Anyone Keen to start tomorrow?

• Hi! I live in South Africa and have been trying to convince one of my friends to do the challenge with me, but they are having none of it! (It is not very popular here yet. ) Is there anyone out there who is keen to start tomorrow (thats 12 hours away from me, eeek!) or pretty soon after that for me to buddie up with, cos I NEED someone to be accountable to. (I will be very helpful keeping you in lie too, I am excellent at giving advice and motivating other people, just not so good with myself!

I have done weight training and healthy eating before but never this intensly or for such a long stretch, but I am involved with judging body buiding over here and have a big competition in 12 weeks  away (must be fate) and have to sort myself out in time for that.

My emil address is timmay@iburst.co.za , feel free to drop me a line.

The number of people that fail is directly proportionate to the number of people that give up :)

• Hi,

I am new to the site and new the BFL program.  I am starting on Sunday May 30th if you would be interested in helping each other out.  If you have already started I can try and help you stay motivated!  I hope that you have a good day!

Amber

• Hi Amber, that would be awesomje! I started on Wednesday last week, but it is the first time I've done this so would be really cool to have someone to track stuff with. So far I am really enjoying it, I'm feeling really positive. Whats your email address, I'll drop you a line!

The number of people that fail is directly proportionate to the number of people that give up :)

• Hello!

I'm new to the program too. I just bought the book today so that I know how to eat well and follow the program successfully. I plan to finish reading it by this weekend. I'm starting the program June 1st and need all the motivation I can get. Good luck to both of you!! =]

• Hi! Have you finished the book yet? Nearly the first of June, are you still starting then? I'm on my second week now, so far so good, its actually not that bad at all once you get started, I am having a rest day today but am actually looking forward to hitting the gym tomorrow, who would have thought! GOOD LUCK!

• I'm In.  To spice things up, I have gone public (photos and all). check it out : b4lexperiment.blogspot.com

Let's keep each other going!

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in that grey twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

• Yay! Its so much more fun having people who are in the same boat to chat to! Very brave putting the photos up, I have mine, but I don't think the rest of the world is ready for them just yet! The hardest part so far was getting started, I procrastinated for ages!

• Hi Sharon

Its BevR, for some reason I couldnt reply to your friendship request so Im glad I found you on the forum.

It's great to know there is someone abit closer also doing BFL, Im in Joburg. I started today and the exercise part is no problem, I really enjoy it, it's the eating I have problems with.  My usual thing is missing meals. Ive been known to go a day without eating and then of course when I do realise Im hungry there is no stopping me!!! Good thing I dont live on a farm cause I would eat that b*** horse!

Ive done my photo's and now I think I should burn my phone as they were shocking, So Im really glad Ive finally started BFL. I did it a few years ago with great results even though I didnt following the eating plan. This time Im determined to do it all right.

Hope to hear from you.

Bev

• I am starting June 1st.  I am really nervous about sticking to the program, but I think I can.  It would be great to have others in the same boat.  Good luck to us all :)

Rae

• Hi Bev!

For some reason I can't send you a message anymore either! I am also enjoying the exercise, once I actually started, I was dreading it. As for the food, the biggest thing I have learnt in these 2 weeks is to plan ahead and have your food done and tubbed  for the next day. I have frozen cooked and smoked chicken so if I need it I can just pull it out in the morning, and when I make dinner I make double so I have lunch for the next day. Also keep protein bars in my desk at work and bag just in case, cos it is too easy to skip meals! Also a protein shake with some form of carb or banana makes a good snack. I am sure that not all of my meals are properly balanced, but the majority are so the rest will just have to do!

I also made the protein pancakes (well, I think we'd call them crumpets) by just adding vanilla whey protein (I use SSN cookies and cream flavour)  to normal crumpet batter and leaving out the sugar, and they are amazing, I just make a pile, pack them into packs of 3,  and either have them plain of with a bit of peanut butter. (I don't know if they freeze, they never last that long, the rest of the family eat them too.)

I also have photos but am too scared to put them up just yet, and I feel the same way, I have lost weight so many times and never actaully made my goal, and then gained it back, this time nothing is stopping me, I have even stopped drinking completely because as soon as I have one wine it leads to more and then I am out of action and eating everything I can lay my hands on for 2 days!

Hope its going well so far!

• How is everyone doing?

• good, but a bit sore in places. How about you?

b4lexperiment.blogspot.com

• Good thanks, sticking to everything 100%, a bit distressed that my arms seem to be toning up nicely and my butt is still the exact same size after 3 weeks, but will carry on regardless, I will just have to have above the waist photos only for the rest of my life!