Week of May 17th challenge starters post here

• I have been stuck for a few weeks but things are starting to happen! I am working hard not to pay attention to the scale and resist the urge to weigh myself all the time. But, its moving but more important I can feel the changes in my clothes. I have a pair of jeans that I could get passed by thighs and now they are on (tight but on all the way and zipped). So, yes, I am seeing my miracle.

How about you CorinneC1990?

• Thanks Sian x, I will do.  I just hear some people say they quit carbs the last few weeks and no free day.  I will continue my free day only because I love it.  LOL

Fine 2008

• No not yet, but looking for one with the next two weeks before the 12th!!!

Fine2008

• No "miracles" for me but I definitely see changes. My pants are getting loose...mostly everywhere EXCEPT my waist! haha makes it very hard to buy new jeans...hopefully my waste will catch up to the loss I've had in my legs/butt.

I've had the same issue with shin splints that someone mentioned. I think I am going to have to start doing the elliptical and see if that helps. I've been pushing through the pain but after monday's cardio session I could seriously barely walk because my shin was hurting so bad. It still hurts today! I had a stress fracture around that area about 6 years ago (grew too fast and jumped around too much, I guess!) and I think it could end up being very bad if I don't give the running a break. I hate to do it though, it's the only cardio that really makes me feel like I've pushed myself to the absolute maximum.

• Hey guys

We seem to be getting really thin on the ground now, we've even lost our "mentor" lol. I am going to start a new thread so we can see who is still here but a couple of things on this one.

Dora - be careful you dont over train as this could easily lead to injures and exhaustion. You dont want to have to pull out early due to one of these caused by pushing to finish well.

Corinne -  rest those legs girl! If your in pain thats your bodies way of shouting stop lol!! Lay of the running for a week or so and try somethign else.

Pay extra attention to your body these last few weeks guys as any niggles could easily become injures when our bodies are this fatigued. I myself have developed an annoying strain in my right Glut which is stopping me doing my beloved lunges at the moment :0(

Anyway see you all at the new thread I'm gona call into The surviving 517ers

"The future will be made up of the present. By taking good care of the present, we take good care of the future." Thich Nhat Hanh

• Bumping up incase anyone missed it - we have moved see above

"The future will be made up of the present. By taking good care of the present, we take good care of the future." Thich Nhat Hanh

• Just checking in, computer issues, but I am still here. Still at 18 lbs, but feel great and see the changes taking place. We didn't put it on overnight, so I figure it's not gonna melt off overnight either. Hang in there all, we are almost there:)

TLC

• TLC we set up a new thread for those of us remain come and join us there its much more communal and you dont have to wade through all the old posts. Its called surviving 517ers