Give me a Protein shake/smoothie recipe.... Please?

• I trying to come up with a nice thick breakfast smoothie for my mornings I'm on the go...

I've got vanilla protein powder, Skim milk or Soy Milk, blueberries, oatmeal (which might make it too thick)... Help???

Chocolate Covered Broccoli

• What brand did you buy?  I started with a brand called Myofusion and I mix 1 scoop with 2 cups of water and it's thick - sometimes I blend fruit in, blend instant flavoured coffee and it tastes like a frappacino, ice and fruit make it thick, a banana really makes it thick - that is a whey powder so I need to add fruit or milk to make it a meal replacement.  It was really tasty with pineapple a banana and some coconut extract - like a pina colada.

Next I bought the EAS chocolate whey powder, it is not thick, I only can use 200 ml of water or rice milk or it tastes gross, I could use a banana to make it thick but it's just different powder and doesn't thicken all on it's own - it tastes good but not if I use more than a cup of liquid.

Google the brand you use for receipes - seems to be all the products are different.

• My protien isn't very thick at all when I just add water. I usually have a protein shake after my workout with vanilla protein powder, unflavored creatine powder, water and a starbuck instant coffee packet. Its pretty good.

I was trying to come up with a delicious breakfast smoothie when I need to throw it in a blender and hit the road in the morning. Something thick and cold almost like a milkshake. This morning I thew in 8 oz of soy milk, 1/2 cup of blueberries, vanilla protein powder and a packet of instant plain oatmeal. The oatmeal helps thicken it up. It wasn't bad at all (not delicious) but drinkable. It tasted like blueberry muffin batter.

• Please keep in mind that you could easily take an otherwise full meal replacement shake and make it into an unhealthy challenge blowing mess.

READ the labels and understand that you want equal carbs/protein but not more than 250-300 calories in the total shake.  

If your protein powder only has 3 or so carbs per scoop then adding skim milk it takes the carbs up to the correct level and then by adding additional fruit you've doubled your carbs.

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory

• Well the breakdown for the shake I made this morning is

Calories 312

Carbs     27

Protein   34.5

I know its a little over 300 calories but I thought the ratio was decent. Am I wrong?? Is this bad??

Autumn

• My favorite protein powder is Designer Whey. I like both the chocolate and vanilla. I get mine at Trader Joe's. It is not very expensive and only 100 calories and 18 grams of protein. My carbs come from the fruit I add. I like 1/2-whole a banana and a cup of frozen berries and a handful of spinch! Love my Vitamix!

• Autumn, personally I think it's fine.  I wouldn't have this before bed, but you'll do fine with it in the morning.

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory