"Getting" ready to cross that abyss...

• OK...so, I have made the decision that I want to change.  I am tired of being unhealthy due to an unhealthy weight that is a result of an unhealthy diet and lifestyle.  Therefore, I am in the planning stage and am trying to piece together my diet, workout routine, and just about everything else so that I will stay on track and beat this challenge. 

So, I am looking to you for some ideas and help. 

First off, Cost.  I know the BfL folks promote the EAS brand for obvious reasons.  Have any of you NOT used the products and completed the challenge with great results?  I have no problem using their products (or similar), it is just the cost of said products that I have an issue with.  Times are hard these days and I just can't afford to pay for a bunch of products outside that of a normal grocery list.  Or at least, one that is going to be healthier for me.  Why does healthy eating cost more?!?!

Recipies...I am open to meal suggestions and recipies.

Schedule...I work afternoons...4 pm to 12:30 am.  Need ideas on meal planning with such a schedule....

Anyway...I hope y'all will throw some thoughts and ideas my way.  I am not sure what my official start day will be just yet, but it will be soon!

Thanks in advance!

Tim

• If you want to enter the challenge you should use at least one EAS product at least once.  I think that is in the packet.  As for recipes, I don't really do them.  I just eat meals with each portion that's right for me.  I think there is enough there to mix up a few pretty good meals.  There are a of bunch recipes listed under the "Library" tab at the top of this website.

As for your schedule, just plan your meals as you would from the time you wake up.  Don't worry about how late you eat as far as the hour of day.  That just isn't an issue as long as you keep a somewhat regular schedule.  Timing of when you eat is important if your goal is fat loss.  Eat first thing after you wake up and eat 1 hour after cardio days and within 30 minutes on weight days.

Hope this helps.

Love you some you...PERSEVERE!

• I also have to keep an eye on the finances... so I choose to use the EAS Myoplex Lite ready to drink shakes. They cost around 5-6 bucks for a 4-pack, and I make sure to have one at least once during the day as a meal. Usually fits right in when I am the busiest, and it's time to eat something.

That being said, I have a few "recipes"... basically big batches of authorized food that I can whip up on Sunday and portion out during the week (my turkey bean "chili" is awesome!)... but for the most part I just keep a copy of the authorized food list taped to my fridge, and pick one protein, and one carb, and away I go. Some days I feel like a shake for breakfast, some days I feel like tilapia and brown rice for breakfast! Doesn't matter as long as it's 1 protein to one carb. The longer I am on BFL, I have noticed my grocery bill isn't as huge as it once was, and also pretty much stabilizes once I get into the groove of planning and eating.

Good Luck!!!!!