Does Brand Name Matter in the Supplement World?

• I just purchased a box of "Body Fortress" protein mix from Wal Mart because it cost almost half as much as the EAS stuff.  I looked at the nutrition labels and the basic stuff (protien, carbs, sugar, etc.) is almost identical.  I looked a little deeper into the amino acids (I don't have a clue what those are or what they do) and the cheaper brand had lower amounts on all of them.  Will that make a huge difference?  200 mg less of something doesn't seem like it would make that big of a difference.  I'm not a doctor because I failed chemistry my first semester at college so if you try to explain amino acids please keep it at a 3rd grade level. 

If you have any suggestions of lower priced protein mixes that are just as good as the expensive stuff I'd love to hear those too.  Thanks.

• I think the only thing to keep in mind is that you must use and have the receipt for one EAS product to enter the challenge.    

I think that you can get really confused by getting too deep in to the amino acids.  I use creatine and branch chained amino acids and that's about it for me along with my shakes.  That's about it.

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory