Ladies! Encourage me please!

• I am new. I am on day 10 today. I feel great and I am very enthusiastic. What helps me the most are your testimonies of success.  I started the plan fit/fat.  I am a soldier and have always had a fitness based life style, but I have always been chubby.  I have read alot about the 8 week miracle. Please share with me your positive stories!

• Just when you are ready to give in, something happens.  This works!  Just keep following the book and guidance provided by EAS on this site and you will do fine.  You can see my story by clicking on my profile name.

The ladies success journal which is all about several 8 week miracle stories is here (http://mikeharris.org/2010/03/14/lady-success-document-as-of-3-14-10/).  Try not to get hung up on the 8th week because it really is the 8th week or after that you'll see thing really happen.  All along the way, however, you feel little things happening.  Make sure to do photos (just for you) and measurements so you can really "see" it that way.  You may not "see" it in the mirror.

Love you some you...PERSEVERE!

• Sharon is right! She is a true success story...She's Wonder Woman!!!! :-)

I printed off the ladies success document and every so often will get it out and read it during my rest periods of my wt workouts.

My first challenge I lost 25# and 20 inches so I count that as a success...2nd challenge not so much the wt as it is toning up, started in size 16 at beg of this challenge and fit into size 10's last Friday!!

This program does work, you just have to keep pushing yourself..."You've got to want to change MORE than you want to stay the SAME" So which is it going to be? Change or Stay? I chose Change and I feel GREAT!!

Best wishes to your success! :-)

DebMO :0)           Blessed to be a Blessing...

• Gutbgone,

These ladies are right, it is about sticking to the program.  Just stay consistant.  You might have a few set backs but just get up brush yourself off and move on.  

I wish you good luck and the program does work, just have to give it time, like everything else good in life, it doesn't come overnight!

"If you mind can conceive, you can achieve it

• Dear GutBGone,

I am the wife of an army Blackhawk pilot. He's been to Iraq and Afghanistan many times. Obviously, I've never been there myself, but I hear his stories and I know there are challenges you face that make it harder to set goals and complete them. The heat alone is an ungodly deterrent that only those who have been there can truly understand, but when you add the long and unusual work days, inability to plan any day with certainty, the daily stress of being in a war zone, the lack of access to basic requirements (especially recently with the changes to AAFES availability by the General), and the fact that you do not have a kitchen at your disposal but must rely on the DFAC, any goal you set can seem overwhelming if taken as a whole. My advice is don’t take this 12 week goal as a whole; take it as a day by day goal. If one day you find yourself in a situation where there is no way to do the workout, just call it a day and keep moving forward the next day. Don’t make excuses of course, but in your unique situation you do not have to be perfect, you just have to keep trying.

I read your bio and saw that you tried P90X. I've worked with P90X and so has my husband. I am not surprised with your current environment that you had a hard time with that program. The P90X program has a grueling schedule (the Yoga day alone feels like it goes on forever) and with the changing schedule and stressful environment of an FOB it would be really difficult to keep up with it. I ended up hating that program and finding every reason in the world to avoid it, and I don't even have to face a war zone each day! =)

I am just starting the Body for Life program after gaining 15 pounds in the past few years so I don’t have any “success” story for you yet – but I can tell you that anyone who can make it through Army Basic and live the life of a soldier in a war zone while simultaneously seeking to improve their health and physical fitness is someone who can do amazing things! As a soldier in uniform you display to other young women out there just how amazing a woman can be!! Your very career choice speaks of the power that is already inside of you and of the truth that you have the ability to harness that power and do amazing things! Believe in yourself – you have *already* done great things and you live a great life example each day by protecting all of us in America. Thank you!

You can do this - day by day!

Karen

• I'm not a lady, but as a former soldier (5 years active duty) I know what is to be able to pass a PT test and still have fat where you don't want it.  You are giving yourself a gift by continuing BFL.  The confidence you gain as you get stronger will show as your uniform fits better and you walk even more with a sense of purpose.  Others will notice something different about you.

Please keep up the great work on yourself, you are worth it.

Thank you for being a soldier.

• yes.. Thanks for being a soldier.

