Starting BFL 21st June 2010!

• Hi there!

My name is Steve, i live in Scotland UK. I dont even know if im allowed on here, i think it may just be for americans?

Anyway... Im here now;)

I done the BFL program 5 years ago, and it worked a treat, i was in the best shape of my life! Then i kinda celebrated finishing the diet for 4 years, and here i am now; a big fat sack of sh£t again.

Ive done a practice run, from wednesday this week, but i will officially start on Monday.  The reason i started the trial run on wednesday is because i have rented a garage near my home and have been converting it into a gym, i had to wait on my recumbent exercise bike being delivered:)

I got the recumbent bike because it is hands down the easiest cardio to do and it is easy on my knee joints, i had an accident christmas day just passed, i fell down icy steps and dislocated my patella (knee cap) spent the whole day in A&E! Thanks a lot Santa - Ya Fat Bearded As$Hole!!

Anyhoo! Ive just been reading the book again this weekend and i am seriously pumped!

I hope to keep you posted.

Thanks for your time, (if you managed to read this far)

Steve 

• Hi Steve, don't think this is just for americans, I'm in australia and also did this about 7 years ago, worked really well so am having to give it another go as I now am fat as all hell!! I'm starting monday as well so lets keep in touch...

• I also did this program several years ago and it worked great. But, due to stress with job, kids and life in general, I too am a flat slob again!! I just went on vacation with my husband and when I looked at our pictures when we got home I wanted to cry. I didn't realize how overweight I had become or didn't want to admit it. I don't like how I feel or look and now I am going to do something about it. I will try my best to keep others motivated and hope that they will do the same for me. We all need a little encouragement and motivation sometimes!! I am going to post a picture of myself in a bathing suit on my refrigerator. If that doesn't help me keep from snacking.....nothing will!! Good luck to all!!

• I am also starting this challenge - today is my first day and I did the upper body workout.  I have been very into endurance training for the past several years and had a been a runner before that.  I would like to get into a more balanced routine so I am going to give this a shot for 12 weeks.  I think that the hardest part is going to be sticking to it for the whole time and that is what I am looking to do.  Good luck to everyone!

One Life, Live Accordingly

• WOW! Thanks for the encouragement guys! and thanks for sharing your stories.

My 1st day has went quite well, slight snag, i did the chest part of my upperbody workout on sunday night, because i was experimenting with the weights i have, and getting them all at an even increase without having to change the plates every minute.

Apart from that its all going well. So far for me, the hardest parts are getting my ass out of bed early, and eating on time. The training is hard and intense but i enjoy it, and once its over its over, and i feel great for the rest of the day.

Day 2 tomorrow, ill be on that excercise bike like a crazyman!

Thanks again for your support, and im here to help anyone else too, ive done this before, im gonna do it again, but this time keep it up 'forLife'

• We don't care where you're from as long as you're here.  

Welcome to the BFL community.  This is a great place for support, friendship and the occasional kick right in the pants when you start whining.  At least from me.  

You see, if I can lose 150lbs and figure out my way through the after challenge revert back to my sad sack ways, I know that we all can.  I'm not always the sweetest person, but I'll always be truthful and sometimes the truth hurts. ;o)

I'll be keeping tabs on you newbies.  If you need anything, don't hesitate to give me a shout out.

Welcome to the most postive thing you can ever do for YOU!

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory

• Hey 12weeks and Scotland Steve...a bunch of us are at "Dream Team".  We all started on the 21st.  Join us if you like.

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!

Reneinid

• Hey Steve - I started today as well! I have done BFL before - never completed the whole thing so I'd love some encoragement! I've been on the site - can't find the "mental transformation" part.. it was 5 questions  "It's the progress not perfection" does that sound familiar? That really allowed me to see where I could improve. Any recommendations from anyone?

Thanks

Jane

• Hi Janeinelpso, it does ring a bell the 'mental transformation' part. Unfortunately ive just read the book and decided to inspire others, so ive loaned the book to my girlfriends dad, he will be starting monday coming.

So im really sorry to say that i cant quote out the book because it is no longer in my posession. However, YOU CAN do it!!!! The easiest thing to do after a slip is to say 'well i might as well have a binge, ive fell off the wgon now', NOOOOOOO! If you have a slip, its done, forget about it, and get ack with the program, if you feel really bad about it, just eat 1 less cheese burger on your free day, personally i wouldnt worry about it!

The Free day rules! Im sorry if its frowned upon, but i really do crave the free day from about wednesday onwards, rewarding yourself weekly makes this a lot easier!

YEAH!!

I'll keep this thread going to update my progress, but i think it would be a good idea for us all to join the 'DREAM TEAM' thread, they all started the same day as us!

I'll see yall over there:)