Isolating Your Mistakes

• You know, starting and not finishing a challenge, unfortunately is a common theme. There is saying we use at our house that has helped us SO much over the last almost five years---a saying that has been instrumental in really making this lifestyle, one for life. 

Before Body for LIFE, if we ate something we shouldn't, or if we missed a workout, it was enough to make us throw in the towel every time. We figured since we messed up, why keep going? Not anymore, now we have learned to ISOLATE IT. We build up walls around that food we shouldn't have eaten, or around that missed workout, and we MOVE ON, doing the right thing. Instead of just quitting, we vow to make our next workout, or our next meal, as good as it can be. 

I hope this helps all of you as much as it's helped us at our house. No more giving up like so many other times. 

All the best to you as you pursue your Body for LIFE~

Amy

~To be great is not to be higher than another, but to lift another higher. 

• Exactly Amy!  That has been my history, but as I just recently finished my first challenge, I realize that my life is full of 'shouldn't haves'.  But like you said, I can isolate it and move on.  A one-time failure (or more) in any particular area cannot become an excuse to quit.  I had to get out of the 'all-or-nothing' mentallity.  No one is perfect but progress is attainable.

On the flip side, I also had to learn how to eat a free meal (or free day) and enjoy it AND letting is stay one meal (or day) and not explode into more.  Learning to control the food instead of the other way around was and is huge for me.  I think that is just as important.

Thanks for the post.

"We conquer - not in brilliant fashion- we conquer by continuing"

• Your quote is exactly what I mean by isolating it---we must keep on, keepin' on!

~To be great is not to be higher than another, but to lift another higher.