You are already ahead of the game being an athlete. BFL is  challenging but the challenge is challenging yourself to new heights and goals. You are already doing that so this should be a great fit.

good luck to you and tune in here for motivation and inspiration.  

• Although not a woman, i am in the military also. A friend of mine gave me the bfl book about 10 years ago. it sat on the shelf for about as long until last year. I am a creature of habit and boxing is my sport of choice. My biggest downfall is staying on a consistant course. Due to this inconstant effort, i will lose weight and then put it back on again. My weight will fluctaute anywhere from 154lbs to  high of 183lbs. I am happy with a weight of 165lbs.

It wasnt until on a depoyment last year that i took the bfl book away with me and decided to change my diet and workout. I was religious with the routine and i must admit, infectious to others around me. All of a sudden everyone was working out as well. In just under 4 months away, i had dropped 36.5lbs and my weigh in on return home was 146.6lbs!!! The difference this time with my weight loss was the definition which the weights program gave me. I never do weights when i am boxing, but the the proof was evident that you MUST do weights to change your shape.

When i got home to my wife and kids, i kept the weight off for around 5 months and thought i could stay in this condition forever without training. How wrong i was and here i am once again, now weighing around 167lbs and hating it! Everyone told me i looked extremely thin when i returned and i have to agree. But i had achieved muscular definition i never though ever possible. I now look at pictures from then to what i look like now and i am exetremley dissappointed in my lack of discipline.

Not only did i follow the weight and cardio program, but i found myself doing sessions in between as well. If i had spare time, which i had plenty of, i would do in addition to the bfl program, sprint sessions, or boxing sessions, chin up and push up routines as well. Nothing over the 30 min mark. I also had plenty of time to recover though as well.

But i intend to start again in August. I will start prelim training now (i am away on exercise again), but once i get home, i will commit to the bfl program once again and i am determined to come back better than before and most importantly, keep it off this time!!!

My words of advice is to definetly keep at it. Push your boundaries though and strive to improve on your previous perfomances and keep active all day long. I found there is plenty of time to train, no matter where you are.

Now get down and give me 50 - forget about 20!!!

• Although not a woman, i am in the military also. A friend of mine gave me the bfl book about 10 years ago. it sat on the shelf for about as long until last year. I am a creature of habit and boxing is my sport of choice. My biggest downfall is staying on a consistant course. Due to this inconstant effort, i will lose weight and then put it back on again. My weight will fluctaute anywhere from 154lbs to  high of 183lbs. I am happy with a weight of 165lbs.

It wasnt until on a depoyment last year that i took the bfl book away with me and decided to change my diet and workout. I was religious with the routine and i must admit, infectious to others around me. All of a sudden everyone was working out as well. In just under 4 months away, i had dropped 36.5lbs and my weigh in on return home was 146.6lbs!!! The difference this time with my weight loss was the definition which the weights program gave me. I never do weights when i am boxing, but the the proof was evident that you MUST do weights to change your shape.

When i got home to my wife and kids, i kept the weight off for around 5 months and thought i could stay in this condition forever without training. How wrong i was and here i am once again, now weighing around 167lbs and hating it! Everyone told me i looked extremely thin when i returned and i have to agree. But i had achieved muscular definition i never though ever possible. I now look at pictures from then to what i look like now and i am exetremley dissappointed in my lack of discipline.

Not only did i follow the weight and cardio program, but i found myself doing sessions in between as well. If i had spare time, which i had plenty of, i would do in addition to the bfl program, sprint sessions, or boxing sessions, chin up and push up routines as well. Nothing over the 30 min mark. I also had plenty of time to recover though as well.

But i intend to start again in August. I will start prelim training now (i am away on exercise again), but once i get home, i will commit to the bfl program once again and i am determined to come back better than before and most importantly, keep it off this time!!!

My words of advice is to definetly keep at it. Push your boundaries though and strive to improve on your previous perfomances and keep active all day long. I found there is plenty of time to train, no matter where you are. If you dont have access to a gym, then improvise, your'e a soldier, do what you have to.

Now get down and give me 50 - forget about 20!!!