New too all of this, starting 12 weeks 7th june.

• Hi there,

As the topic mentions I am new to this and starting tomorrow, i have read the book and am going to re-read it tonight.

Atm im 6'1 and around 240lbs, around 26% body fat according to my electric body fat machine i just purchased.

Im looking to lose 10% body fat and some lbs and pack on some size.

I see alot of what is recomended in the way of suppliments is not avaliable near me in western austraila, so i have got a few things to get me started while i order of over sea's and such.

So far i have

• BNRG Proto whey ( 20g protein, 5.7 bcaa, 120 cals, 3g fiber) per serve
    • BSN Cellmass ( for muscle recovery)
    • GNC CLA ( 1000mg)

Still looking for a meal replacement as theres no way i can do 6 meals a day with my work and other duties. im told i can use my protein and have a banana with it to substitue a meal. but others say i cant. so not sure about this one.

Im using Thomas Phillips as someone too look up too, As his start and finish is similar to what i am now and want i to be.

i will be taking all my measurements tomorrow morning and will update with them.

Any tips or encouragement is welcome as i will be needing it :)

• Hi There

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your goal

You don't actually need many supplements to make a successful transformation, a good multi-vitimin and some protein powder for convenience is all you need

You absolutely can use the protein powder you have already purchased and mix it with fruit for some of your meals

Best of luck

heres a good meal plan for you

meal 1-6 eggwhites ,1 yolk scrambled

meal 2-2 scoops of protein powder and 1 apple

meal3-salmon ,brown rice, broccoli

meal 4 -2 sccops of protein powder and 1 banana

meal 5 -sweet potato, chicken,carrots

meal6-lowfat cottage cheese and lowfat yogurt

• just so you know, there is a pretty decent size group located on the forums first page called J7 for everyone starting June 7th. I thought you may wanna "meet" us in there :)

• Hey there ... just read your post. I am just about to start my 3rd BFL Challenge (I tend to do one once a year) and also live in Western Australia. My past results - www.bodyforlife-tracker.com/searchprofile.cfm

It may seem a bit daunting, however just 6pack said, it's more important to eat healthy, low fat nutrition food rather than worry about supplements. A good protein shake (I actually like Musashi, you can get it from Chemist Warehouse) is about all your really NEED.

If you need someone to run things past, let me know, I'm here to help.

Cheers

E.

• Congratulations on starting your challenge. I first discovered BFL back in 2003 when I did my  first 12 week challenge. Some advice that has helped me along the way is to plan plan plan. Every night before I went to bed I made sure my meals were planned for the next day. For a lot of us guys, when we start our challenge we are very focused on the "workouts".....going to the gym rain or shine....pumping hard. As good as all that is.....what will make or break your challenge is your diet. What you eat is without a doubt the most important factor in your transformation. In fact you are better off missing a workout then you are blowing your diet. All the best to you. If you have any questions I'd be glad to help. I just completed a challenge 2 weeks ago . Go to my profile and check out my pics. This is proof that eating is so important. I had been working out regularly before my challenge and all I changed was what and how I ate.

fit4life "The dream must be bigger than the pain"

• I am not sure how to work these post things but I am in and look forward to meeting our goals throughout the 12 weeks!  

* I am breastfeeding a 11 week old baby.  I have done some research and see that it is okay to do BFL while I am.  Any feedback on that?

• hi all as per my great start on monday and my quitting my only addiction coke( sift drink) lol i have had major headaches and feeling ill and sore, going from a few litres a day to none was a bad idea i think so as of this i will be stating again monday hoping im past the headaches n pains.

thanks for all the info :)