August 9, 2010 Group!

• If you are starting on Monday, August 9th, let's hold each other accountable!

Tell us a little about why you are doing this!

• I'm a mom of 2.  I've started to really get in control of my weight and lifestyle twice only to get pregnant twice!  I need to adjust my lifestyle because heart disease runs in my family and my mother nearly died at 45 from a massive heart attack.  We have low cholesterol and blood pressure, but my good cholesterol is too low and I'm overweight by about 75 lbs.  

I don't want to be a stick.  I want to be healthy!

• I have always longed for a slim toned figure and i nearly got there once wen i was in thailand training in muay but as soon as i stopped i started drinking and relaxing again. I have a twin and i have always be bigger than her. dont get me wrong im only 23 and 136 pounds but i have a vision of what i want to look like and i crave a reaction from my friends and family. I am not toned at all and that is my goal. From the pictures i have seen i cant wait to get started. i love the gym etc so fingers crossed it will go smoothly. 12 weeks will fly. have either of you done this before. are you going to have the protein shakes as a meal replacement. Im feeling so positive. its also great that everyone on here is so supportive. if ever i feel bad or unmotivated im comforted by the face that everyone on BFL will give encouragement support and advice.

• I'll be starting Challenge 2 on the 9th! Pleased to "meet" ya! I am doing this because I have had several health issues that will improve if i lose weight and I have tried so many plans and figured I'd try this one too. I LOVE BFL! It has been slow going for me, but I have not kicked it into full gear yet. I used Challenge 1 to get familiar with alot of things I hadn't done before in a consistent way: eating clean, exercising regularly, taking supplements, juicing, detoxing, you name it. Now that I have learned  a lot, I am ready to kick it up a notch. i figure it will take me three or four challenges to get where I want to be an dthen I will fight the good fight of staying there. See you Monday!

Isaiah 43:18-19

• Looks like I won't be starting on the 9th. I need to do some things next week that won't allow me to eat the way I need to, but I'll definitely be starting back up for my 2nd challenege and just wanted to let you know I am rooting for ya!

Isaiah 43:18-19

• Hello all,

My name is Terrence. I am 28 years old. I am 6'2" and currently around 245 pounds. I am a middle school teacher in southern CA. My goal is to be between 200 and 220 pounds. I started my journey at 513 pounds in August of 2008 when I made the decision to undergo gastric bypass. Since then, I have lost over 265 pounds and am now enjoying my new life. During the time I was losing weight, I used the BFL exercise program off and on. I am now ready to commit to a full 90 days.I want to make my body look the best it can.  I just joined a gym and am ready to go. I will go food shopping this weekend so I will be ready to do the program. I don't plan on following the eating plan as ti is written because it is a bit high in carbs for me. I need too eat lower carbs, higher protein, and healthy fats. I wish everyone luck, lets keep eachother going.

• Hello All,

I too am starting on the 9th. I have a few reasons why I am making this change to a better me

1).  Is my son. He is 12 and has been making poor food choices just as I have and he can be considered a bit overweight. I want to lead by example!

2). Is for my own health. My dad was diagnosed with diabetes last year and both of my grandmothers have it too. I don't want my poor choices to create problems and illnesses that I am able to prevent. I want to live a long and healthy life and enjoy everything around me.

3). I want to feel comfortable in my own body. I want to buy clothes that look great on me instead of figureing how to hide my fat and feeling embarrassed. I love summer dresses but right now they only look good on the rack not so much on me.

4). Last month I went back home after not seeing my family for 5 years. I always imagnined going back a fitter me but instead I went back 20 lbs heavier due to a family emergency. I felt digusted with myself! We all took family pictures but I didn't want anyone taking them from my neck down (that didn't happen). I just felt so uncomfortable. My best friend and I took a few pictures together too and she posted then on her facebook! I was mortified and immediatly deactivated my account because I don't want anyone to see how I let myself go.

I am  planning on going back home again next summer and I want to make heads turn, like "wow she looks great!" I will be proud to take those family pictures next summer!

I wish everyone great success! This is a great support system and I am happy to be a part of it.

A new day,

Lynn

It's never too late to be what you might have been ~ George Elliot

• Hi! My name is Haley and my husband and I are starting on the 9th. I are so excited to change our lives. I have 3 children,  7, 5, 2 1/2. They keep my busy. I have TRIED many weightloss programs, not making it past the first week in most cases.

I am getting ready for nursing school. Being a  nurse is physically demanding, and I want to be able to do my job without breaking my back. I want to change and become strong, fit, and healthy for several more reasons. I want to be a good example to my kidsl; I want to wear cute clothes and preferrably wear a size that is not in the double digits; I want to MOVE; I want to be strong and active, I want run around at the park with my kids and not worry about my jiggly butt, or flabby stomach. I would love to run on a beach in a bikini someday! (I am sure the hubby wouldn't mind that!)

Most importantly, the BIGGEST and most important reason is to feel better about me. It isn't so much about the results and looking phenomenal (that is a big plus), its about achieving a goal, completing something, finishing.

I look forward to sharing my successes and failures and learning and growing from yours! Good luck to all!

