Share Your Good News in Your Challenges!

• GOOD NEWS--I can FINALLY login again!!!  YAY!

Also, I have stayed on plan all week and this moring I was down almost 5 pounds since Monday!  I'm sure it is mostly water weight because I had fallen off the wagon there for a bit, but I am very happy to see the numbers going back down again!!  

~Aly

• YEA!!!! Aly's back!!! :)  Congrats on the loss, lady!  Hey, a loss is a loss, keep working hard and you will reach your goals (4/6) :0)

DebMO :0)           Blessed to be a Blessing...

• Thanks Deb!  How's the days of going?  I bet you are enjoying the break so much!!  We still have snow on the ground and it is FREEZING cold outside, bleh!  Oh well, we need the water to green up that grass :0).

~Aly

• Still snow??? Oh my, the last two days we have set temp records, was 89 yesterday! My kids were out playing in the water sprinkler and got sunburns!

Definitely enjoying the break...so happy it's only Friday night and we don't have to go to school til Wednesday!

• I am starting to really SEE the results!!! I am W7D4... and my quads are really starting to show and calf muscles when I flex my leg. I have gone down to small gym shorts instead of mediums...

For cardio, I have switched from the treadmill to the stationery bike and it is giving me a very strong workout! My heart isn't going as high at my high point, but my legs are burning and perspiration drops literally  just appear out of the pores in my face and cascade down my cheeks.

I walk bow-legged for a bit when I get off.

I have started doing the 8 min abs workout from Jorge Cruise and I am SORE!  

I also switched up my LBWO and did standing leg presses (wow!) and the torture machine, aka leg curls where you lay face down...Today, my legs are burning!

Can't wait till 8 week measurements!

My hunger and cravings for carbs and fats are increasing. I drink at least 1 gallon of water daily... yesterday drank 1.5 gallons!!

• Go Confidence! That is OUTSTANDING! That is a load of great news!

Keep the faith!

Faithful Renee :0)

• Don't you just hate it when people try to discourage you from getting in better shape??

I just bought some protein powder and supplies at a nutrition store. When I mentioned to the salesperson that I was doing BFL, she looked at me and said, "why on earth? you don't need to lose weight!"  arrrgh

I simply replied, "If you could see what I see, you would understand."

The irony is SHE was quite a bit LARGER and probably just a few years older and has probably compromised and come to terms with being QUITE overweight.

I added, "I am not one of those people who thinks just because I am getting older it means I am supposed to carry extra weight. Especially when I know what CAUSED me to gain weight and I know what to DO to get RID of it."

She replied, "Good for you!!!"

sigh.

C1W7D5 May 16th

• C1W6DAY4

My good news for today is that i went to do my upper-body work out today and i was determined to lift 15lbs. I didn't think id be able to lift them more than once, but i lifted them for 3 reps. After 3 i couldn't anymore so i went back to the 12.5, and when i was lifting a girl walked by with her boyfriend and said "I want to lift as heavy as that girl". I was the only girl around!

Wow. I feel sooooo great!

However, when i tried to tell my cousin how happy i was she said "Ew. Don't lift so heavy, you'll get too hard and no one will like you."

Whatever.

• Don't let her rain on your parade! What is success? "It's the successive realization of a worthy ideal."

You are a Success because this is YOUR GOAL and you are working on it repeatedly. End of story. Ignore your friend. <3

• Mari ~

LIFT HEAVY BABY! It does a body good. I hear the same blah blah blah from my mother and others. They are willing to say that to my face, but what were they saying behind my back when I was 25 pounds overweight. I am not bulked out. I can feel more and more tone daily. I am THRILLED with this program and what it does for my body. I say "Go big or go home!" :-)

Awesome job on the weights chickee!

Keep the faith!

Faithful Renee :0)

• Yea, Mari on the heavy lifting!  And the compliment!! Whoop Whoop!! :)

And to your cousin, I say the same thing, "Whatever"...she's just jealous! :)  Keep up the great work! :)

• LOL Mari!   LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!   "whatever" is right.

Amazing lift! If we think we can, we can.  

Dare to try that next level again and again - YOU DID IT GIRL!

Next time it will be 4 reps - then who knows!! WHEY COOL progress story.

• Mari you just keep doing what you are doing!!  I'm the ONLY woman that lifts with the men in our gym in the mornings.  They spot me, they encourage me and I don't look one bit like a man.

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory