Week One done...Oooh baby do I hurt!

• Owwwweeee! (lol).  I completed my very first week of my first challenge!  It feels good to have one week under my belt but MAN DO I HURT!  I'm walking around like Frankenstein!  I hurt from my nose all the way to my toes.  I now realize that I was much more out of shape that I originally thought and a little disgusted with myself to tell you the truth.  I know this weeks weight training will continue to build muscle and will hurt along the way but I'm hoping it wont hurt as much as I do now!  Keeping my fingers crossed. ;-))

"No More Excuses...No More Wasted Time!"

• Hiya Frank!  I know that "zombie walking" feeling well.  Each week as you increase intensity gradually you will continue to feel that soreness.  Some supplements can ease that a bit, I don't take any except for fish oil and protein powder so I wear the sore muscles as a badge of honor.

Congrats on your first week.  You are going to do great if you continue to work hard and stay disciplined.

• LOL!  Thanks.  I am proud of the hurt but man...it hurts!  I look forward to a time in the future when it doesn't hurt to sit, stand, walk, lift.  THAT will feel good!!  :-))))

"No More Excuses...No More Wasted Time!"

• I am glad you are sore.  In this lifestyle, proper soreness becomes something you strive for.

I still hate it when I am only sore for a measly 24 hours after a workout.  Would much prefer it to be sore for 36 hours or longer.

• Annie--

Congrats on the soreness.  I'm only one week ahead of you and definitely feel your pain!

Becky

• Speaking from experience; you will begin to crave the pain.  Should you hit a plateau point, and inevitably you will, you will be thirsting for the pain of lactic acid after a good weight lifting workout!

That said, I've heard icy-hot or heating pads can be a good friend, especially in the beginning!  Best of luck to you!

Angie

• Blessed5 - Its fun to watch your workout routine level up. When I first began this program, my heaviest weight was 8 pounds in each hand. I'm pushing 20 now and am hoping to finally hit 25#, making a total of 50 pounds when I bench. I only have 3 weeks to go!

Walk off the soreness!! It's good to know your body is working hard and changing! With every sore muscle comes stronger, leaner arms/ legs!

Stacy Lynn