August 9, 2010 Group!

• Hi,

I'm also vegetarian, actually vegan until I caved & purchased the CLA pills in an effort to spur my weight loss, and am looking for other vegan/vegetarians doing the program.

I started on August 30th, so I'm just starting my 3rd week today & feeling a bit frustrated because I weighed in 2 lbs. heavier today than when I started :( I'm trying not to pay too much attention to the scale because I know our weight can fluctuate day to day, but I've been right on with my workouts & my meals have been really consistent, so I expected to at least see a little drop in lbs. by now.

Anyway, this board has already helped me regain my focus just by reading everyone else's comments. I just need to give 100% effort every day & in time, I'm sure I'll see the rewards of hard work :)

• I am officially in a weight platau. Yes I know I'm not supposed to weigh myself , but I am just addicted to the scale. I really did try to quit. But seeing it go down now after watching it go up for so long is addictive.

I am looking forward to measuring this weekend. The proof will be in that for sure.

Shass: building muscle causes a gain especially the first few weeks. Measuring tape is more accurate.

Hope you all are doing well. Almost half way there!

• hey all. so half way there. woo hoo!!! had an over the top free day again yesterday but hey only gained 1 pound il lose that by tomorrow. im finding that my weight is staying the same tho now for thelast 2 weeks and its annoying me. im trying to keepoff the scales but i give in every morning. I have come to the conclusion that wen i was having brown pasta i was having too much. i was having 75grams but have now learned it should be 50g. is this right?

i have also decidedto up my workouts for the next 6 weeks. i am going to do HIT cardio on my weight days as well as my cardio days to keep my body constantlyon the go. do you trhink this is ok.

well hope your all progressing well and feeling good. cant wait to share pics at the end x

• Ive been doing cardio on my weight days all along.  I did it that way the last time i went through body for life.  It proved to be a great idea.  I lost an average of 1 pound a day.  Eating healthy and a lot, and still losing 1 pound a day is great!  I now am doing 20 minutes of cardio on weight days before weights and another 20 after weights and on days only for cardio, i do 30 minutes then do ab workout then another 30 minutes cardio.  I love it, and im losing almost 2 lbs a day.. sometimes it skips a day but still losing progressively 1-2 lbs a day.  I go a little nuts on my day off, but not too bad.. this week i gained 2 lbs on my day off, but  will lose that in a day or 2.  good luck to everyone, however you are working it!  I love this training program, and tell it to everyone i know!

• Wow, byteme368, that's a lot!  Don't you find you need to eat a bit more to keep up your energy for all that work?? Good ideas, tho' -- I may have to try that, my progress is at a snail's pace.... and I have very little time to exercise!  Sometimes it's frustrating, but halfway there and I try to keep the long-term goal in mind.....

Good luck, Emma!  I'm with you, let's kick into high gear for the next 6 weeks!  I step on the scale every Monday moring to start the week, THAT IS IT.  Otherwise, I'm sure I'd give up.... It works for me, and inspires me all weekend not to go too, too crazy.

Hope everybody's still on board, good luck.  Pam L.

• I noticed I was having a hard time getting in all my water, and I wasn't losing weight. When I drink it I notice that I lose weight.

So focus on getting all your water. Hope this helps someone.

• Thanks for the insight,m tmgdreamsm.  I don't think I have been drinking enough water, get so busy at work, etc., I forget about it.  So that's one of my goals for this week, I'll let you know if it helps.

Well, we're getting there, slowly but surely!  Into Week 8 today.  Feel a bit worn out after a tough LBWO yesterday, buty will try to get on the treadmill nonetheless.

Losing weight bit by bit, down two sizes, feeling very good, but a way to go..... Enjoy planning a healthy dinner each morning, then look forward to it all day. If only I could get my kids onboard, ha!   Five more weeks!!

