supplements

• I have been looking around the site, getting acquainted with everything.  I noticed the "starter packs."  I really don't want to take supplements, other than the shakes.  In all honesty, how many people are getting "winning" results without one single supplement.  I know that eating clean and following this exercise plan is the most important part of the program.  But, do you need the supplements to take you to that "next level?"  Thank you so much.  I won't be starting for awhile yet, but having all this knowledge will allow me to be more equipped when I begin.  I would love to see some before/afters on individuals who succeeded without the supps.

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone!!

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"

• BDMom,

The only "supplements" I use are the shakes.  I use the Myoplex Lites and Myoplex Carb Sense, but I also use a low carb protein powder that I like from GNC.  I rarely use the bars, since they are really just for an emergency anyway.  I do not use any other supplements because I am nursing my youngest, and just didn't want to take anything.

I am in week 8 of C2.  I lost 18lbs during C1, then took 2 weeks active rest (A/R), where I didn't do a lick of working out, but ate BFL all the way.  I lost 4lbs during the two weeks A/R.  I am now in week 8 of C2, and the weight loss on the scale has definitely slowed down.  I am down just about 6lbs. in just over 7 weeks.  But, I am getting smaller and tighter, and the scale is just a secondary indicator of my success.  The best thing to watch is your measurements, and how your clothes fit.

Why are you waiting to start?  There is no time like the present!

Good luck,

Julie

• Well Julie,

Thats inspirational!

I'm in week 10 and I'm looking forward to cycle 2. You didn't do ANY exercises during AR? I thought we were still suppose to do HIIT????  

Now Confused...

Live   Love   Lift!

Dee :)

• Thanks for the information, Julie!  Congratulations on the newest addition to your family.  I am glad to hear you can still get good results without having to really supplement much.

I am waiting to start for a few reasons.  First of all, I'm not really "out of shape."  I am 5'4", 120#'s, 18-19% body fat, but want to try to reach that next level.  I workout 5 x's a week, and eat pretty clean already.  I want to challenge myself to see what type of outcome I will get.  I only have two children, but my abs are not what they used to be, and I am in my 40's now, and it is becoming more difficult to keep it off.

I already know that I will be out of town twice this summer (one week each time), and it will be difficult for me to commit the time and effort.  I want to hit it 110% once we get back into town and the kids go back to school.  It's not like I'm going to be upset for not starting earlier; I am o.k. with it.

I am a planner to a T..type A personality.  This allows me to prepare and be totally ready.  I think too many people jump in without planning, and find themselves lost.  I have read the BFL book, and am now reading Eating for Life.  I have ordered the BFL Journal, so I can do this right!

Sorry to go on & on.....I tend to be longwinded.

Congrats on your success!

"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday!"

• Julie,  What is the name of the low carb protein powder that you use?  I think you were the one that recommended the Chobani yogurt to me; if so,  I have to tell you that I love it.  Thank you!  Christie

• Has anyone used Creatine or anything similar (phosphagen, HMB) as mentioned in BFL? I am a 'hardgainer' and am trying to bulk up, and am wondering if this will really help or not.

b4lexperiment.blogspot.com

• does anyone use or heard of juice plus, what are your thoughts on this product.