Adios size 14....hellooooo size 8!

Haley

• Hola!

My name is Danny and I'm 19 years old. I plan on starting the program on the 9th with you wonderful group of people! I know I'm young and you are probably wondering what's a young guy like me doing here. I'm not really overweight but I want to be in great shape, I've always wanted a ''ripped'' physique. But anyways my story goes like this...

I was overweight in my whole childhood, people made fun of me especially at school, and I was depressed and felt like crap. After a couple of years when I was 15 i really got serious with exercising and eating healthy. I worked out everyday and I ate healthy for a year and I lost a lot of body fat and I was finally able to see my muscles and I even could take my shirt off!

I felt great, people would say to me that I looked great and they asked me for workout tips and stuff like that, life was great at that point, my self esteem was good and I was very happy. But a couple of months shy fro my 17th birthday the unthinkable happened. I was working on a car when i lifted a 20'' rim/wheel and something popped in my lower back and I was in a lot of pain. I went to the doctor and he sent me to have an MRI done. A week later I show him the results and he told me I had herniated 2 discs in my back (L4-L5, L5-S1) and I would need to have surgery to fix it. So after months of being in severe pain and taking narcotic meds every day (percocet, vicodin etc) I finally scheduled surgery with an orthopedic surgeon. The surgery went well and the doctor told me to take it slow for a couple of months until I recover fully.

So after 6 months of my surgery, I started with Physical Therapy after a couple of weeks of PT, I started Aquatherapy (physical therapy in a pool) and so on. It was a very long and painful journey to say the least. I now was 18 years old and I lay in the same position as a couple of years ago, out of shape, fat and depressed. I knew I had to change, I knew I had to do something I couldn't stay like this. Last week I went to a bookstore and they had Body-for-LIFE, I bought and read it (finished reading it yesterday) and I knew that now is the time for change. I took my dumbells out of my closet and dusted the bench lol. It is time to get serious about my health and my life. So starting monday I will joining you guys and gals, and together we will do it! In 12 weeks we will be one smokin' hot group of people! LET"S DO IT!!!

Sorry the post is sooo long. Thanks everyone.

• I'm a 36 year-old mother of girls ages 4 & 8 and wife of 10 years.  I live in Southern California and it seems that all of our activities revolve around the beach and pool.  While everyone is playing I usually find a reason not to for fear of having to show any skin.  My reasons for wanting to lose weight began as pure vanity but has now shifted into setting a healthy example for my daughters.  OK, still a bit of vanity - I can't wait to shop for clothes that show me off rather than hide me.  I have a very supportive husband who has done BFL before with amazing results.  After hitting his goal he slowly slipped back and sadly I think it had to do partly with me keeping our house full of junk food.  We are now both starting again together.  I am lucky to have his support in the house but I think I'd also like to have a group of friends that I can speak honestly and anonymously with too!  I am a size 16, 174 lbs on my 5'2 body = too much.  I want to play with my kids!  

So glad to have found you all,

Krista

• Welcome aboard Anewday, Danny, Krista, Emma, Hippymom, and Mommyof3! I can't wait to get this program started on Monday. I was wondering what everyone's biggest challenge is going to be while doing the program. To me, the biggest challenge will be to not be so self conscious about working out and just do my best. After losing 265 pounds, I have lost a ton of muscle, so I am very weak. I am going to feel embarrassed not being able to fit in with the big dogs at the gym. I'm also hoping the gym isn't going to be so packed at 5:00 in the morning that I won't be able to work out. The gym I belong to is a pretty small gym, so, there isn't a ton of equipment.

• GOOD LUCK YOU GUYS!!! Stick together on this thread.  I'm starting Week 11 tomorrow.. and my "thread teammates" have REALLY helped me make it through the challenge.

• @Terrence... the gym will NOT be packed at five in the morning believe me. I also notice my gym is practically abandoned on Saturdays and Sundays so I start my week on Sunday.  There are all types of people working out especially if you stick to the machines. The real Lion's Den is the Free Weights room and I still don't really go in there.  Testosterone poisoning. Plus I don't want anyone to hurt themselves because they all get puffed up and show-offy when a girl wanders in there. LOL.

• Yeah! Starting on my 30th birthday, August 9th!!  My husband and I are going to start trying for a baby in January, so I want to be in the best shape possible for the pregnancy.  I don't know how I let myself get so "fluffy" but I don't see a better date to start on this journey than my 30th bday.  Can't wait to do the challenge with all of you.  

• Terrence-  maybe it's just the gym I go to, but it seems like most of the "big dogs" are too busy staring at themselves in the mirror to even notice other people.  It's kinda sad really.  I like to use them as a bit of comic relief while I do my workouts.  We've got one guy that literally spends more time watching himself than he does working out.  I find it entertaining for some reason.  

I'll be starting on the 9th also.  My biggest challenge is going to be eating properly while at the office.  We've been so busy lately, the company has been bringing in food for us so we can keep working through lunch and sometimes dinner.  It's not that I don't appreciate it, but they seem to think pizza is all anyone wants.  Combine that with my addiction to sweets...  it will be a challenge.