• Thanks for the insight,m tmgdreamsm.  I don't think I have been drinking enough water, get so busy at work, etc., I forget about it.  So that's one of my goals for this week, I'll let you know if it helps.

Well, we're getting there, slowly but surely!  Into Week 8 today.  Feel a bit worn out after a tough LBWO yesterday, buty will try to get on the treadmill nonetheless.

Losing weight bit by bit, down two sizes, feeling very good, but a way to go..... Enjoy planning a healthy dinner each morning, then look forward to it all day. If only I could get my kids onboard, ha!   Five more weeks

Pam L

• OK, so this site is AWFULLY quiet.... anyone left out there still pushing on?  Four weeks to go!!  I am happily still working on the program, working out daily, making little-by-little progress as I can't seem to push myself to be 100% strict on the diet, nor to be excessive with my exercise... but making progress nonetheless!  Anyone else?  If so, good luck, let's hope a few of us are still with BFL!

Pam L

• hi pam im still here. thought everyone had given up. im doing well. sticking to the exercise plan ive actually increased it so im doing the HIT cardio every day. keep my body constantly going. final 4 weeks = final push. im sticking to the eating only had one slip and that was yesterday. i had a custard slice but hey solid week ahead. glad your progressing well. i can see really obvious changes in my body. it just motivates me more. have a good wekk anyway. 3 more weeks to go after this. woo hoo!!!!

• I'm still here too, it's going alright, I haven't been as good this week as the past several. I haven't missed any workouts though. I am losing my extra chin. That's great. people are definitely noticing the changes.

I'll need to do probably 2 more challenges to make it to my goal. I have lost about 15 pounds and have about 60 more to lose. I have no idea how many inches, lots. I'm in it like a marriage.  I just have ups and downs emotionally through this, next week I'll most likely be up emotionally. Maybe if I got off my rear and did my lbwo I'd feel better.

• I had a few minutes, so thought I'd pop into a few other groups that started around the same time I did (I am in the August 16 group).

I hope you are all doing well and getting stronger everday.

byteme: I just wanted to caution doing so much cardio.  It sounds as if you have been down this road before, and it worked for you..but just be careful.  Too much cardio is hard on the joints, and will slow down any muscle gain progress.  I went in twice last year to have my body fat tested (the underwater submersion test).  The first time, my weight was 118, and the second time my weight was 113.  My body fat was higher the second time around, even though I weighed 5 pounds less because I had increased my cardio too much.  I am now following the BFL plan and only doing HIIT cardio on Tues, Thurs & Sat, and recently had my body fat tested, and was at 18.5%, at a weight of 116#'s.  They stressed to me when I was there how important it is to break up your weight and cardio days.  

If any of you want to come on over the visit, we are the August 16th group.

Take care & God Bless!

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"

• Hi Emma and tmgdreamsm -- So here we are the sole survivors of this group, I guess!  Or the only ones communicating, anyway.  So let's hear it for the women!  As Emma woud say, woo hoo!  Kiss those pounds and extra chins goodbye!

I've actually had a bit of a letdown this week, but still doing daily workouts, eating strong most days.  I had a wedding last week in PA (live in Mass), that set me off a bit.  And this weekend have to take my daughter, 18, to NC to see a college.  My "ex" will be there as well, I will have to plan well in advance and try to avoid conflict and any emotional eating.  Ha!  Glad to be thinner for this trip, though, wearing clothes that did NOT fit for past several years!  Woo hoo!  I like that, Emma, thanks!

BD Mom, thanks so much for the kind words.  Will check out your group this weekend, out of time!

Good luck, girls!  Pam L.

• I am still here. New England is well represented in the final group.  I know Philly39 is still committed to the challenge.  I hope everyone finishes strong. The past 9 weeks have been great, and I look forward to what the future holds.

• I ended up moving to the Sep 3rd group, but just wanted to congratulate the folks who have stuck it out and our getting good results... even if it's a little slow sometimes. Best, Caryn