August 1st Start

• August 2nd!!!!  How did we all do?  First workout today felt really good...which must mean I didn't do it right!  Just kidding.  Mentally I am so excited to do this whole transformation and it just feels good to know that I'm on the right road.  How did everyone elses first day of training go?  Good?  I did an upper body workout and then 2.5 miles on the treadmill at a pretty slow pace.  But in time, I know I can kick it up.  

• Hey, thanks for checking in, TeamMom!! I'm glad your workout went well this morning! Doesn't it feel awesome?

After my UBWO, but husband asked me, "What's wrong?" (And he is a recreational body builder, so it's not like he's foreign to this...) and I said "I just worked out!" and then I had to remind him that I HAVEN'T worked out for two months and it was about killing me, but OH it felt SO GOOD!!

A big part of it IS mental!! Just be sure to keep that in your heart when the challenges start to hit. Have you read the Champions Body for Life book? It really helped me keep on track in C1.

BTW, I'm impressed with your 2.5 miles on the treadmill... if you're used to that level of activity, go for it, but be sure to not overwhelm your body!!  I have to admit that by the time that I'm done hitting my high points, I couldn't get on the treadmill if I had to! :p  Maybe I'll work up to that. :)

Oh, oh.... and I ate clean all day today! I was afraid I'd slip up... I love to cook, and I'm used to tasting everything I cook for spices and seasonings as I go... and I ALMOST did once, but caught myself! It feels good to eat right!!

Keep the faith, TeamMom! We're in this together!!

~Kimmie

C2W1D1

"The limits you are living with right now, in every aspect of your existence, have been created by your mind. They are perceptions. And they are holding you back. You are capable of far more than you think you are." -Bill Phillips

• My upper body is hurting (a good hurt?) and I am so full all the time.  The shakes fill me up big time!  

• I'm so glad I found a group who started on the 2nd with me!  I feel great so far!  A bit tired, since I'm getting up at 5am to w/o before the day starts.  

Looking forward to chatting w/ you all!

• 2 days down.

I left yesterdays cardio a little late, and ending up running around a pitch dark track with a headlamp.

But, its done!

• 3 days down for me!  Wobble legs today after my LBWO this morning.  Ready for cardio tomorrow.  Hope everyone is doing well!

• Wow, Rina - I wish I could get up at 5 am, but I'm just a night owl... I have been my whole life!  Even when I TRIED getting up that early to work out or run, I couldn't gather the focus or energy to make it really count!

So... I workout either as soon as I get up, or, once school's back in, after school.

Kudos to you for your dedication and working so hard to make it happen! I hope you acclimate to the early morning soon... most people do! :)

Keep the faith!!

"The limits you are living with right now, in every aspect of your existence, have been created by your mind. They are perceptions. And they are holding you back. You are capable of far more than you think you are." -Bill Phillips

• And Day 3 is out! Yay!

One thing I'm doing this time is also using MyFoodDiary.com to keep a close track of my proteins, carbs, and fats... it's working really well for me, since I'm a person who likes that data. It also tells me if I haven't eaten enough calories (which my husband insisted was a problem, and I didn't believe him until I saw it myself!), and it breaks down nutrients and lets you know if you're nutritionally deficient. I recommend it for anyone who, like me, likes that data!

LBWO went well today, but for my colleague who I ran into in the gym, who wanted to chit chat. I'm doing Leg Presses and she's leaning on the machine trying to ask me questions about the opening of our new high school and I wanted to say, "I would LOVE to talk to you about this later, but you're making my lose count, lady!!"  Then she'd try to talk to me even during her own sets (which tells you how challenging they were, not that I'm being weight snobby....) and I kept saying things like, "I really don't want to interrupt your workout..." and bless her heart, she just didn't get it!! *sigh*

Lord, thank you for kind colleagues who value my opinion, and thank you for lunges, because I know that both will make me a better person in the long run, one way or the other, if I accept them as blessings. Amen!

See you on the flip side of Day 4, my friends!!

~K

• Kimmie, are you a teacher?  I work in a school, too, and we start back the 18th.  I have stronger w/o's in the morning before the day starts -- as much as I'd rather sleep in!  --  but I've done that all summer, so now it's time to buckle down and get in a solid routine!

Thank you for the website suggestion.  I'm going to check it out today. I definately need help with my nutritional intake!

Enjoy your day -- stay strong!

-Rina

• Yes, I am! High school Gifted & English. And class starts the 18th for us, as well!  I get out earlier than my boys, so it works really well for me to hit the gym (we have one in-district) before picking one up and getting home to meet the other off the bus. I'm thankful! That way, I don't have to feel guilty about taking time away from them and I get it done! :)

I hope MyFoodDiary is helpful for you! :)

~K

• So, four days of "eating clean" and working out really hard...maybe a little too hard.  I just started out with so much enthusiasm that I wanted to change instantly.  So, I've been doing cardio everyday (two different cardio sessions each day) along with one ubwo and one lbwo and I am really dragging.  My husband has convinced me to back off and just "trust the program" and I know he's right because ten years ago, the program worked.  I'm also dragging because before starting this on Monday, I hadn't been in the gym for months, and even then it was sporatic.  I'm out of shape!  I haven't been hungry at all until tonight when I really wanted to eat some cookies that I made for the family.  But I didn't give in.  I just put a couple of the cookies in the freezer for FREE DAY.  I finally got around to snapping the dreaded "before" pictures yesterday.  I had to go and buy a bikini since I didn't own one, but at least they're all on clearance this time of year...lol.  Darn those digital cameras for giving us instant pictures of what we actually look like.  I could have used a week or two getting the photos developed.

I really enjoy keeping up with this thread and hearing how you all are doing.  It's encouraging to me in so many ways.  I'm not alone!  

Here's to finishing this beginning week strong.

Sweaty high fives to you all! :)

-Natalie

• Love your name, Natalie (it's my daughters name, too!)  And today is her 6th birthday w/ a big, fat chocolate cake -- talk about temptation!  I'll have to hide a piece for me for FREE DAY.......  only day after tomorrow.

I know what you mean about starting out too hard, too fast.  I've always done that in the past and then wind up burning out and quitting after a couple of weeks.  This week I started light, just to get back into the swing of things.  My legs are sore, but I feel good.  I'll gradually hit it harder.  

I'm so happy to be winding down this week.  I'm ready to sleep in on Sunday and have some chocolate cake!

Enjoy your day!

Marina

• The first week results are in.

I decided to only weigh in on Monday mornings, so today was my second weigh in following my first full week of following the program.

Drum roll, please.....

Down 3.2 lbs.

Down 2% body fat

Up 1.4 lbs. muscle mass

Those results have me so excited that I'm ready to do it all again!

I hope you all have an inspired week 2!

-Natalie

• Hi

I started BFL Aug 2 as well, hoping I can join in and get motivation and maybe give some too.

I am a stay at home mom M-F of a 4, 3 and 1 year old and a nurse on Sat/Sun.  Needless to say this body needs some cardio and weights!  Looking forward to the next 11 weeks.

• Okay, 1st week down.  My biggest accomplishment was getting up every morning @ 5am and working out.  I ate "okay", but need to plan better this week.  That was my downfall.  Ate a lot of boiled eggs (due to lack of proper planning!)  I actually feel "bigger" today.... kinda disappointing.  Maybe it was my FREE DAY yesterday  (I really enjoyed it -- smile).....   Time to buckle down again.

Hope everyone is still working hard.

Welcome hum000!  Hoping to motivate eachother, too!

Rina