**Finished the First Week and Loving it** Could someone critique my menu plan?

• The hardest part for me has been getting up at 5:00am to workout. Not so much the getting up early part, but for my body to WAKE UP and actually exercise. For the first couple days, I felt sick to my stomach, but I am definitely getting used to it!

I feel like I'm hitting all my high points, and really enjoying the workouts. I was a pretty avid gym-goer before this, so this is actually LESS exercise than what I used to do. (Just More Intense!) I went from doing 40mins of Cardio, to 20mins, which is a HUGE change, but after seeing all the awesome results other people have had with this program, I am going to stick to it 100%, and I'm SO excited for the results!!

This is the FIRST TIME IN 7 YEARS THAT I HAVE NOT HAD ICE-CREAM OR A CHOCOLATE DESSERT AFTER DINNER. :) I am very proud of myself.

Here is basically what I stick to, every day except my FREE DAY.  Any comments or suggestions?

Meal 1: Whole Wheat Bagel with no-cal Spray butter and 1/4 cup of egg whites.

Meal 2: Apple or Nectarine with Low Fat String Cheese

Meal 3: 2 whole wheat low carb tortialls with lean chicken and low fat BBQ Sauce

Meal 4: Lean Turkey Meat and a Banana OR Hard Boiled Egg Whites (2)

Meal 5: 1 cup of Brown Rice, Brown Pasta, Small Sweet Potato (one of these)  / chicken *** or lean ground beef / 1 cup of vegetables

Meal 6: (This has replaced my nightly icecream!!) :)  1/2 key lime yogurt with less than 1/2 cup of cottage cheese.

And of course TONS OF WATER!!

I'm 155lbs Size 10-12 right now. My goal is to lose 25-30lbs of body fat by October 6th, and wear a size 6-8!!!!

What really keeps me going, is the free day. I know that one day a week, I can eat WHATEVER I WANT. That keeps me sane, and able to stick to my diet during the week.

This is the BEST program I've ever tried, and I know I can stick with this!!!

Good luck to everyone else out there also.......this is a great forum, with great people who are so supportive.

:)

• I love your great attitude!!

Meal 1: Whole Wheat Bagel with no-cal Spray butter and 1/4 cup of egg whites.

*** Increase your egg whites to 1/2 cup before they are cooked.  

Meal 2: Apple or Nectarine with Low Fat String Cheese

**** Low fat string cheese is convenient, but not any more convenient than a higher quality protein like tear open pouches of tuna, salmon and or chicken.

Meal 3: 2 whole wheat low carb tortialls with lean chicken and low fat BBQ Sauce

**** Check your sugars on the BBQ sauce, you would do better to switch to spicey brown mustard instead.

Meal 4: Lean Turkey Meat and a Banana OR Hard Boiled Egg Whites (2)

**** 2 egg whites are not enough, you need at least 4.

Meal 5: 1 cup of Brown Rice, Brown Pasta, Small Sweet Potato (one of these)  / chicken *** or lean ground beef / 1 cup of vegetables

**** perfect.

Meal 6: (This has replaced my nightly icecream!!) :)  1/2 key lime yogurt with less than 1/2 cup of cottage cheese.

**** good.

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory

• Thank you Champster 09!! :)