Champions, extra cardio?

• Hi all

I was just wondering if you did additional cardio on top of the 3 interval sessions each week. I have read a few of the original champions profiles and some of them did extra slow steady cardio on top of the HIIT sessions. I currently do 3 HIIT sessions a week along with a 15 min walk every and a 45 min walk at the weekend (the 15 min walks are my walk to work and i like to get out and unwind on a sat morning with a long walk) will this be detrimental or will it just speed up my fat loss?

Thanks for your help in advance

Sian

"The future will be made up of the present. By taking good care of the present, we take good care of the future." Thich Nhat Hanh

• If you've made it through an entire 12 week challenge, you know whether your body can handle it or not.

If you haven't made it through a complete challenge you may have issues later in the challenge.  By the time you get to the end of your week 9 you should be very fatigued.  

If the walks are simply for enjoyment that's fine.  BP says in the book to get moving and stay moving doing things you enjoy.  If you add too much "extra" you could easily suffer from burnout.

Listen to your body and when all else fails, rely on the program as written for your first challenge.

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right ~ Henry Ford

Michelle Simpson ~2009 Body-for-LIFE Champion 46+ Catagory