Vegan

• I am vegan. Does my way of eating rule out doing BFL? My protein sources are from whole grains and beans which are considered carbs on BFL, so is this an impossibility. I am doing the strength and cardio exercises though.

• It's certainly not as easy as if you could at least eat eggs and dairy and fish, but it is still possible to eat a vegan diet and do welll burning fat and building muscle. Here is a site that will get you to some ideas for optimal nutrition for vegans.   : www.veganbodybuilding.com

• Thanks BFLMike! That website is amazing.

• inkjunkie, how are you doing? I started Aug 10 and am also vegan. Have ordered the soy powder and also looking at greens, beans, tofu, tempeh, etc.

• Is protein powder considered vegan? It would be a great protein option for at least 2 of the meals.

• Soy protein should be. The EAS has a note about the soy powder containing milk ingredients, which I've chosen to ignore as minimal. The other EAS products are all whey, which comes from milk and therefore not vegan.

• GNC makes a sot protein that I've used for years. Many times they have a buy one, get one sale, too; they also have a membership card where you can purchase the tubs pretty cheaply.

"The joy of life is the fruit of discipline" -S. Randall

• I meant *soy protein. of couse

"The joy of life is the fruit of discipline" -S. Randall