Starting my first challenge on Monday

• Hi everyone!  I am so excited to be starting my very first challenge on Monday, June 21.  I had never heard of BFL before it came up in a dinner conversation about a week or so ago.  Once I saw Bill's photo on the cover of the BFL book, I realized I had seen his face for years - I just never took a look at the program.  After seeing some very inspiring transformation photo's and reading how relatively uncomplicated the program was, I knew it was for me.  

I am a stay at home mom of two girls.  Each lovely lady left me with about 10+ extra lbs :)  My goal is to lose 20 pounds during the 12 week program, but more so than losing the weight, I am so excited to see the long & lean defined muscles i have always dreamed of.

I look forward to getting to know you all & can't wait to show off my own transformation photos!

Eat well, be strong & live life to the fullest!

• Hi Pnutwmn,

I will start the challenge with you this coming Monday!  I had planned on starting on the 14th, but I sabotaged myself to the point of having to start on the 21st.  (I didn't have the supplements yet and I wanted to get my body fat tested....good excuses)

I have always been a very athletic woman, running road races, doing tri's, and completing a century,  which kept me in pretty good shape.  About 5 years ago I had a few things happen in my life that threw me for a loop and I cannot seem to get back on track.  My normal competing weight is somewhere between 125 and 130, but I am sitting consistently at 151 and cannot lose a pound!  I know that it is time for a change, both in my personal life and with my body, so I look forward to getting started with this challenge.  I also look forward to having people like you who are going through it at the same time to talk to and encourage!

Good luck with the first few days and let's keep in touch!

RML

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!

Reneinid

• A pleasure to meet you reneinid!  

It sounds like we are both trying to get to similar goal weights.  I like to be somewhere between 120-125.  Right now I am at about 137 down from 140+.  

I look forward to chatting with you over the next several weeks!  Have a great weekend & a great workout on Monday :)

pnutwmn -  Tracy  

• Hi Tracy,

Thanks for writing back!  

I am really excited that I will have someone to chat with during this process.  I don't have any friends in the area that are interested in this program, so i am on my own.  I am 100% committed in doing this program and finishing with great results, so I will need all the help I can get.

Here is a question...have you decided what supplements you will be taking?  I looked into the "starter packs" that they have advertised on the website, but I just don't think I need all of that.  I asked on this forum and the 09 Champion responded that I should use Betagen and maybe CLA.  I am just really confused.  Any ideas?

Thanks again for being there...

Rene'

Reneinid

• Let me clarify a couple of things for you new folks.  If you want to officially enter the challenge, you must purchase and use at least one suppliment and retain your receipt.  You can simply go to Wal-Mart and buy a 4 pack of EAS brand ready to drink shakes.  

What you will find over the course of the challenge is that RTD's come in really handy when you have to be places and don't have whole foods meals.  

The suppliments I recommended are not an absolute by any means and please don't let supplement confusion prevent you from starting.  Whole foods are always the best first choice.  Supplements are just that, support for muscle recovery and you'll have a better idea of what that means a week after you start.  The weight workouts when done to your absolute max can in the beginning make you feel like you've been run over by a bus ;o)

Betagen and CLA are both support products but until you master the eating as written don't add to that burden.  

I hang around on a regular basis, but the ladies at the EAS 1-800 number are literally superstars in the field and can tell you exactly what is best for you.

Congrats to both of you for making this decision, Body-for-Life can change your life.

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory

• Thanks Michelle,

I think you answered my questions from my other post to you!

Thanks for all you do!

Rene'

Reneinid

• Hey Tracy,

Just a few more days before we embark on this awesome adventure to get "back" into shape!  I am pretty excited and have been thinking about it all week.  I am heading out of town tomorrow to pick up some of my Myoplex products...I live in the mountains...no Wal-Mart!  I have my shopping list and gym membership...oh, and my motivation!  I will be working out in the mornings until my job starts in July, then I have to either get up REALLY early or do it in the afternoon...we will see how I feel.  Good luck on Monday...LMK how you do!

Rene'

Reneinid

• I'll second what Michelle said.  I finished my first challenge on June 10th with great results and only used a fish oil cap and multivitamin every day.  I only used a whey protein powder shake on days I worked with weights.  Everything else was just good old lean protein, whole wheat carbs and veggies.

• James,

What are your typical 6 meals like?

Live   Love   Lift!

Dee :)

• Tracy and Rene-

You encouraged me to post! I, too, am starting on Monday. I'm a mom of 2 girls and boy after the second one, the weight just isn't coming off as easily! I did complete a challenge after my first daughter, and was thrilled with the results. I can't wait to start again and I'm looking forward to discussing problems/results online-I didn't really do that before.  About supplements-I have taken CLA before. It's hard to know if it "works" or increases your results, but I was pleased with my results. I'm currently not planning on taking anything because I'm still nursing my 4 month old.  

Let's here it for MONDAY!

Marisa

• Hi Marisa!  

Glad to meet you.  Since you have are familiar with the challenge, I hope to learn great things from you :)  I am currently out of town at my high school reunion, but I return home on Sunday and am looking forward to a good workout on Monday.  

Rene - hope you are doing well.  I did purchase some Myoplex lite RTD's & bars.  I do a lot of running around with my kids, so I'll be keeping one or the other in my purse.  Other than that, I don't have any plans for additional supplements other than my daily multi-vitamin.  

Have a great rest of the weekend & I look forward to the next several weeks with you :)

Tracy  

• Thank you Michelle for the great information!

• Hello.  I too am going to start on Monday...you don't know how many times I've said that, but I'm determined to make it work this time.  I'm the Dad of two wonderful kids and a stay at home Dad.  But now my oldest is leaving for college and my son is turning 12, so there's less of me needed and more of me here.  I'm 5'09" and 240 lbs.  I'm giving up and diving into the Body for Life world.  I'm just coming off my fourth knee surgery (the first one on my "good" knee) my left one was replaced 5 years ago and I'm headed down that same path with my right one...so, I have to lose the weight to stop damage and re-gain my life back....I'm glad there's others out here and I'd like to keep in touch...Thanks, Lance

• Good Morning everyone! I'm starting on Monday as well. I look forward to getting to know all of you.

• Hello all!  I plan to start on Monday, 6-21-10 also.  I need all the help and info I can get!