nutririon help please

• hi i am on day 2 of the challange and its amazing. im sticking to everythin. but i am just wondering if sweet corn is allowed on the plan and if so wat catagory does it fall under ie protein, veg, carb? please can someone answer this for me.

• Carb and prob has too much sugar.

“"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out..." - Robert J. Collier”

http://thisisbryanok.blogspot.com/

• I googled sweet corn and found this for the nutritional content of sweet corn:

Water: 68.36 g

Calories: 77

Protein: 2.90 g

Carbohydrates: 17.12 g

Fiber: 2.4 g

Sugars: 2.90 g

Total Fat: 1.06 g

Saturated Fat: 0.164 g

Monounsaturated Fat: 0.312 g

Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.503 g

Cholesterol: 0 mg

Doesn't seem too bad at all. I just wouldn't cover each cob in butter and salt

• cool thanks guys. im planning of having tinned sweet corn but i think your right too much sugar. thanks

• Corn is definately a higher sugar carb. Once in a while would be OK but not on a regular basis. I usually save it for my free day.

fit4life "The dream must be bigger than the pain"

• Emma - this is a great thread! I am still learning what I can and cant eat as well. I would think corn would be ok but I am not an expert. :)

One of my co-workers brought in a Michelina's Lean Gourmet Salisbury Steak meal. Is this ok to eat? I know the whole foods are 10x better.

The nurtional info:

Calories:190

Total fat 6g

cholesterol 35mg

Sodium 760 mg

Total Carbs 23g

Dietary Fiber 2g

sugars 2g

Protien 11g

It's never too late to be what you might have been ~ George Elliot

• You probably want to stay away from pre-packaged meals like that. Not only is the food highly processed, the sodium level is off the charts for one meal. That's at least 1/2 your daily recommended intake of sodium in one meal.

The American Heart Association recommends that for every 1,000 Calories of food consumed, the sodium intake should be 1,000 mg and should not exceed the 3,000 mg limit.

• Thanks BCbill. I know whole foods are much better for you.

It's never too late to be what you might have been ~ George Elliot

• In the BFL suggested foods list, corn is listed as a carb.