Another Newbie

• This is my second week and have pretty much been lurking around the forums since I started last Monday lol.

I don't really have a lot of weight to lose but over the last 3 months I have been gradually changing, getting out of bad habits and just trying to be healthier and fit. Running was already something I did at least 4 times a week and I finally decided to get a gym membership about 3 weeks ago and started doing weights. I got 3 free sessions with a personal trainer and he was the one that told me to invest in the Body For Life book. It was the best advise I have ever gotten. Bill Phillips spoke to my heart and I found myself reading the words that I had already said to myself. I have never been someone that falls for the "get thin quick" schemes and believe that anything worth having is worth working hard for.

The biggest change I had to make was reducing the amount of cardio I was doing. I always thought more was better.....ummmm not! I am losing the weight faster doing only 20 minutes of cardio 3 days a week?! Who would of thunk it!

Anywho, I guess I have decided to stop lurking and finally say something. I have gotten lots of good info from you guys!

Ruth

• Welcome Ruth!!!

I love this forum I am in week 8, and it has been a life saver for me. It keeps my head in the game, and helps me find comfort in the fact that I am not alone in my struggle. Visit often and jump right in!

Tisha :-) “Running won't kill you, you'll pass out first!"

• TY Tisha it's good to know I have somewhere to go if I have questions....or just a bad day.