STARTING MON 09 AUG 2010 - NERVOUS - ANY WORDS OF ADVICE

• I AM STARTING ON MONDAY. i JUSTREALLY WANT TO TONE UP. IM QUITE SMALL ALREADY WEIGHING 136POUNDS. BUT NO PART OF MY BODY IS TONED. I HAVE ALREADY BEGAN STOCKING UP ON MY MEATS AND FISH AND BROWN RICE ETC. ANYONE HAVE ANY LAST MINUTE ADVICE. ALSO ON THE FREE DAY CAN YOU HAVE ANYTHING LIKE FAST FOOD, CURRY ETC. IM SO EXCITED ABOUT THE CHALLANGE. CANT WAIT TO SEE HOW MY BODY LOOKS IN 12 WEEKS. WISH ME LUCK X X

• Good luck! By your excitement I can tell you will be very successful. My words of advice (I am in week 12) is DONT LET THE SCALE DICTATE YOUR DETERMINATION!!! Many do get discouraged but if you keep your mind on your goal of getting toned and transforming your body, you will succeed.

On free days, take them. You will see that at first you will want to eat everything and anything but soon you will find out that your body wont like it the day after. So, your free days become more of free meals on Sunday.

Welcome to the BFL community!

• Anything you want on freeday is fine, just keep it controlled and not bingy.  Food is fuel.  Expect to feel differently the day after free day.  Weigh only the morning before free day and not until the next morning of free day.  

The scale is not good or bad, it's simply data.  It's not an indicator of success for BFL.

Don't be nervous.  Lots of folks here will give you the support you need.  

You don't need luck, you have all the tools you need to be successful...just apply them ;o)

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory

• Emma,

Congrats on accepting the BFL challenge! Don't be nervous. You CAN do this!!! The best bit of advice I can offer is to plan, plan, plan. Plan your meals and workout the night before and stick to them. Having a plan keeps you on track and helps you avoid impulsive choices. Also, if you haven't already, I highly reccomend reading and re-reading the original BFL book. It is an invaluable guide to all who undertake this journey.

All the best with your challenge

Orrin

• I agree with everyone about the Free Days. I remember from my past (incomplete) challenges, the first 2 or 3 weeks I'd go WILD on my free days, but soon after that the cravings go away and you really, truly do NOT want to undermine your progress with a full on day long binge. A special meal becomes enough of a reward, and even then ... I am looking forward to the day when a plate of fried carbs doesn't call my name. Haven't gotten there yet, but I will. I am working on reshaping my desires and cravings towards more healthy things.