  

The whole point behind eating to plan is to get the poor sources of fuel out of your system and good sourcex of fuel in your system.  It's not easy, but it's doable.  And if you stop adding the sugars you'll stop craving them.  

• ouch! heheh!  I'm a big girl, I can take it...ok...you are completely right...it's 100% or 0%...it's 1st place or last! i can do this...thanks for the attitude adjustment!  

• I have a question though....in Bill's book he doesnt have bananas as an "authorized" food.  But in his cookbook, he has "bananas Foster style" and "banana creme pudding" with like a whole banana....not trying to be bad already, but isnt part of the eating equal parts protein with carbs??? i mean i wanna do the deal...and right...but the deserts in the cookbook have ingredients and stuff that arent "authorized".... i'm confused. ;-(

• Lisa,

You have a great question.  Bananas, plain, are actually authorized.  Some would argue not best option, but authorized nonetheless.  They are not listed on page 84, in the list, but are on the next page. 

The EFL book is really not a good contest cookbook.  Also, on page 73 Bill discusses portion and the deserts, which are just that, "treats".  I assure you they are not balanced authorized options.  EFL is too high in calories, not balanced between protein/carbs, is too free with sauces and unauthorized ingredients.  It's okay sometimes and for some recipes, but best left for free day and maintenance.

Best!

Jessica Mighty Max ~ 2013 Body-for-LIFE Champion ~ Champion is a VERB!

• jessica!!~~ arghhh!!!  say it isnt so!  no wonder those dishes were so dang good! crap! i was thinking...i can handle this! yummy food!  shoot.... free day is not gonna be from the cookbook..hehehe!!! jk! (no im not)...ugh....ok, gonna work off pg 84. i can do this.

• I got the cookbook a few weeks before I started the challenge and made a lot of meals out of there; they were all delicious.  I think some of my free day meals will be out of there as well.

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"

• they were pretty tastey...and the food addict in me needs a higher dose! heheh! it's icecream and mexican food on saturday!

• i will say though, my cravings are subsiding...i am not as hungry...im feeling good and strong and hydrated...and disciplined....i like that.  struggling now to gte my 6th meal in...

• I agree with the tea or coffee tip. I started drinking lots of tea and it really helps me throughout the day to keep my stomache happy. No sugar, no milk. Just plain tea. My friend made a delicious peppermint tea the other day from peppermint leaves from her garden. That was so awesome. Just hot water, some leaves and lime juice. My all time fav and not a bad choice at all.

msjenayafitness.blogspot.com