Wanting to start on Aug 30th...have a few questions!

• Hello Everyone! I just lost about 70 lbs and would like to start the challenge on Aug 30th. My question is, what is our calorie amount per day and what is the breakdown? Like 40% protein, 40 carbs and 20 fat? Or what? Also, does anyone have the Bodybugg? Is it helpful and worth the money? Thanks so much in advance!

• Eleda - there really isn't a "calorie count" on BFL ... you go by portion size. A fist sized portion of carbs, a palm sized portion of protein ... it works surprisingly well. Full menu planning details are in the book and online.

With that said, I must admit that in the past, I have made myself daily menus, entered all the information into a program like "Daily Plate" or my BodyBugg (yes, I have one - see below) software and checked out the numbers. it almost always worked out to about 1,800 calories a day, which is a great amount for me to lose steadily and safely at. (I am 5'5", about 170 right now and 40 years old. With regular workouts, 1,800 calories a day is perfect, for me.)

The first week I followed my strict BFL eating plan I lose 5.4 pounds !!!

As to the Body Bugg, I have a similar device by their competitor: Body Media. I think it's kind of cool, it's very motivating to see when you are burning calories and how much and at what activities, but I am a bit skeptical that it's as accurate as it claims to be. It's a fairly expensive gadget and you have to pay a monthly $7 fee to maintain access to their webpage to enter your food info (I committed to a year to get the cheapest rate.) I like it, and I try to use it as often as possible, but if I had it to do over I don't think I'd spend that kind of money again. I'd use the same $300 or so to buy EAS protein bars and stuff for my BFL challenge !

Good luck !!

Kristin

• Thanks for the insight Kristin! I am 44, am 5'5 and weigh 135. I would like to lose about 10 pounds more and tone and firm up. I am new to excerciseing and SCARED!!!! LOL!!! How long have you been doing BFL?

• eleda:  Make sure you buy the book and read it cover to cover before you start; it takes all the guesswork out of the program, and you can refer back to it many times during the 12 weeks.  Best of luck to you.

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"