Dream Team!

• Also, I don't think I ever posted my week 8 stats:

In the last 4 weeks I have lost 4 lbs and lost 5.25 inches!  That makes a total of  8.5 lbs lost and 9 inches in 8 weeks.  Pretty amazing stuff! 3.5 inches off my hips alone!  And supposedly the last 4 weeks are when you get the best results, so let's all apply ourselves and push for an awesome last 4!!  I never officially enetered the challenge...maybe I will for challenge #2 which I am already planning to start on Sept. 27th.  Anyone with me?!

Jen

If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten!

My FOURTH Challenge: May 23-Aug. 14, 2011.  Began First BFL Challenge on June 21, 2010

• Lex120: I get the "why aren't you eating ____" question at least twice per week....seriously, I feel like screaming every time it comes up.  Why do people care so darn much?!?  Never in my life have I asked somebody why they are or aren't eating something.... Grrrr.  Can you tell you struck a nerve?  My typical response is "I feel like eating fruit instead" or "I'm just not hungry right now".  This, of course, leads to the food pushers who seem to surround me (especially in my family).  When people just won't quit, I will just accept a plate and as soon as they aren't looking, I trash it. I know that sounds terrible, but sometimes my sanity is just worth throwing away a plate of junk food.

Rene: You better stay with us... You made a promise to yourself and to the rest of us....Remember that this is body for LIFE.... and in LIFE, we will make mistakes and fall back, but that doesn't mean we scrap what we have done.... You are a rock in this group and we all really want you to stay..... and then start your new challenge in September.  Hope you aren't offended.... I just want you to stick with us through the duration.

Well, I gave in and weighed myself on Saturday. I lost 1.5 pounds, and I was really happy about that. Sounds weird, right? Well, my clothes are falling off of me so I know that the inches are disappearing, which is far more important to me than the number on the scale.  I was so pumped I couldn't sleep because I literally couldn't wait to get to the gym this morning so I could start melting away the extra fat from my free day.

So, I also found the new miracle food... Almond butter. I've been struggling with increased appetite and needed a way to add a bit of protein to my diet without blowing it.  I saw a tip in Runner's World to add a tablespoon of Almond Butter (it's like Peanut butter, not like margarine) to oatmeal... wow, it really did the trick.  Today I am scrambling to get all of my meals in because I am just not hungry even though I did one of the workouts that typically leaves me famished!!!

• OKAY...Geez, you guys are demanding!!!  Lol!!!

I will start my new challenge AFTER I finish this one!

Hehe...Thanks everyone!

Rene'

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!

Reneinid

• Hi,

Reneinid I agree with everyone else and am really happy you decided to finish with us.  We all fell off the wagon a little I think, and some of us (including me) more than others.

I didn't measure my fat loss yet I am hoping to see some muscle gain, but I did take 8 week pictures and measurements and was very happy with the results. I sent the before ,4,and 8 week photos to my sister and she called me to say that she hoped I was not putting them anywhere online LOL.

When I have been offered junk food I have so far gotten away with I just ate and I'm not hungry right now.

I have the last day of this challenge down as 9/11 please correct me if I'm wrong. If so I will probably go ahead and start the second on the 13th. I am to scared of going back to old habits if I take even a week off right now. I think maybe after challenge 2 or 3 I might trust myself again?

Caryl

• Reneinid - I too have fell off the wagon many times throughout the course of the challenge, i know i too have not gave this 100%. More like 80% or less! I still feel great though, and the other option was 8 weeks ago, i was at my heaviest and fattest shape of my life, if i didnt do something about it, i would be even heavier and fatter now 8 weeks later. So thank Bill Phillips for the BFL!

I too have not entered the contest, its all about being happy with myself again.

I got a new more sturdy weight bench last night, so i should be able to lift a little more weight safely now, im really going for it for these last few weeks!

Keep up the great work DreamTeam! Can't believe how far weve come!

• Hi there, do you still receive new members in the dream team?

I started my BFL first challenge two weeks ago.  

• Alexana!  Welcome!  There is room for everyone!

Dream Team is on Week 9, but you are welcome to learn from our journey!

Hey Dream Teamers...it would be good to know who's still around.  Post a little note today if you can, just to let us know you are here and plugging away...making progress, even if it's not perfect!

Have a great day and honor your self promise!  Hope to see lots of posts here today.

Jen

My FOURTH Challenge: May 23-Aug. 14, 2011.  Began First BFL Challenge on June 21, 2010

• Rene` great decision.  It's like BryanL once posted--imagine the 84 days like 84 steps in a staircase, if you slip and fall on a staircase you don't ever go all the way to the bottom and start climbing again do you?  No you pick yourself up and brush yourself off and start climbing again.  You will be so proud of yourself that you finished the 12 weeks with your teammates-imperfections and all.  GO DREAM TEAM!!!!!  

