Dream Team!

• Hello Stephanie (wysisyg),

I am so sorry that you struggle with Fibromyalasia (sp)!  You mentioned that you are looking for a natural way to help this disease and I might have something you can try.  I will "friend" you and we can chat.

Have a good day!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!

Reneinid

• Becca-

I completely understand!! My husband and I have a pool also and also like to drink margaritas and pink lemonade vodka w/sugar free pink lemonade while we are in the pool. All of our kids are older and rarely here or are in college so we have the house to ourselves a lot. We have friends that come over and hang out.....of course while having a few drinks. I was good yesterday and did not have any alcohol, but it was hard!!! It's so hot outside and we are spending a lot of time in the pool now!  I just kept telling myself to take it one day at a time and maybe even one hour at a time if necessary! It is really hard when everyone else around you is drinking and having fun and you are not. I may try a wine spritzer on my free day to sort of "wean myself off the habit" so to speak. Good luck and stay strong!

Stephanie

• Wow!  Look at all the posts since yesterday morning!  Really awesome.

Had a great first day yesterday.  Had my upper body workout in by 7am and my food fell in line pretty well.  My only problem was not getting the after lunch/before dinner and late evening mini meals in.  Partly because I was running all over the place yesterday and frankly, I just wasn't hungry.  Bad girl, I know.  Eating frequently enough has always been an issue for me.  Even when I was in the active weight loss stages of South Beach (that's the plan ~w/o all the bread/pasta/more processed carbs added in~ that I used to lose, and maintain, my weight) eating often was a struggle.  So, one area that I've already pinpointed as a focus point for me is frequency of meals.   So, today is cardio.  I had planned on trying a spinning class but it was cancelled.  I'll head down to the gym before going into work tonight and jump on the treadmill for my 20.

reneinid

Renee is looking to lose 100lbs.  You go girl!

Oooo...no, no, no!  LOL Thankfully that particular leg of my journey is past me!  I lost 108 lbs and have been maintaining that loss since Oct. 2007.  I learned a lot about myself and what I am capable of during the time I was losing.  Now I am ready for the next stage in recreating myself.  :)

Hope everyone is enjoying day 2!

Renee

• OK, maybe I'm an idiot, but I can't figure out how to add a photo to my profile!! I don't see a link! What am I doing wrong?? Thanks for any help!

• Never mind!! Figured it out! Thanks!

• Hey how did everyone do on their cardio this morning?  are you really not supposed to eat beforehand?  are you supposed to eat before the weight training work outs?  I was starving by the time i was done with the cardio!  I did the treadmill.....but how do you know if you hit your high point?  Any thoughts?

• Oops!  Sorry Renee!  Miss read my notes!  Congrats on the "previous" weight loss and good luck with the pounds in progress.  My Bad!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!

Reneinid

• Hey all,

I am happily sore from Day 1 yesterday! I am doing my cardio this evening. I have to include my 15 year old son who desparately needs to do it as well. I'm hoping that the fact that I don't exercise in the morning won't hurt me. I plan to do that on Saturday but that is the only day that I can. We have one car so I can't make it to the gym in the morning. Anyway, I'm looking forward to my workout this evening.

AIN'T NOTHING TO IT, BUT TO DO IT!

• Got off to a great start. Cardio, breakfast, and a great snack.  Lunch wasn't the greatest. Went out to lunch with everyone from my meeting.  Chicken Quesadilla...not the best definitely not the worst.  Then I missed my snack because I was still in the meeting.  Good news....right back on track for dinner.  Very long day tomorrow, but I know I can fit everything in!!

• Reneinid,

Could you share the Fibro tip with me. I have a friend who has it and she is reading BFL book now.

Thanks!

Live   Love   Lift!

Dee :)

• Reneinid- You all that was a pretty impressive list you made! WOW The only thing is, is that I am Tia from Jacksonville and Tia non smiles. I wrote that as a joke because of TiaSmiles :)

Are any of you as addicted to this board as I am. I found myself reading my emails while my students were working in class today! I am ALWAYS logged on.

Tia~

http://journeytosix.blogspot.com

You can choose the pain of discipline or the pain of regret...

• Reneinid- That was a pretty impressive list you made! WOW The only thing is, is that I am Tia from Jacksonville and Tia non smiles. I wrote that as a joke because of TiaSmiles :)

Are any of you as addicted to this board as I am. I found myself reading my emails while my students were working in class today! I am ALWAYS logged on.

Tia~

http://journeytosix.blogspot.com

You can choose the pain of discipline or the pain of regret...

• Hey you left me out! Caryl from Mo. 45, 6 kids, anyway I'm trying to go from 152 to 128. I've made it through 2 days now, but I have lupus which causes a lot of joint pain in hips and legs. I'm kind of scared about the lower body workout but I have the OK from my DR. So wish me luck in the morning and Good Luck to all of you.  Caryl

• Caryl,

I have some information on lupus and joint pain I can share with you if you want to email me debdarby@nycap.rr.com

Welcome, I'm in Day 2 and have 4 children. We are all in this together.

• Yahoo! day two done.  Looking foward to lower body tomorrow. it is always my weakest...

Lex120-It took awhile for me to get used to exercising on an empty stomach-I used to get sick, but I got used to it. It does make a difference-especially for cardio. I know some people have said to eat a little bit before weight lifting if you feel too weak without.  Hope this helps-keep trying for those TENS!!!