EATING FOR LIFE IS NOT FOR MAINTENANCE

• I keep hearing that eating for life is for maintenance only, I have to ask where did this stupid rumour come from.It is not true, I mean think about theres a chapter in the bodyforlife book called eatingforlife the recipe book is called eatingforlife,just because the meals are tastier does not mean its for maintenance only , this is a lifestyle

• I'm almost positive I saw it stated on this website by the "BFL" folks.  But I haven't been able to find it.  I'll keep looking or call them tomorrow for clarification.

Love you some you...PERSEVERE!

• what if I told you that Bill Phillips says its not just for maintenance

• I'm not disagreeing.  I think it was at this link under the PRINT list but it's not there anymore (http://bodyforlife.com/corporate-fitness). 

• Here's a thread where someone already called EAS about the EFL book.

bodyforlife.com/.../238.aspx

• Eating for Life has many unauthorized foods, sauces and simply not best options.  It's great for maintenance and some recipes are good for contest, but not all or even most.  It is a lifestyle and when looking at it that way, Eating for Life is great.  As for getting best results possible in 12 weeks, it's just not a winner.  It has too much pasta, bread, cheese, fats that aren't essential and sauces.

Jessica Mighty Max ~ 2013 Body-for-LIFE Champion ~ Champion is a VERB!

• Bill Phillips now does say that it's not for maintenance, but he is also very clear that Eating for Life is not completely for contest either.  He puts that information right in Eating for Life.  The really amazing champs overwhelmingly did not use Eating for Life.  

Jessica Mighty Max ~ 2013 Body-for-LIFE Champion ~ Champion is a VERB!

• I used the wonderful recipes for the 1st 8 out of 12 weeks and for the last 4 I stopped. I was stubborn about it but now I understand the difference: I agree with Jessica and many others that there are a lot of "unauthorized" ingredients in the EFL book that are not on the "authorized" list from the original BFL book. I'm in week 12 and plan on doing another cycle. I am however looking forward to all the tasty recipes in EFL book when I make it to maintenance! After C2 I will compare results from C1 & C2 to see what a difference sticking to the original BFL foods compared to EFL foods.

Live   Love   Lift!

Dee :)

• You know there seems to be this common push-pull of information.  It's all about results.  The more results you'd like to see, the more clean your meals should be.  

I see absolutely no reason anyone can't enjoy the eating for life meals on free day.  In fact, Eating for Life recipes make a terrific transition to healthy choices on free day.   I however, don't rely on the EFL cookbook for my weekly meals.  I'm not to my goal body fat composition so I keep it clean.

Everyone has different "opinions" about a lot of Body for Life information but the bottom line is whether you can control your portion sizes in recipes that are in the cookbook.  

If you can control your portions then more than likely you don't have a weight problem.  

If you are overweight, then I suggest you get to your desired goals before throwing any type of roadblocks in your own path.

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory

• Jessica-Mighty Max

Wholewheat bread and pasta are listed as authorised carbs in the original bodyforlife book, also you say that Bill says in the book eatingforlife that eatinglife is not for contest either, I would like to know what page?

Also to everyone else,do you not believe another way at looking at it is if your actually enjoy

• the taste of the food they will not go off on a binge on the freeday, I know alot of folks tough it out with bland foods they dont particularly enjoy 6 days a week so that they can go hog wild on the freeday,ultimately BFL is not a 12 weeks program is a lifstyle

• 6pack I would invite you to take a look at my profile.  Do you think I lost 150 lbs in 12 weeks?  

I live this lifestyle every single day.  I enjoy my free day and I prefer not to "go hog wild" as that would only confirm that the underlying food issues I struggled with for years would still be in control.  Instead I pick and chose my treats and enjoy them to the fullest.  

To each his own and to each it's his own responsibility to eat in a fashion that is conducive of good health.

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory

• I understand where your coming from 6pack. Like I said I used the recipes from that book for my first 8/9 weeks and argued every point.

But... I since then decided I wanted faster results and by eating from the EFL book was slowing me down.

If slow & steady is ok with you then go for it!

For all my hard work in the gym, I want faster results and when I look at what the challenge winners ate, I learned it was not from EFL book! When I looked at the dramatic before & afters and read about what they ate, I started to understand that EFL was not the way to go. So my first cycle was my learning cycle, my slow & steady cycle.

With all I've learned, my second cycle is going to be by the original book. And hopefully better, faster results. (I'm in my 12th week of cycle 1)

I figure for just 12 more weeks I can eat nice & clean (but still tasty! Use spices!) The sooner I get to my goal, the sooner I can enjoy EFL recipes and maintain all my hard work! It will be my reward!

Bottom line - I tried the slow & steady, now I want to jump on the fast track and eat like a champion on the BFL challenge in my second cycle!!! (To be honest, I wish I wasn't so stubborn and had listened to all the good advise I was getting, warning me that that book is for maintenance!)

As for free day, I've learned also, going hog wild is another choice. If you go hog wild, it will put you on that slow & steady path. If you eat cleaner, results will come more easily. Not as much back tracking. (taking several days to get back to where you were on the morning of your free day)

Like Champster said - To each their own!

(Did you see her before & after? WOW!!! Did you know she is the 2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Category!!! She is someone who I look up to and without a doubt take advise from!)

Live   Love   Lift!

• I don't know if this will work but here is the link to look at champion meal plans:

bodyforlife.com/.../mariah-yu

Live   Love   Lift!

• for maximum results I think its important to stick to the authorized food list six days a week. If a EFL recipe uses only authorized foods of course it is great for a challenge! If a particular recipe calls for unauthorized foods I'd skip it during my challenge (or save it for free day).  Just looking for maximum results here...