• Thanks Jen! I would love to be a Dream Team member.

A question for women only! Do you still weight train during TOM?  (you know that time of month) Or you use lighter weights?

• Alexana I do weight work outs during TOM and I use the same amount of weights.  Most of the women I have seen posting over the last 2 years do.  At least try to use the same amount of weights, then if you absolutely cannot lift it drop the weights just a little.

• Hi everyone,

I'm still here. I thought about what Scotland Steve said and I am so glad I started this challenge because if I had not I would definitely be heavier now. I haven't always always been perfect, but when I have failed I tried to understand why and what I can do to not make the same mistakes over again. I had dreamed in the beginning of losing 25 lbs in 12 weeks and I know some people do. I think in  3 more weeks I won't have lost even half of that but I have developed good habits  and incorporated the exercise I love back into my life, I can't wait to have my blood-work done this fall to see the real physical changes because I feel so much better now than I did in the beginning. Most of all I have taken the time to explore things about myself and decide what is really important to me. I am so glad I'm not where I was 9 weeks ago.

Alexana definitely don't stop your weight workouts! Nothing gives you energy and makes you fell better than exercise. You can choose exercises that stabilize your core more and focus more on the muscle be used such as machines (cybex, precor, etc) also things done flat on a bench like chest presses, flyes, reverse delt raises.

Caryl

• Hello everyone! I am still around.  I went to the doctors today and she was impressed with the changes I have made.  

Caryl my docotor was excited to get blood work done for me. She thinks I have made some postive changes and it will show there.  I am sure you will be the same.  

I am not anywhere near my desired weight, but I know that I am a couple steps closer. Like others have mentioned I know I would have gained weight instead of losing over the last weeks.  It will take a lot more challenges to get where I want to be. One quote I like states:

"Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it.  The time will pass anyway; we might as well put that passing time to the best possible use" Earl Nightingale.

I think this is true. The weeks of the challenge would have happened if I was doing this challenge or not. I might as well do the challenge the best I can and put the time to good use. Hey I have gained time in my life anyway becuase I am not planning when my next nap is going to be!!

Megan

• I'm still here on vacation in North Carolina and still working out! I've just come to the realization that this is for life. I've read it, I've thought it, but it just really sunk in. I was hoping also to lose at least 20 pounds or 2 dress sizes. We still have 3 weeks left and I'm remaining hopeful that wonderful things will happen in these last 3 weeks since everyone says this is when you can see the most changes happen!

That's one of the quotes that got me started on this journey! I mean every time I set a goal. The date came and went and I hadn't done anything. The time is going to pass anyways let's do something with it! Also another was "You can choose the pain of discipline or the pain of regret." Those two combined got me started.

@rene I'm SO glad that you are pressing on! It's funny because I wanted to chime in but could only read and not respond. I knew that your comment was going to stir up the beehive and boy you sure did! I'm glad that we have each other to keep each other focused on this challenge we need it and we will see it through to the end!!

Tia~

http://journeytosix.blogspot.com

You can choose the pain of discipline or the pain of regret...

• I am here to admit I fell off the wagon about 5 weeks ago.  I am studying for my Series 7 licensing exam and it has consumed me.  No excuses, but it was either go through 100% with this program or go 100% with the exam.  I couldn't do both.  I was trying and it wasn't working.  Up until this week I was still going to the gym, but only Mon-Thurs and sometimes Fridays.  I haven't been this week since it's 2 weeks until the exam and I am really cramming.  I switched to counting Weight Watchers points instead of counting protein and carbs.  I felt a lot better when I was on BFL.  I was waking up at 5 am 3 days a week to do weights and doing my cardio in the evenings.  I had a plan and was sticking to it.  However, my studying wasn't getting done to the maximum because of the constant cooking and planning.  I wholeheartedly intend on starting BFL again after I pass this exam in September.  But for this last month of studying, I had to put my entire time into it.  Yes it may sound like an excuse, but this is my career and I had to choose.  

I am so impressed with those of you that are still pushing on.  Be so very proud of yourselves.  I am still reading your journey each day.  I am looking forward to starting again next month!

Becca

• Thanks for posting!  Glad to see several are still making progress.  There's no shame in slipping a few steps. Just KEEP GOING!  I love Bryan's step analogy.  

Becca, I am planning on 2 weeks of active rest and then starting challenge 2 on Sept. 27th.  I don't know if you want to wait that long, but if you or anyone else wants to keep moving forward with Dream Team, we have nothing better to do, right?! Let's do it!!

Have a great day!  Jen