Starting BFL Challenge on 7/26/10. Who is with me???

• Good Morning BFL'ers!!!!!

I hope that everyone is having a great day.  Did you pack your lunches and snacks today? Are your exercises planned out for the day?  No?  Get busy, you are just 83 days away from looking fit and fabulous!

***Winner54...you are correct.  The before pictures need to be taken within 3 days of starting the competition, not 5 days as I had stated earlier.....sorry about that, they have changed it since my last challenge.

I am so excited that we have so many challengers willing to support and encourage each other!  We got this!!!

***Runningmom...Yes, I have a brand new (used, but new to me....) refrigerator, and it is currently cooling and freezing all my BFL foods.  I am so glad that I didn't have to spend by first week out of a beer cooler.

It takes 10-14 days for your brain to accept a new habit, so keep pressing on and get over that 2 week hump so your brain can catch up with your body and develop a whole new mindset.....

Have fun and Peace!!!!

Stacy

• Good morning first day'rs! Meals are planned, the body's in motion, life is good!! Wishing you all a day full of new experiences. :)

• all set over here.. first day work out with john and I. and it was fantastic!  keep in touch, and I'm glad about the fridge!

• Hello Everyone,

I'm in! Looks like most that have joined Stacy are female but having a male in this mix will be good. I've started the BFL program a couple different times and have always had something "come up" or happen that derailed me from the program. This program works and I know it does. Back in 2005 I was finishing up week 6 (half way there), felt GREAT, was seeing amazing results, when I crashed while racing BMX and broke my left radius. That pretty much ended that challenge. My calendar is clear for the next 12 weeks. No deployments or military obligations(at least none that I know of) that will derail me from this challenge. My UBWO went great this morning. Time for lunch!

Take care everyone and good luck in your challenge. I'll be on here everyday. Like Stacy...I'll post my before and after pics when this challenge is complete. :-)

• I, too, am starting today.. I've researched and grocery shopped and experimented last week with work out times, etc.    I have started writing a blog so I can keep track of feelings, too... I have derailed myself off of BFL too many times and am looking forward to starting this program with some keen participants.  

Unlike Phinsfans13, my calendar is not clear!  :/  I have a couple of camping trips, too many birthday celebrations to count, a 50th wedding anniversary (on a Free Day, so that should be helpful!) and our own wedding anniversary.  But, that's life, right?  I will learn how to LIVE through these experiences- hence, the Body for LIFE program name..

Here's to all of us!

Maureen

• Hi everyone! I hope that day 1 is off to a good start. I got my workout in this morning and have been eating my meals on time and feel great so far. I found a magnet at Whole Foods the other weekend that had a quote on it that really resonated with me and I love so I bought 2...one is on my fridge at home and the other is up at my desk at work right in front of my face. Hopefully you like it too....

"For a long time it seemed to me that life was about to begin- real life. But there was always some obstacle in the way, something to be gotten through first, some unfinished business, time still to be served, a debt to be paid. At last it dawned on me that these obstacles were my life. This perspective has helped me to see there is no way to happiness. Happiness is the way. So treasure every moment you have and remember that time waits for no one. Happiness is a journey, not a destination"

-Souza

Live, Laugh, Love,

Sarah

• Having male prospective and some testosterone is always a good thing Phinsfan13. Welcome!

Maureen--the good news is that you already know whats on the calendar.  So, make your anniversary your free day...you deserve it!  The free day can be used any day of the week, not just on Sundays.  In fact, my free day always falls on a Saturday because I have more social events on that day of the week than any other.  Plus, my husband plays guitar for a heavy metal band, and they almost always play on Saturday nights....it is difficult to bring grilled chicken and myoplex shakes to a show.  People might think I am smuggling something illegal...lol

Sarah--love the quote!  That is so true.

Welcome to all the newbies!

Peace!

Stacy

• How much you think it will cost to do a full b.f.l c?

• Hmmmmm.

Cost can be an issue, not because it is BFL, but because anytime that you want to eat clean and healthy it will cost you more. I buy all my lean meats from Sam's Club or Walmart.  My veggies are bought at various places depending on the sale items for the week.  Sam's club has a great deal on EAS Carb Control shakes:  $27 for a case of 24.  This is the cheapest price that I have found.  They also sell huge bags of EAS protein powder, both chocolate and vanilla at a discounted price.  In fact, I saw that they are having a sale this week, but I can't remember the cost.  I buy my enhancement products like betagen and CLA on Ebay.  It is really cheap!  However, the products are usually close to expiring, so you have to use them asap.  I don't believe that BFL requires you to use any of their products to enter the challenge, but you might want to double check on that....

I find it much easier to have protein shakes and myoplex bars on hand just because life will surprise you sometimes.  My alarm didn't sound this morning and I had planned on making a whole wheat egg muffin with egg whites, but I ended up with a Carb control shake in the car instead.

So, I dunno....I would say add another 20-25 bucks a week for groceries in addition to what you are using now. But, the cost is so worth it!

Stacy

• I know i need to get back on track.. last summer i was looking good and now have NO motivation....  en.wikipedia.org/.../Master_Cleanse   i have thought about ddoing this ... 

• I'm finally on the forum. Yay! I still need to add a picture to my profile though.  LOL.   Just wanted to give a shout out to everyone. I'm fire baton girl's sister.  

I started the challenge yesterday. So far so good. :)  I'm excited to take control of my life again.  

• Today is the first day of my first challenge!  So glad that there is a group of us to encourage eachother!!!

My husband and I are doing this together.  We are not actually sending a packet in bc we don't want to have to stick to the EAS products.  Can't find them cheap enough where we are and Costco doesn't carry them anymore.  Sam's Club is an hour away, so we don't belong.  We did weight, measurements, and pictures before we started this morning.  We "practiced" last week knowing we would need some time for learning the routine and still think this week will be a lot of learning!  Started with arms today and I only hit a level 10 on two of my groups.

Eventhough I know it is not required, does anyone have target numbers for proteins and carbs at each meal that you are shooting for?  For now I am going for the 40 protein/40 carb/20 fat percent pattern with 1200-1500 cal per day.  I'm too much of a perfectionist to just use my hand and hope its the right amount.

I look forward to getting to know everyone and providing support where I can.  I know I will need some from time to time.  ;)

• Welcome to my sister Pam!!!!!  Finally!

GRTMOMX3----I don't have a set amount on how many carbs or proteins that I will eat per day.  Anyone else?  However, I do watch my carb intake...my body seems to hold onto my weight more if I eat too many carbs...that's why I choose the Carb Control shakes over the Myoplex and Myoplex light shakes. But, I still eat carbs....mostly complex ones like whole wheat bread and brown rice.

• The cost is less than you think. My wife and I started on Saturday the 24th and after planning our meals for the next couple weeks went and did our shopping. We had a cart stuffed with approved food l and when we headed for the check out my wife was pretty worried about what it was going to run us. Check out $119.00.

It is AMAZING how much cheaper the grocery bill is when you eliminate pre-packaged food and junk like soda, chips, ice-cream, cookies etc.

For example:

A 12 pack of diet pepsi and box of microwave popcorn. ~$10.00

Enough fresh salmon for us for 4 meals $11.50

Or think about how much a fast food dinner is up here in Canada say a Big Mac meal is $7.00ish, so 1 for each of us $14.00

or

Enough boneless skinless chicken breasts for 4 meals $12.00

• Has anyone down loaded the excel spread sheets and if so can you email them to me? When I open them they open in a browser window with no way to save them! I did my first workout tonight and I am feeling great and pumped! Emaile me @ travislain@gmail.com.