Starting August 16th--Care to join me?

• Hi mialo! Our group is growing and it's nice to see so many people getting on board with us!

I'm not opposed to starting a new thread for each week, but it might be easier to stay on top of the thread by changing your viewing preferences so the latest post is at the top of the list. We can certainly begin our post with which day we are on. Even though this thread began with people starting on the 16th, some people who have already started are part of the group, too. If we begin a new thread each week, it might be hard to keep the original group together. What does everyone else think?

We seem to have a good amount of moms in here, too. I have a 7 year old and I love that she is learning about having a healthy self image. Skinny isn't cool. Healthy is cool. And McDonald's is just gross. Ask her. She'll tell you! Does anyone else have any thoughts about feeding your kids healthier while doing The Challenge? I've already talked with my daughter about school lunches for the upcoming school year. She will be bringing her lunch most days. The lunches her school serves are pretty unhealthy. Of course, she can enjoy pizza occasionally, but she knows all about "sometimes" foods.

There's a girl out there warming up with your max.

• I love how this group has grown!!

Love it when others post their menus, it helps me when I get bored of my own food combos.  So, I will post mine too.  Would enjoy hearing about how y'all balance BFL with your kids/family -- both the exercise time and the food.  For me that is the hardest part.  the last time I did BFL I did great but my house was a hot mess.  Can't do that this time.  Need to figure out the balance.

Today I'm clearing out the cupboards and frig, making the grocery list and setting up the "home gym".  I've read my books and created my daily journal.  Ready to roll for monday.

Go BIG or stay home baby!!!

"When I let go of who I am, I become who I might be" – Lao Tzu

• Today I did my first lower body workout..yikes...my quads are burning still! I had some southwestern egg beaters w/ a piece of whole wheat toast for breakfast.

I see a lot of us our interested in finding the balance to fit this program in our lives. I am struggling in that area also. I have 3 kids and I know they won't eat a lot of the stuff I eat and I hate cooking 2 seperate meals. I've thought about precooking some chicken and just having it ready to go so all I have to do for dinner is warm it up.  I did have some frozen shrimp last night that I was able to just pull out of the freezer and thaw quickly along with some brown rice and a salad. It only took 10 minutes to pull together. I know once school starts back up and everything that goes on in the evenings it's going to be hectic again. I can see that planning is definitly key to succeeding.

• Thanks for the heads up on changing the forum preferences. That will help a lot.

:)

• I think it would be good to make a new thread each week that simply says....8/16 Start - Week of 8-16 through 8-22 (or whatever the current week may be).  That would be simple and easy to find.  The first one to post that Monday morning could start it...what do you think?

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"

• I will be tagging along with you guys! Good luck to everyone,

Kim

• In my opinion, I think we should stick with this thread.  Call me nostalgic, but I like to refer back in the thread to the different replies.  How about if I post a reply stating:  Week 1:  8/16-22/2010.  That way we know how far back to go when we are looking at everyone's progress.  I can post it every Monday.

Let me know what you all think.

• I would love to join your group as I am starting the same time.  I know that with a group like this, it will help inspire me to keep going.  I want to be healthy for myself and to prove to myself that I can do it.  It is a challenge and I am looking forward to crossing the finish line.

• I'm also leaning toward keeping one thread going. Seeing that there are hundreds of replies on a single thread, to me anyway, shows lots of activity and support. When I discovered this website and was just checking out these boards, the threads with the most posts were the ones that caught my attention and made me want to read them.

While I realize some have joined us who have already started, I think most of us are starting tomorrow, right? I think referring to the day of the Challenge is a good idea (i.e., How is your Day 1 going? Day 42 - We're half-way there!).

I've spent most of the last 15 months eating six small, low-carb meals per day, so I've got this eating plan in the bag. I'm grateful for that. It was a struggle at first. This past week was a treat for me since I was still eating on my own schedule, but including the good carbs.

I have a wonderful job which lets me work Mom Hours and that allows me time to get to the gym before it gets packed. When I go, there are mainly senior citizens and stay-at-home moms. My schedule will change some over the next few weeks when school starts and I may have to adjust some things, but it shouldn't be too much trouble. Getting there every day will be the toughest part for me. Staying motivated and accountable is my reason for joining this group.

I'm off to my local big box store shortly to restock my supply of chicken, cottage cheese, skim milk and vegetables for the week. It's the final countdown! Fourteen hours until Day One, troops!

• Susan, I like the one thread too - I do the RSS feed, so it's easier

officially starting tomorrow, going to weigh/measure tonight.

Had a protein shake for breakfast today - almost out of protein powder, need to buy more --

Are you all using EAS?  Know the best place to get the best price?

"When I let go of who I am, I become who I might be" – Lao Tzu

• I've looked at GNC, Vitamin Shoppe and Walmart.

Walmart by far is the cheapest place that I've seen that has them.

The carb control shakes are around $4.00 and the protein powder is around $9.00

Hope this helps!

• @mellowmama: I buy the EAS 100% Whey (3 carb kind) at Sam's Club. It's $27 for a 5 pound bag. They have chocolate and vanilla. I also get Myoplex Lite ready-to-drink shakes there. I believe they were $22??? That's the case price. Sam's Club also has EAS AdvantEdge shakes in chocolate (ready-to-drink) for $24 or so on a case.

GNC has a great variety, but they're expensive. On the other hand, WalMart has great prices, but a limited variety.

Just be careful to check the label of the protein powder you buy. Some brands have lots of carbs, which could hinder your weight loss if that's what you're looking for.

• If any veterans out there are reading this, PLEASE drop in and say hello! I think I speak for most of us when I say that we could use some encouragement, guidance and tips from you! Thanks!

• Just to be sure, officially starting is only taking pictures and recording measurements? You do not send anything in unitl the 12 weeks is complete, correct? I have registered on the website, and downloaded the packet but do not see anywhere to "officially" sign up for the challenge. Thanks for the info.

• Hi all,

I am 54 and weighing in @ my highest wt. ever of 180.

I am soo looking forward to joining you and making this transformation.

I posted my pic's on my profile, hope you all will join me!!