Website only challenge

• Hey everyone

I am C1W4D5 and having been living in Australia since September 09 after doing some travelling around this amazing country. Due to being restricted to the usual flight weight limits when I go home next month and the extortionate price of books out here (BFL is the equivalent of $35!!) I have been completing the challenge based solely on the information on the website.

It is only since reading your threads, particularly Champster09s April thread about change, that I have come to realise that I am probably eating somewhat differently to many of you. Im pretty sure the excercise is the same from what I've read on here but there are different foods on the authorised list. Was just wondering if anyone else was using the website rather than the book?

Before starting I looked at the champions meal plans on the website and used these to develop my meal plans. I particlualy Sarah Browns as we started in very similar places and she arrived where i desparately want to be (even have her before and after pics saved to my desktop as inspiration). Having followed low GI diets before I know that bananas are best not eaten everyday so rarely eat these but I do eat very lean read meat and wholewheat wraps (I have one most days).

Basically I am putting myself out there as a bit of a quinea pig for the new food list and will keep you posted on how I get on. Maybe my success will encourage some of the old timers that the new list will can produce great results. 

"The future will be made up of the present. By taking good care of the present, we take good care of the future." Thich Nhat Hanh

• I hear you; I buy all my books from amazon - usually cheaper, even with postage out to Australia!

As for food, I'm in week two, and still trying to refine it myself. Eating for Life is the most recent Amazon purchase; just waiting for it to arrive.

Good luck, and safe travels

______

b4lexperiment.blogspot.com

• I follow the book.  It is the guide on how to do this right, however, the book is the foundation on which this website was built so the food list is a bit more broad than in the book.  If you are serious about your results follow the book and use the website as an additional resource.  Ask lots of questions because there are a few of us who have been at this for a while and learned as we went along.

The Eating-for-LIFE (EFL) book is best for maintenance.  It is very hard to judge portion sizes from some of the recipes, espeically those where protein, carbs and veggies are mixed together.

Order the 4 DVD set that is on this website (bodyforlife.com/.../9784.aspx).  I think the original book is worth every penny but understand if cost is a concern.

This thread (bodyforlife.com/.../13444.aspx) contains my input about meals and the EFL book.  I hope it helps a bit.

Love you some you...PERSEVERE!

• Whilst I understand that a lot of you guys have have achieved amazing things following the book it seems completely ridiculous to me that EAS would put a substandard list of foods on the website as a guide under the pretence that you ignore them and buy the book and follow that instead.

As Champster09 said things change, science moves on and in 8 weeks I will prove to all you sceptics that you can follow the list on the website and still succeed.

I mean if we didnt embrace change we'd still all be doing the low fat low calorie diet. The reason were not is because science has moved on a proven that there is a better way and i believe this is the same with BFL. So a little support would be nice x

"The future will be made up of the present. By taking good care of the present, we take good care of the future." Thich Nhat Hanh

• Guess you missed my point.  I also was saying use the website as a resource.  Sorry for the confusion.   I don't think I'm a skeptic.  I just try to help with what helped me, doesn't mean you have to do what I did.  Remember we just know what worked for us as we provide our experience and opinion in trying to help newbies.  I'm really sorry if my comment offended you.

• ~

• ~

• jaypee,

Here is a link to a post about  the EFL book and how you can use it while in a challenge.  The 70% doesn't really apply to men.  Just be sure to watch your portioning while preparing your meals with some of the recipes.

bodyforlife.com/.../8461.aspx

Hope this helps.

• Hi SianmcLaren!

I had your same attitude with the Eating for Life book (not sure about the list your talking about). I used recipes for 8 week out of EFL book and my results so far... not so dramatic! For my last 4 weeks and my next cycle, I'm sticking to the original list in the original BFL book. If I coulld turn back time...

That was my experience, and I learned my lesson well (but was very stubborn!) so now I look forward to using my EFL book during maintenance!

Enjoy your BFL journey!

Live   Love   Lift!

Dee :)

• I use the list off the website and saw great results.  The original list was published so long ago.  I doubt whole wheat tortillas were even around back then.  There have been a lot more healthy foods that have hit the market and the online list seems very true to the original list but just includes a few more foods that may not have been thought of but are in the same basic range of foods.  

That said I used ONLY the list.  No exceptions, no recipies from EFL....Just the list!  If it was not on the list I did not eat it.

• Thanks so much Heather

I have watched your progress and think you look great so its good to know I'm doing the same thing as you and using the list from the website. Like you I only eat whats on the website list and dont use the EFL book at all so fingers crossed I will see result like yours.

Sian x