Portion QUESTION

• Sylvia!  When did you come back?  I'm so glad to see you on here!  You were a major part of my success in 2007 and I've missed you this time around.  Glad to have you back.

• Sorry my friend Alyson!! Hard to track questions on the forums. By better carb, I would choose oatmeal with protein powder following my strength and not a bar, or an apple. The oatmeal takes longer to digest. The next meal may need to be a sweet potato with chicken rather than one of your lighter choices like a shake.

If you are working out later in the afternoon, it may not be as much an issue. Just go to bed! LOL.

I noticed under Nutrition they have listed meals and "snacks" - whats with that?! I thought it was 6 meals.

• Hello Cheryl-Indiana! It is so wonderful to see you again! Thank you so much for your kind words! I look forward to seeing you around the forum!

Hugs

Sylvia Bortman

2006 BFL Grand Champion Women's 50+

• Hello Sylvia,  *lightbulb*!  Now I know why I'm much hungrier after I do legs.  I also notice I

m hungrier when I cycle for my cardio since I put the resistance up pretty high during my intervals.  

Thanks for the insight

Heather

"Without struggle there is no growth"

• Aly,

First off congrats on accepting the BFL Challenge.  Sylvia nailed this one below.  Obviously on certain days your body may require larger porrtions based on the amount of energy you are expending throughout the day.  A good reminder is regardless of the palm/fist method always use your body as a judge.  If the 1 cup makes you to full, back the portion size down a bit to where you are satisfied instead.  Unless you are keeping track of calories ect...don't get hung up on the numbers game,  just ensure you are getting a healthy meal every 2-3 hours to ensure your metabolism burns like a fire and you are progressing with your challenge.  Nutrition is more then half the battle to achieving success with any diet and exercise program..

Good Luck

• Thanks everyone for you valued and FANTASTIC feedback!!  I love this new site and the responses that I am now able to receive!

~Aly